His Other Half

Days and Nights

“Kyungsoo-yah, what do you think?”

Kai a pose in front of mirror with his suit on. KyuKyungsoo who was stood behind him circled his hands around his waist. “Handsome.”

“I thought Kris and Luhan will have happy ending.” Kai said bitterly. Kyungsoo smiled and helped Kai with the necktie. “Kris found his happiness in her, and that’s important.” Kyungsoo told him.

“What about Luhan? He deserves to be happy right?”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Everything takes time. Maybe Luhan needs some more time to find his own happiness. Kris knows what he wants, and when he found his happiness in his soon to be wife, he hold onto her tight. He told me that.”

“But Luhan is really depressed with this. He’s moving on, but this seemed hit him really hard.” Kai explained.

“Why you know everything about Luhan?” Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at Kai’s reflection. Kai stared back. “Why you know everything about Kris?”

“Why? Jealous?” Kyungsoo stuck out his tongue at Kai.

“Nope.” Kai said. “Not the part that you are really close to Kris as a man. I’m jealous of your bromance with him. I was the one who always hang out with him, the one that totally excited whenever he asked me to play basketball or just go shopping. Then Luhan came to our life, Kris spent most of his time with him. Then you come to his life, listen to him more that I can do. As a friend, I feel like my best friend is stolen. Now, he’s going to marry someone and live aboard. Someone really steals him from me.”

“He’ll marry her next week, it’s his bachelor party. You still have time to be with him.” Kyungsoo said.

“It means that tonight I’m going to ditch you for him.” Kai reminded Kyungsoo, but he seemed fine with it. “Go ahead, I don’t mind. We ain’t going to call stripper, right?”

Kai laughed. “We’ll go to Hongdae, partying all night long with our friends.” Kai explained. “I told him to just spend time in his apartment, but he said that it was so gay. He’s not a gay anymore…”

Kyungsoo laughed. He walked towards the wardrobe, and then he took a pink bowtie. “No girl will strip you when they see this.” Kyungsoo grinned. Kai laughed and messed Kyungsoo’s hair. “Why you are this adorable?” Kai asked him as he pulled Kyungsoo by his waist. “I love you.” He said as he placed kiss on his lover’s lips.

 

Kai stood in front of Kyungsoo’s room, biting his nails as he hesitated to open it. He was afraid that something happened to Kyungsoo. Kai saw him sitting beside him with all white clothes earlier, and he definitely sure that it wasn’t his hallucination. He remembered at the day his childhood friend died, he played with his friends all day without knowing that his friend already passed away. He afraid that what happened before to him repeated.

The door was opened; he tightened his fist as he saw Dr. Sehun walked outside the room. Sehun shocked to see Kai stood outside with fear seen from his eyes.

“Ah, hyung…  what are you doing here?” Sehun asked Kai. Kai seemed lost in his own fear of losing Kyungsoo, he didn’t answered.

“Everyone is inside.” Sehun said.

Kai took a step closer to the door; he took a deep breath before he walked inside the room. Luhan with kids, Kyungsoo’s father, and Kyungsoo with middle aged woman beside him.

“Jongin-ah!” Kyungsoo smiled at Kai.

Kai sighed in relief and felt like all his fear gone. “Thank God!”

Kai ran towards Kyungsoo, hugged him tight as if he afraid to lose him. Kyungsoo confused at Kai’s sudden hug. He felt awkward because a lot of people were in the room. “Jongin ah, gwaenchanha?”

Kai broke his hug. “I was outside, enjoyed my frappucino when a man came and sat beside me. He was in all white clothes, and he wore shades. I thought he was Luhan or Sehun because he drank bubble tea, but I remembered that Sehun and Luhan were with Kris’ kids. We talked for a bit, and yeah the voice was similar to you. When he about to leave, he took off his shades and smiled at me. And HE WAS YOU!! I was dumbfounded, and I thought you… oh God! I was really afraid that something bad happened!”

“Jongin-ah, you talk too much.” Kyungsoo laughed. He pulled Kai closer and hugged him warmly. “Gwaenchana, I’m here.” Kyungsoo said as he patted Kai’s back. After Kai calmed, he broke his hug and introduced his mother to Kai. “Kai, this is my mother. Mom, this is Kai, or Jongin,” Kyungsoo paused. “my boyfriend.” He flushed.

Kyungsoo’s mother shook her hand with Kai’s. She gave Kai stare, and then she laughed. Everyone in the room was confused, but she laughed louder. “You think you saw a ghost earlier?”

Kai nodded confusedly.

Kyungsoo’s mother wiped her tears, and stared at her ex husband. “That person is Kyungsoo’s twins brother.”

Kyungsoo lost his jaw, so was the others. Kyungsoo’s mother hels Kyungsoo’s hand as if she tried to make him believe her. “You have an identical twin brother.” She said. Then she diverted her gaze towards Kyungsoo’s father. “And yes, I hid him from you.”

Kai, Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo’s parents were inside Kyungsoo’s room. The situation became tenser after Kyungsoo’s mother revealed that Kyungsoo had a twin brother.

“Kyungsoo has to know the truth about his true family, Do Jaehyun.” Kyungsoo’s mother said. Kyungsoo confused. He had no idea about what his parents talked about. “Jaehyun is not your father, Kyungsoo-yah.”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes.”What kind of joke is this?”

“Your father and I were together, but I left him to marry other guy. He was really upset about it and he insisted that the baby I carried was his. So, the day I gave birth to you and your brother I told the doctor to hide the other baby because I heard that Jaehyun was going to take my baby with him, but the baby I hid was taken away. My husband and I tried to get you back, but we fought against the heir of Do Group. We almost lost everything we have, so we started to give up. If we kept fighting for you, we’ll lose your brother. After we heard that Jaehyun took care of you very well, we finally give up. I’m sorry to give up on you. He raises you well…”

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip, tried his best to not cry. He never expects that his father separated him from his family and tried to hide the truth about himself. Kai couldn’t say anything. He shocked to hear all the truth about his beloved one. Kyungsoo stared at Kai, something bothered him, but Kai assured him that this isn’t something that he shouldn’t worry. “There’s nothing to worry. It was in the past, you just have to face the future, baby.” Kai his hand gently.

“I have no future, Jongin-ah.”

Kai shook his head and held him tight. “I’ll be by your side ‘till that damn grim reaper separates us!”

“No, you go.”

Kai frowned. “Kyungsoo…”

“You hear that? I have twin brother that has same face with me, just go get him. He still has future.”

“Honey, what are you saying?” His mother asked Kyungsoo. “The best cure for this is surrounded by people you love. They give you strength to face any possibilities that could happen.”

“I don’t want to hurt Kai, mom.”

Kai held Kyungsoo’s hand tight. “You’re not hurting anyone, not even me. Let me by your side Kyungsoo. That’s the only thing I could do for you.”

 

“Mom, why are you here? And who’s that man?”

 

Kyungsoo’s mother diverted her gaze towards the doorway. A man in all white clothes took off his shades and stared at his mother.

“Dio-ya…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi~ thank you for reading and... sorry for grammatical errors and typos :D
Have a great day^^