Chapter 5

Forever and a day

                “It’s on!” Victoria’s scream could be heard throughout the whole dorm. “I said, it’s on! C’mon guys, it’s starting!”

                Krystal winced, since she was the one closest to Victoria, sitting right next to her on the sofa. She saw Sulli poke her head out of the bedroom door and shuffle to the living room, where she sat on the rug, leaning against Victoria’s legs. Luna came skipping after, her new brown hair bobbing up and down.

                “Amber, AMBER,” Victoria shrieked again, softer this time but loud enough to make the three other girls giggle.                

                “What?” Amber’s voice could be heard from the end of the hallway. “I heard you, I don’t want to watch a drama right now.”

                “If you don’t, you’re not getting any dinner. I’m not joking, I’m being serious,” Victoria quickly paused the drama just as it was about to start.

                “Unni, we just ate-“ Luna whispered, but was cut off by Amber’s voice.

                “Victoria-unni, we just ate dinner!” Amber called back, and Victoria folded her arms across her chest in disappointment. Pouting for a moment, she thought and spoke again, trying to sound as vicious as possible. Krystal smiled though, because she knew that Victoria could never be angry with her ‘daughters’. She loved them as much as all four of them loved her.

                “Well, then, with that attitude of yours, you’re not getting dinner tomorrow!” Victoria replied loudly. When she didn’t receive a response, she spoke again. “Or breakfast!”

                Amber peeped out from her room.

                “What about lunch?”

                “You won’t get lunch, either. And I’m making delicious rice balls tomorrow. Isn’t that right, Krystal?”

               “That’s right,” Krystal smiled and stuck her tongue out at Amber, who stuck her tongue back at her. Krystal laughed. “Come out, Amber. It’s drama night. We’re a family.”

                “Its drama night every night,” Amber muttered, but she gave up and left her post at the doorway, sliding into the seat next to Victoria, snuggling up to her arm.

                “What is this?” Victoria tried to shrug her off, but she was still smiling happily. “Is little Amber sad that she was so close to not getting her food tomorrow that she’s trying to get on my good side again?”

                “Yes.”

                “Alright, then,” Victoria smiled and linked her arm with Krystal’s, making Krystal smile too. “My beloved City Hunter been paused long enough. Let’s watch!”

                As the f(x) members continued to watch the drama, Victoria kept on giggling and whispering and squealing like a little fan girl.

                “Isn’t Lee Minho just so handsome?” Victoria sighed, reaching her arms out as if she was touching his cheek. “He’s just so cool. The best! I wish I could be Nana, and I could be in love with him and we could both live in that little apartment.”

                “What about Khun-appa?” Sulli snickered, looking up at Victoria. “Do you like Lee Minho more than him?”

                “Don’t say that,” Victoria gently slapped her hand, grinning. “I love Nichkhun. I’m just saying, Lee Minho is pretty cool.”

                The more they talked about Lee Minho, the more anxious Krystal felt. Although it was a totally different person, just hearing the same name made her think about Minho. Krystal looked down at her lap, which was covered by the blanket shared with Victoria.

                Calm down, Krystal. Calm down. What are you getting so worked up about? It’s the same name, so what? Why does it matter? Just stop thinking about it.

                “Oh my god, THEY’RE KISSING,” Victoria and Luna’s voice burst out at the same time, followed by squealing and hands flying to faces.

                Oh god. Kissing. Minho. Kissing. Minho. Kissing. So close to kissing. This close to kissing. Oh, perfect timing, that’s just great. Fantastic.

                “Ew, he’s swallowing her,” Sulli crinkled her nose. “Is that y?”

                “You bet it is,” Victoria was flailing her arms about, not knowing what to do. “That’s a pretty y kiss.”

                Luna squealed again and Krystal found herself blushing. Pressing her hands against her cheeks, she hoped that it wouldn’t be so noticeable.

                Kissing.

                “It’s dragging on forever and ever,” Amber stretched, accidently hitting Sulli in the elbow. For that, she received a light shove from Sulli. “Can they breathe?”

