Chasing The Past

Amnesia

I'm very very very veeeery sorry for the update-that-seems-impossible!!! I hope I can update more often hehe<3 ily guys<3


 

Onew's POV

 

"I'll take these"

"Thank you sir!"

 

I walked outside the minimarket. It was pretty quiet, well maybe because it's past midnight already.

I sighed as I opened a can of cold coffee.

Who would've thought that I caught Jonghyun's insomnia? I'm sure it's not contagious though...is it only my suggestion?

....

Aish, if I want to sleep, then what am I drinking now...

I threw the now half-filled coffee can to the garbage can, when I heard something.

 

'Mm, I like your scent, miss. Clearly not a cheap one, huh...' The man said. His face was only inches from a woman, her body was trapped by his.

"G-get off me!" She struggled, but she failed to break free.

'Whoops. Should I remind you that I'm way stronger than you?' His other hand started to roam her body. It stopped by her thigh, playfully teasing her. She started to cry, when I realized who it was.

 

What the hell.

 

"Yah! Go away from her." I dragged the man away from her by his collar.

"You okay? Why are you here?" I turned to Shin Jihye, the girl Jonghyun desperately fell in love with.

"Who are you--watch out, behind you!" I took her hand and dragged her away from him. In other words, we're running away from him.

"YAH! COME BACK HERE PRETTY BOY!" I heard the man screamed.

Pretty boy? Aish, seriously?

"H-hey! Slow down! I-I can't...keep...up.." I stopped running and so does she. I swiftly lifted her and started running again.

"Yah! What are you--"

"Miss, would you mind holding this for me?" I said, referring to the plastic bag I was holding.

"O-okay, but who are you?" she asked, confused.

"Listen, we'll be in big trouble if he catches us, okay? So if you know a good hiding spot or anything it will be veeeeery helpful" I said, slightly running out of breath.

"....Turn left."

"Yes, sir!" I followed her directions until we finally arrived in a house.

I knew this house, Jonghyunnie brought me here a few years ago.

 

It was her house.

 


"Hey." I called her. She was sitting on the floor across the room.

"What? Who are you?"

"At least eat these, I knew you haven't ate anything yet." I sighed, handing a pack of hot bar.

"I'm not eating anything before I know who you are." She leaned her head to the wall.

"Fine. I'm Lee Jinki. You can call me Jinki. I live with Jonghyun and Minho. I was outside, watching TV when you woke up." She stayed quiet.

"Look, I know it's hard for you to trust anyone right now, but I promise I won't do anything, okay? Just eat the hot bar before you starve to death." I said, lowering my voice at the last sentence.

She continued to stare at me, her eyes were really tired.

"I'm fine. Thanks for worrying, Jinki-ssi."

"You're probably not. I can see you're lying." I slided the hotbar at her, but she just left it as it is.

Aish, this woman is getting me on my nerves, seriously. I don't understand why Jonghyun really love this woman.

 

"Hey." She suddenly said.

"Yeah?"

"Do...do you know Kim Jonghyun well?" She asked, her eyes stuck to the ground. I smiled, leaning my head to the wall.

"Yeah. The five of us has been together since six? Or maybe seven years ago."

"Really? What...what is he like?"

"He's kind. He's alright. Although he looks like a player, there's only one woman in his eyes. Why?" I asked.

"No--" she suddenly coughed. A lot.

"Hey, hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm--" this time, she coughed blood.

"Yah, we should go back to the hospital."

"No, I'm fine. Sorry. You should go."

"Why--"

"Just go! ...Please."

"I can't."

"Please. I--" she started to breathe heavily as she held her head and suddenly she collapsed.

"Yah!" I quickly lifted her and made my way to the hospital.

 


Third Person's POV

-hospital-

Jihye slowly opened her eyes, her head felt like it's being drilled. She looked around the room. It was same as that day.

Cold and dead room.

