Jongup goes to the gym and Daehyun tags along. Daehyun doesn't actually work out.

Because There's Me and You

Hours later, Jongup finally decides he's done and flags down Daehyun to cool down. Jongup is dripping with sweat, T-shirt soaked through, and breathing heavily. Daehyun looks decidedly better, not a surprise since he spent the whole time leisurely walking on the treadmill.

 

Jongup grabs his water bottle and a towel, finds a nice open spot on the mats, and sits down, panting slightly. His muscles complain, but it feels good, at the same time. It was a good workout. He feels accomplished.

 

Daehyun joins him a little later, his phone in one hand, some kind of coffee drink in the other hand. “How's it going, Jonguppie?”

 

“Good,” Jongup pants. “What are you drinking?”

 

“Double chocolate iced mocha something or other,” Daehyun replies, taking a seat behind Jongup. He checks a text message and sips at his drink through a purple straw.

 

Jongup takes a swig from his bottle. “Should you be drinking something like that right after working out?”

 

“Eh.” Daehyun shrugs it off and leans against Jongup, using the younger as a backrest. “It wasn't much of a workout, honestly.” He settles comfortably against him and down his sugary drink. Jongup can't help but laugh. Silly Daehyun hyung.

 

“Thank you, hyung.”

 

Daehyun pauses and looks over his shoulder, straw still in his mouth. “For what?”

 

“For coming to work out with me,” Jongup says, smiling happily. “You didn't have to. I know working out isn't really your thing. But I like spending time with you.”

 

“Anytime,” Daehyun responds. “I like spending time with you, too.” He doesn't tell Jongup the rest of his thought: that anything that lets him spend more time around Jongup, who smiles through his pain and exhaustion, who makes the room brighter by being in it, who is a walking ray of warming sunshine, is totally his thing. He just goes back to his drink and his phone while Jongup towels off, pretending to be a million times cooler than he is.