The Chasing Past

Amnesia

Jihye's POV

 

God, please help me. 

Please don't let him do it. 

Please. 

 

I could only whimper as Junhyung oppa leaned in and I screamed as he kissed my neck. He started to my shirt as I struggled to break free from him. 

 

"You're disgusting." Suddenly Junghyung oppa was pulled away from me. My legs lost its power and I dropped to the floor. My body was trembling. 

I'm scared.

Why did I keep living like this in the past?

"F_ck!" Junhyung oppa screamed as the man hit Junhyung oppa repetitively in a fast motion. 

I closed my eyes and ears. 

I can't live like this. 

I started to sob. 

"You just won't stay still, will you?!" The man who pulled away Junhyung oppa hit him with a thud. 

"F_ck you!" Then I could hear rapid footsteps fading away. 

I could hear the man's breathing as he walked closer to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" The man gently wrapped his arms around my body. 

The man was so warm and assuring. He knew I was trembling and somehow it stopped after he hugged me. 

 

He gently touched my hand, removing it from my ears.  I opened my eyes. It was him. I knew it was him. 

Kim Jonghyun. 

 


 

Third Person's POV

"It's okay now. Don't be scared." He smiled. His face was so tired, and she could see it in his smile.

"Ah, you're bleeding? Come here" he tore the lower hem of his white t-shirt and kneeled down. 

 

She hesitated. 

 

"It's okay. I won't hurt you" he smiled. She gave him her bleeding arm and let him treat her wounds. 

"Here, wear this" he gave her his jacket and put it around her body. 

"Thank you. Thank you very much, Jonghyun, I-- I can't imagine how it would be without you."

"Don't scare me like that, okay? Why did you run away? I had trouble finding you, you know" he smiled. 

She stared at him. 

 

How did he know this place? She never told him nor brought him here. 

 

"Come on, let's go. Who knows when he's gonna come back" Jonghyun said as he gave her his hand to help her stand up, only to be thrown away by her.

"Why did you help me?" Her eyes were focused to the ground 

"Why? Because you fainted in our first--"

"First? That wasn't our first meeting, was it? You knew me, didn't you?" Her voice cracked. Her eyes stared deep at him, looking for answers. 

"Jihye ah--"

"So it is true. You do know me. Why did you say that you didn't?" She started trembling. 

"I-I....--"

"You're...just the same as him aren't you? Y-you only want my body, don't you?!" Tears fell from her eyes. 

"No! No. I-I love you, Jihye ah." She stared at him with disbelief. 

"I thought I could believe you, guess I was wrong. Thank you for everything, Kim Jonghyun. Don't find me."

"No, listen to me, I--" he took her wrist. 

"Let me go!" She threw away his hands and ran downstairs. 

 

She was crying. 

 

Jonghyun covered his face with his hands as he heard the door closed. 

"Damn it!"

He kicked the dresser in the room when he accidentally kicked a small box on the floor. Jonghyun picked up the box and opened it. 

He could feel tears crawling to his eyes. 

 

She did love him. 

 

Jonghyun quickly took the two rings on the box and went out of the house to chase her. 

"She's not safe. I have to find her. I have to make sure she's safe."

 

Jonghyun ran and ran and ran. 

Jonghyun went down on every street, every alley and looked through every place. 

"Where are you, Jihye ah? Where can you be?" 

Jonghyun kept muttering it as he ran down the street. 

Just then he saw her standing on the middle of the street. 

The light was green. 

A truck was coming at her with full speed. 

 

Jonghyun met her eyes. 

She was crying. 

 

"No."

 


 

Jonghyun slowly opened his eyes as he felt pain from his back and his head. His vision was blurred as he was slowly adapting to the impact he had earlier. 

Suddenly he felt a slap in his right cheek. 

"BASTARD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" 

He finally got used to his surroundings when he saw her on top of him. 

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME! GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" 

 

She was crying. 

 

Jonghyun pushed her out of the way and the two landed on the sidewalk. He shifted himself so that she won't hit the ground when both of them fall. 

He sat down and sat her down with him as he did, when she suddenly hit his shoulder and chest repetitively.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME! WHY ARE YOU LYING TO ME! YOU LOVED ME? WHAT?! YOU CAN'T COME UP WITH A BETTER LIE?"

Jonghyun could feel his tears were crawling to his eyes. 

"JUST LET ME DIE ALREADY! I HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE! I DON'T KNOW ANYONE, I'M SICK AND I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING LEFT! WHY ARE YOU FORCING ME TO LIVE LIKE THIS!"

Jonghyun pulled her to him and held her tight. 

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

 

He broke her. 

 

"You're sorry?" She sobbed as she stopped hitting him. "Just let me go. I don't want to live this kind of life, I-I have nothing worth living for. I'm...I'm--" 

"Don't go." He said as let go of his hug. "I love you." He wiped the tears off her face. 

"Why are you saying that?" She sobbed

"But it looks like I could only hurt you. I'm so sorry...."

"W-who are you?"

"I....I'm the one. I made you fall into that coma."

"W-what?"

"Would you mind hearing my story, Jihye ah?"

 

 


I am very very sorry for another short update that seems impossible:"(

I'm going to do some finishing touches before I upload the next chapter so please do stay tune! 

Happy Chinese New Year!