              “Yes, they can breathe,” Victoria smiled and straightened her back. “They have noses. So, hence, they can breathe.”

                Minho.

                “Oh,” Amber rolled her eyes, but continued to snuggle. “I didn’t know that.”

                When the kiss was finally finished, Krystal was the only one who let out a sigh of relief. Immediately, she shut in case someone heard her. Everyone was too focused on the drama to notice.

                Krystal sighed again, lighter this time. Finally, she felt her cheeks beginning to cool down. But she still couldn’t get that moment out of her head.

-

                “Kissing, KISSING, KIIIISSSSSINNNG,” Jonghyun got up and started to jump on the sofa. “They’re kissing! Kibum, come look!”

                Key peeped out from the kitchen and looked momentarily at the TV. Then he went back inside, continuing to cut the fruit.

                “Cut the fruit here, Kibum!” Jonghyun was to the point of wailing. “We all need to watch this drama together, like brothers, like family.”

                “Brothers don’t watch kissing scenes in dramas together,” Onew didn’t look up from his puzzle, which was strewn everywhere on the table.

                “But brothers watch City Hunter together, right?” Jonghyun poked Onew. “Jinki hyung, right?”

                “Jonghyun-hyung, you’re weird,” Taemin looked at Jonghyun and smiled innocently. “You’re really weird.”

                “And anyways, it’s just kissing,” Minho muttered, but he couldn’t take his gaze off of the TV screen. Seeing the kiss scene, he started to fumble with his fingers and bit his lip.

                If I had kissed Krystal, would it be like that? Oh, I should have kissed her when I had the chance. Now, she probably thinks I’m weird.

                “Kibum, please, please, cut the fruit here,” Jonghyun pleaded. “I feel so lonely here, watching this drama all by myself.”

                “Fine, fine,” Key sighed, picking up his tray while balancing his knife. Jonghyun looked at Key and looked at the messy table.

“Jinki-hyung, your puzzle pieces are everywhere. Move them so Kibum can cut his fruit!”

                “It’s fine, it’s fine,” Key soothed and gently laid the tray on the floor, scooting closer to Onew. “Don’t interrupt him, Jonghyun. You’re such a bother.”

                Wait, why do I even want to kiss her? Choi Minho, have you lost your mind? You must have. Why do you like her, Choi Minho? Why do I like her?

                Jonghyun pouted.

                “Kibum only likes Jinki-hyung.”

                “That’s right,” Key smiled sweetly at Onew before going back to cutting his fruit. “Jonghyun, play it. Don’t leave it paused at that moment. Taemin’s here as well. Isn’t he a minor?”

                “Minor for what?” Taemin muttered. “It’s just kissing.”

                She’s annoying, she’s rude, she’s arrogant. Choi Minho, didn’t you always think that Jessica-unni was prettier?

                “No attitude,” Key raised an eyebrow, a warning tone in his voice. Taemin just smiled. Jonghyun pressed play again and the background music filled the living room. Onew looked up and stared at the screen blankly.

                “He’s swallowing her,” Onew blinked, holding a puzzle piece mid-air. “Is that normal?”

                “Jinki-hyung is so cute,” Key squealed, pinching his cheeks, making Onew grin his signature foolish smile.

                No. Krystal is the prettiest. The prettiest girl in Korea, the world.

                “Kibum-umma, pass me a watermelon slice,” Taemin outstretched his arms, hands opened. He blinked. “Please?”

                “That’s the word I was looking for,” Key smiled before handing him one. “Don’t spill, alright? Minho, you want some?”

Face the facts, Choi Minho.

                “Uh, sure,” Minho said, distractedly. As soon as he received a plate with watermelon, he put it on the table next to the sofa.

                “And of course, I can’t forget my adorable Jinki-hyung,” Key sliced a big slice. “Eat well, and if you want more, just tell me.”

                You’re an idiot.

                “What about me?” Jonghyun widened his puppy eyes. “I want some, too.”

                “Oh, right,” Key handed him a plate. “Here. Don’t spill. Or I’ll kill you. In a nice way, because I’m cool like that.”

                Because you have just realized your love for Krystal.