It was so quiet, the only sound could be heard was the dripping sound of the IV fluid. She looked beside her and she was surprised that he was there, his head rested beside her arm.

Kim Jonghyun.

'Who are you, really?
Do you know about me?
'

She hesitated for a moment.

She reached out her hands and slowly his hair.

'Come back to your senses, Shin Jihye.'

She pulled back her arm and closed her eyes.

 

'Why do I feel I need him beside me?'

 

-later that afternoon-

Jonghyun sat down on the side of the bed, his head rested in his arms. He was very tired, he was looking for her all night, when suddenly Jinki hyung told that she was admitted to the hospital.

"Kim Jonghyun-ssi, should we report this to the police?" the nurse asked, her face showed worry.

"It's okay. You don't need to do that." He forced a smile.

She left.

Without saying anything.

"Jonghyun ah, you okay? You don't look really good." Jinki sighed at the sight of his dongsaeng.

"I'll look for her. You get some rest, okay?" Jinki said as he turned to the door, but suddenly his hand was grabbed.

"No, I'll look for her." Jinki turned back to him.

"Yah, look at yourself. You look like you're going to collapse in any minute."

"Hyung, you get some rest too." He pushed his hyung back a little as a warning. Jinki could only sigh as he saw him lifelessly going out from the room.


 

Jihye's POV

I stopped running, slightly panting. I can't just sit there and wait for my memories to come back. There must be something I can do. I hesitated, but I quietly entered my previous house. I slowly entered other rooms in the house. The house consisted of a dining room, a kitchen, one big room and another with a smaller size. And also the small storage on the top floor, where I found the photo. I wandered around the house and I decided to come back to the room.


Third Person's POV

Jihye came back to the room and opened the only dresser inside where she found the photo. She opened all the drawers but the result is still zero. She sighed and closed back the drawers but it was stuck and wouldn't go in. She pulled all the drawers out and found a little box, the reason why the drawers wouldn't go in.

She slowly opened it.

There was a photo, a few pieces of notes with some writing on it, and another ring.

Jihye sat down on the floor. She examined the photo. It was a photo of two persons, a boy and a girl. She assumed that the girl was her younger self, and she looked closely at the boy.

"Who is this? Shin Junhyung? Wait, he looks like someone--" Jihye gasped. It was him again.

Kim Jonghyun.

'This makes no sense--he...he doesn't know me-- did he?' Jihye thought to herself. She quickly looked at the notes.

 

'Jihye ah~ teach me algebraㅠㅠ'

'I'll wait for you at the rooftop laterㅎㅅㅎ'

'Yah, you okay? You don't look so good.'

 

She looked at the other notes, but it was too blurred to read.

From the similar writing, she could conclude that the same person wrote it.

'Who is it? Is the boy in the picture really is Kim Jonghyun?'

Jihye took the ring and stared at it. It was a toy ring, it wasn't a real ring. It was made from a fake silver with little blue carving.

It was beautiful for a toy ring.

But she knew she had seen it before. Jihye snapped and quickly searched through her bag. And there it is. The same ring with a bigger size.

'What is this? Couple? Couple rings?' She thought to herself. If the boy on the picture really is Kim Jonghyun, she thinks that there is a high chance that these notes belong to him, and so does the other ring.

Jihye sighed.

Even though that is the most possible reason for him sticking around her, she doesn't want to jump to conclusions.

'If so, why did he say he just met me?'

Jihye snapped out of her thoughts.

'I could still be wrong. It can't be him.'

Jihye stood up and walked out of the room.

After closing the door, she suddenly felt something was wrong.

She looked around the hall into the dining room.

 

Someone else is here.

 

Jihye quietly made her way down stairs, the dining room, and the hall leading to the exit door.

She looked around the hall, scared. Old photos of her family was still on the wall, all of them was ripped, just like the photo she found.

Suddenly the door opened. Jihye gasped and took a step back in shock.

