Today is Daehyun's birthday. Jongup is shy.

Because There's Me and You

The cake has been eaten, the presents have been opened, and the other members have retreated to their respective rooms, leaving Daehyun and Jongup alone in the living room.

 

“Well, I'm not cleaning this up,” Daehyun yawns, standing up and stretching. It's his birthday, after all. Himchan can clean it up tomorrow. “I think I'll go to bed.”

 

Jongup blinks up at him. “Oh—okay,” he says, and he sounds flustered, though Daehyun can't fathom why. “Are you tired?”

 

“Yeah, kind of,” Daehyun replies, raising an eyebrow at Jongup, who has averted his gaze and is now blushing faintly. Maybe he's embarrassed because he didn't give Daehyun a present? He didn't say happy birthday, either, which Daehyun thought was a little weird. It's not a big deal, though. “You okay, Jonguppie?”

 

Jongup nods, his eyes boring holes in the table.

 

“Okay then,” Daehyun says uncertainly, stepping away from the table. “Well, good night.”

 

He starts to walk out of the room, and Jongup knows he's got to move now or he'll miss his chance. With a face as red as a traffic light and his hair hiding most of his face, he gets up from the table, lunges forward, and hugs Daehyun from behind. “Ha... ppy b...birthday...” he stutters out shyly.

 

For the record, Daehyun's face does not turn as red as Jongup's, nor does he have to cover his mouth to stop any embarrassing sounds from escaping it. (For the record, he does lay his hand over Jongup's. He also decides that this is one of the best birthdays he's ever had.)