The Painful Truth

Amnesia

Your POV

-later that evening-

I sat down on the bench in the nearby park, thinking about what that ahjussi said earlier.


-flashback-

'That house is where the Shin family lived five years ago. From what I know, they were never the peaceful kind. Everyday you could hear shouts or the sound of something broke...

The Father, he was an alcoholic. He'd beat up his daughter everyday.

The mother was....a e, yet the father was fine with it.

They have two kids, Shin Junhyung and Shin Jihye.

Junhyung was a cocky one, they say. He had a successful business overseas.

And Shin Jihye, was basically the angel of the family. People say that she's kind, a complete opposite of the family. Some say that she's adopted, and some say that she's not the father's child.

That is until she died five years ago. Again, the rumour said that she was killed by her father, and was thrown away in the river. That's why, they didn't even arrange a funeral for her. When the shin family was asked why they suddenly moved away, they only answered, 'Jihye died.' with a plain face. Aigoo...people these days.' He sighed.

'Ahjussi, how do you know that much?'

'Well, the shin family had been a warm topic on this neighborhood for almost two years, agassi.'

-flashback ends-

 

Jonghyun's POV

"Hyung, where--"

"Need some fresh air." I answered kibum before he could finish his question. I quickly got out of the dorm, before I pissed off all of my members.

 

-the park-

I walked by the park, glancing at the sky as the sun sets. I sighed.
 

Five years has passed.


I walked to the bench where we used to sit five years ago.

When we're still together.

Damn, is someone there already?

I sat down, slightly looking at the woman beside me. Her head rested on her hands, completely covering her face.

She was crying.

I decided to shrug it off, and continued staring at the sky, my mind was blank. Actually my mind was full of her. I couldn't seem to focus when I think of her.

But then my eyes widened when the women beside me lifted her head.

It was her.

Shin Jihye.

 

No.

This is impossible.

 

Am I imagining things?

Get to your senses.

I blinked a several times, and she's still there.

It's really her.

She finally woke up.

I gaped in shock.

My heart was racing.

 

Yah, Shin Jihye.

What's on your mind when you think of me?

A killer? A lover? Or both?

 

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, revealing her drenched face.

 

Jihye ah, how could you become this beautiful?

I want to embrace you like I used to.

I want to hug you.

Kiss you.

Hold you in my arms.

 

But I can't.

I could only sit here, looking at you, crying in the inside.

I promised myself not to meet you again.

And if I do so, I'm commiting a sin.

Soon I felt my cheeks were wet of tears.

 

Jihye's POV

Why did I have to wake up?

Nobody wanted me.

I was thrown away.

I have no place to stay. Nor money to eat.

Everybody thinks I'm dead.

 

I have no reason to live.

The urge to throw up that I've been holding suddenly bursted out. I suddenly threw up, emptying my stomach.

 

I have nothing.

My body's hurting.

Maybe I should just stay asleep forever.

 

Jonghyun's POV

I couldn't hold it anymore.

God, please forgive me. I'm about to commit a sin.

"Yah, are you okay?" I asked, finally revealing my face to her.

"I'm okay. Sorry, I must've bothered you." She faked a smile.

 

She didn't recognize me?

I knew we haven't met for five years but--

 

"Excuse me, do I know you? Have we met each other?" She asked.

"Oh, my name is Jonghyun." I bluntly said, looking for an answer. I knew she wasn't asking what's my name. But I figured there's something wrong with her. She stayed quiet, thinking.

"I can't remember... I just woke up from a coma a month ago. Do you know me, by any chance?"

Memory loss? Are you kidding me?

"M-Maybe it's just your imagination." I stuttered.

"Really? I thought-- ouch!" She suddenly held her head and collapsed to the ground.

"Yah! Jihye ah!"
 

-Dorm-

"Stop. I know what you're thinking." Jinki hyung said. Luckily, the other guys were out for some shopping.

"You can't fool her." He said again, looking at her. She was lying down in my bed.

"...she's alone, hyung--"

"Then tell her the truth! If you lie to her and say you just met her, you'll only going to lose her when she remembers everything!" He said, sitting down on the chair.

"I know. But I want to be with her. I know it's temporary..." I paused, "and I know I'll lose her once more."

Jinki hyung only sighed.

"Do as you like. Hyung will try to support you" he eyed her.

"Thanks." I weakly smiled. This hyung may not look like it, but he's very caring towards his dongsaeng.


"Hyung, should we tell the rest about this?" I asked him.

"Tell us what?" I nearly jumped as Kibum peeked through the door. His eyes stared at the sleeping figure in my bed.

"Yah, hyung, what did you do to her...and why does her face looked so familiar?" He walked in, staring at her face.

"Pre-debut. Girlfriend." I simply answered, but Kibum gaped in shock.

"Yah! She died, didn't she?!" He exclaimed.

"Lower your voice, kibum ah" Jinki hyung leaned back to his chair.

"Yah! I can't believe this! You were crying over her death!" He whispered.

"No-- Yah, I told you to stop talking about it. It's a long story. I'll tell you outside." I walked outside, dragging shocked kibum with me.


 


Double update^^

Stay tune and hit the subscribe button!