"Well look who's here. You sure is lucky to be alive, though." The man put his phone on his pocket.

Jihye knew the man.

His face and features was very similar as the family picture.

 

Shin Junhyung.

 

Jihye wasn't sure.

"Recalling all the old days, huh?" He said, referring to the pictures. His hands sneaked to the doorknob, locking it. "You know, I should've killed you that day."

That day?

"W-what...what are you talking about?" She asked.

"You're funny, Jihye ah." He snorted. "Ah, could you help oppa with something?"

Is he really Shin Junhyung?

"I wanted to burn all the evidence and find you, but, I guess you saved oppa from all that trouble" he smirked.

What?

"You need to die, Jihye ah. Will you help me with that?" Junhyung pulled out his pocket knife.

Jihye took a few steps back.

'So what the old man says is true.'

"W-why do you want me to die that much?" She trembled.

"Aw, my little dongsaeng has learned how to speak, huh? You were all obedient in the past, though?" He chuckled. "Let's see, I have to kill you now because you'd rat on to the police about the incident five years ago, am I right?"

"Five years ago--"

"Five years ago? Just some dad going to fortune teller and . You were adopted. It was predicted that you're going to take all our money and you were nothing but pain in the . A piece of trash. Well you're the one who started it right? You and your ing boyfriend" he spun the knife on his hand.

'Just because of that fortune telling? A boyfriend? Who?' Jihye frowned. She couldn't think straight.

"Now come here" he took a step forward, and she took a step back.

"J-junhyung oppa. Oppa please don't--" she took a few steps when she stumbled to the stairs. She quickly ran to the top floor and went inside the storage room. She blocked the door with her body.

'What should I do? What should I do?' She looked at the windows, the only way out. But unfortunately it was closed with planks nailed in the walls. She can't go out.

"Jihye open the door!" Junhyung shouted. Jihye panicked and blocked the door as hard as she could, but surely, man's power are stronger than woman's. Junhyung was ramming the door with his body.

Jihye couldn't hold it anymore.

"Open the ing door!" Junhyung stabbed the door, and unfortunately it also left a wound on her right arm. Jihye closed and endured the pain, tears were starting to drench her face.

"Oppa cut you, didn't I? OPEN IT!"

Jihye pulled herself and let Junhyung in, thrown aback as the door suddenly opened. Jihye quickly used the moment and kicked the door closed as it hit Junhyung's body. As Junhyung groaned in pain, Jihye tried to push him so that she could escape, but she failed.

He caught her.

"YOU LITTLE-- COME HERE!" Junhyung grabbed her body and pushed it to the corner of the room.

"You're an extra work, aren't you?" Junhyung dominated her space, his hands still pinning her to the corner.

"You've grown pretty well, huh. Look at that body of yours. How should I describe it? Dreamy?" He chuckled, he growled at the pain from the door hit earlier.

"Oppa, please let me go. Please" she pleaded as tears fell to her face.

"Oppa? Shin Jihye, you're an outsider and you'd always be. Mm, let me guess. That boyfriend of yours must have gone pretty tired with your ty attitude right?" He shifted his hands. His left hand was holding her hand above her heads and his right hand reached for his knife, teasing her neck with it.

"Mm? What do you think I should do next? Straight to business or have some fun?"

"Oppa please--"

"Should I have some fun? I'm sure you'll have fun too." Junhyung chuckled and leaned to her.

"Oppa please don't do this, please--" she tried to break free with her body.

"I, was never your oppa. You got that? Stop breaking free, you're ." He smirked.


"You're disgusting." Suddenly Junhyung was pulled by his collar.

 


Hi guys!

I'm so sorry for not updating-- 

I was very busy with preparation for college and the first semester that I barely had time for my self...

Heheh now I'm still on holiday and the second semester is coming soon!

I hope I can do well~

Anyway I hope I can update the next chapter in a couple of days!

Hit the subscribe button and stay tune!!