Open My Eyes

Amnesia

Your POV

 

I opened my eyes, light bursting in as I did.

 

I could hear a small beeping sound.

 

I tried moving my head a little bit.

 

The room was painted in a light green color.

 

A TV was hung on the corner of the room, it was off.


I could hear the sound of a door opening, but my neck was so stiff that I can't really turn to look.


A nurse came in, her eyes widened as she saw me.
 

"Oh my god, are you awake?" She covered with her hand, dropping the clipboard she was holding.


I want to respond her.

But I can't.


"Doctor!" She ran out and kept calling.


A doctor came in, his lips curled into a smile as he saw me.

"Welcome back. I'm going to do a simple test on you." He walked closer, moving his finger in front of my eyes.

"Please follow my finger." I did as he told.

He then flashed a light in to my eyes, mouth, and also did something in my ear.

"How many is this?" He held out hos three fingers.

"Three."

"Okay, your reaction is good. Can you tell me your name?" I stayed quiet.


"I don't remember."
 


Third Person's POV
-a month later-


"Hyung, let's just go home." The man leaned back to the sofa,

"We can drink coffee back at the dorm, so why here?"

"Jonghyun hyung, why are you being like this? What's with your lazy face?" Another man glared at 'Jonghyun'.

"Minho yah. I want my peaceful day off back at the dorm. Sleeping. I'm not in the mood today." Jonghyun folded his arms.

"Alright alright. We'll go back. I'm letting you get away with this since you looked really pissed." The man that Jonghyun called 'hyung' sighed. He knew that Jonghyun will be this grumpy today.
 

 


Your POV
-Hospital-

 

I sat on the bed, holding the bag that Nurse Junhee gave me.

 

-flashback-

'This is your belongings. You were brought to the ER without no one accompanying you, and unfortunately nobody came here to visit either. Your phone was broken, leaving us to a dead end. The only thing that could lead us to your past is this.' She held out an envelope from the bag she was holding.

'There's a key and an address in it. Maybe you should take a look.'

'..Can I ask you something? Who paid my bills when nobody came to visit?'

She looked at me,

'There's someone who always came, leaving your monthly bills. The amount was no joke, too. We always try to ask who he is, but he never answered.'

-flashback ends-

 

I opened the bag, taking out the contents one by one.

Hand sanitizer, broken phone, the envelope, a wallet...

...And a ring.

 



Third Person's POV
 

Jonghyun slammed shut the door to his room. He locked it, and quickly took out his phone from his pocket.

'Jonghyun ah, this month's bill's covered.'

He sighed in relief as he read the message. He closed his eyes, slowly feeling the tears falling to his face.


'When are you going to wake up, Jihye ah?'

 

 


Your POV


I stopped walking as I saw the house number that was also written in the envelope. I stared at the house.

Is this the place where I used to live?

I walked to the door, opening it with the key I brought.

I carefully stepped inside the house. It was dusty and dark. Every single furniture was covered with a white cloth.

Something jolted inside me.

I walked and walked. I didn't remember this house, but looks like my body did. My feet took me upstairs to the third floor; where there was nothing but a room. I slowly opened it, and a weird feeling struck my stomach. I suddenly threw up, puking all the contents of my stomach. I collapsed to the floor.

 

Then I realized that the carpet was stained by blood.
 


I gasped, immediately standing up. The blood was dried up, but my fear of it didn't vanish. I looked around the small room, holding my urge to throw up even more. Then I saw a small photo frame. The glass was broken, but the photo was still inside the frame. It was a family photo, with the edge of it being ripped. Looks like there's someone at the ripped part, but I'm not so sure.
 

I made my way out of the house, bringing the photo with me. When I got out, I accidentally bumped into an old man who was taking his walk.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry" I apologized to him. Luckily, he smiled,

"Ow, agassi. Please be careful." He paused,

"Did you just walk out from that house?"

"Uh..yeah. What's wrong?"

"No, it's just... It's the first time in five years that I see someone going out from that house" he gave me a warm smile.

"....Can you tell me the details?"

 

 


Stay tune and hit the subscribe button!:)