His Place

Amnesia

Your POV

 

I opened my eyes and I looked around the room.

What happened? Where am I?

I blinked a several times when I found the man on the park earlier, sleeping in front of a laptop in a desk.

Is this his place?

I slowly sat up, groaning in the process. I moved my hand a bit-- then I realized I was on the fluids.

Where am I, really?

I turned my head when suddenly the door opened with a loud bang.

 

"HYUNG! TAEMIN'S--" the man froze as he saw me awake. The other man who was sleeping in the desk was startled at the loud bang, so he's pretty much awake now.

"I-I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" He asked.

"No, I was already awake" I warmly smiled. The man sighed in relief, and suddenly I felt a hand touching my forehead.

"Yah, you okay?" The man who slept earlier asked me.

"Yeah. Uh....is this your place?"

"Pretty much. Do you remember me, from the park?"

"Mm...Jonghyun-ssi, right?"

"Yeah. I'm Kim Jonghyun and this is Choi Minho." The man called Minho glared at Jonghyun for a few seconds.

"...Do I know any of you?" I asked. Their faces seemed so familiar.

"Oh? It's my first time meeting you, though?" 'Minho' sat down on the bed.

"Really?" I sighed.

 

Another dead end.

 

"MINHO YAH, DO YOU WANT TO WATCH THIS OR NOT?" I heard someone screamed from outside.

"Sorry about that," he chuckled. "Hyung, Taemin's show is on"

"Alright. I'll catch up soon" Jonghyun said as he watched Minho leave the room.

"So...mind telling me what happened?" I asked.

"You suddenly collapsed the other day. Sorry, I wanted to bring you to the hospital but I can't... So I called you a doctor instead" he warmly smiled, but somehow I felt he was keeping a distance from me.

Is he really a stranger?

"HYUNG! HURRY! YOU'LL MISS MY PART!" I heard the voice that called Minho earlier. Jonghyun only chuckled.

"Do you wanna watch with us?"

"I'm fine, I'll just stay here." I smiled back at him.

"Okay. Get some sleep" he said, leaving the room.

"Thank you so much, Jonghyun-ssi. Sorry."

"You're welcome." He smiled, closing the door behind him.

 

Jonghyun's POV

I joined the rest of the guys outside and made my way behind kibum, giving him a backhug.

"What took you so long?" Kibum asked, putting a potato chip in his mouth. I poked his hand, asking for some potato chips. I opened my mouth as he gave me some.

"Mm...Nothing." I rested my head on his shoulder.

"She's that important to you, huh?" He asked again. I could only nod.

"Wah, Jonghyun hyung could get this sentimental too, huh..." I heard Taemin said.

"You don't know that I'm this delicate and pure, Taemin ah?"

"Pure." Jinki hyung snorted, "I knew a lot of dirty things inside your head-- YAH!" My hand reached for his neck, playfully choking him.

"What did you say, Jinki-ssi?"

"Nothing, Jonghyun sunbaenim!"

"Good, I like that 'sunbaenim'" I grinned.

"Aish, I'm being such a kind hyung to you, Jjong ah" he said as I let go of my hand.

 

Jihye's POV

-Later that night-

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room. The room was pitch dark, so I couldn't see that clearly.

I slowly sat up.

Just then I saw a man on the small cushion seat across the room, sleeping. I didn't see his face, but I was quite sure it wasn't Choi Minho nor Kim Jonghyun.

I sighed. I don't really care about it right now. I slowly tugged out the IV that was injected through my right hand. I quietly grabbed my bag and opened it. I took out the photo I found earlier. I stared at it for a few minutes, studying their faces. And nope, I really can't remember.

I sighed.

Maybe I should go back to that house.

I've stayed here for too long.
 

I walked outside the room, scanning the living room outside. It was quiet and dark, it seemed that no one was outside. But suddenly I heard the sound of a guitar being played. I frowned, looking for the source. Just then I saw him holding a guitar.

 

Kim Jonghyun.

 

He was startled at my sudden appearance, and he blankly stared at me as soon as he realized it was me.

"You scared me, seriously." He chuckled,

"Sorry, did my guitar wake you up? Ah, you should stay in bed, though..." He put his guitar aside and softly laughed.

"Oh well. How do you feel?" He stood up and touched my forehead.

 

That, is not how you speak to a stranger.

He spoke to me as if he already knew me well.

Kim Jonghyun, who are you?


I took a step back.

No matter how you put it, he's a stranger, and here I am standing in the dark with him in his place. I don't even know where this is.

 

No matter how familiar I feel about him, and no matter how comfortable I feel when I'm near him, he could still be a bad guy.

 

"What are you doing?" I muttered.

"I-....I'm sorry." He pulled his hand back, evading my stare.

"....I'm going. Thanks a lot for everything." I walked past him.

It's rude, I know that.

"H-hey! Where are you going?" He turned, following me to the door. He gently grabbed my wrist, preventing me from leaving.

"Let go." I said, not facing him.

 

I don't know why, but I felt heavy leaving this place.

No, I felt heavy leaving him.

 

I opened the door and let go of his hand, closing the door behind me.

 

 


Sorry for the late and short update...

Anyway happy birthday to Taemin and Yankie!!!!! Love you guys!