While relaxing in the park, Daehyun imagines Jongup to be a fairytale princess. (Which he's not.)

Because There's Me and You

A strong gust of wind shakes the leaves from their branches. They fall around them, twisting downwards, and catch the light in ways that make them shine. It makes it seem like they're caught in a shower of light.

 

“Jonguppie, look,” Daehyun says, pointing into the air. “It's really pretty.”

 

Upon receiving no answer, he looks over at his partner. Jongup has fallen completely asleep, his book lying open and face-down on his chest, his earbuds still pumping music into his ears. A stray beam of sunlight falls over his face, lighting him up like the leaves. He really looks like he belongs with the scenery, like he fell out of a magazine, or a storybook, too beautiful and too serene to be real.

 

On impulse, Daehyun flips onto his stomach, lifts himself up onto his elbows, and leans over Jongup. That's how you wake up the people in stories, right? You kiss them. He hesitates for only a moment, then goes for it, pressing his lips softly against Jongup's, then pulls away again, not wanting to wake him up.

 

His attempts turn out to be in vain; when he pulls away, Jongup's eyes are wide open and watching him.

 

“Ah! Jonguppie! I—sorry!”

 

“I'm not a fairytale princess, Daehyun hyung,” Jongup tells him.

 

Daehyun blushes and rolls back onto his back. “Of course not. Sorry.”

 

Jongup pulls out his earbuds and sets his book aside, then adjusts his position so that he's lying in the same direction as Daehyun. He gently pulls Daehyun's face towards him and sinks his mouth onto his.

 

When he pulls away, he smirks a little. “If you're going to kiss me, I'd rather be awake.”

 

Daehyun grins. “I'll keep that in mind,” he says, and pulls Jongup in for another one.