Baby Don't Go.

Days and Nights

 “Does Chen have allergy on something? No? It’s just he got so many red spots in his neck. Ah… mosquito bites? All right then, thanks Kris ppali come here.”

Kai hung up the phone, approached Chen with another slice of toast. Kai could get along very well with kids, but he always felt awkward around Chen. “Why you didn’t go to hospital and play with your hyung last night?”

“Why? Ahjussi wants me to leave?”

Kai gulped. He tried to distracted Chen’s attention. "Come on! Just answer it!"

“Keunyang….”

“Ok, finish your breakfast.” Kai cut Chen’s words immediately. Chen pouted at him and ate his toast in one bite. Kai widened his eyes at Chen, but Chen looked away. “Your face resembles your mother, but you’re more like your father.”

“But hyung loves appa more.”

“How about you? You dislike your appa?”

“I love appa and eomma.”

“But appa play with Chanyeol hyung more.”

“I just… try to understand hyung.”

Kai was just played around with Chen when he remembered the person who told him the same thing as Chen. I just try to understand hyung. Those words were like the record that kept playing in his mind, then he realized that the person who said those words to him was the best for Luhan. He stared at the couch where Luhan slept. Luhan awoke, rubbed his eyes and stared at Kai and Chen at the dining table. “Good morning.” He greeted them between his yawn. Kai took a very deep breath before he greeted Luhan back. “Good morning.”

“You haven’t prepared anything?”

“Prepare what?”

“You’ll go to hospital right?”

“No, Kris told me that Kyungsoo’s father came this morning. I think I’ll go there by lunch time.” Kai said as he drunk his milk in oneshot. “Chen, drink your milk or…”

“Or what ahjussi?”

“You’ll not as tall as your appa.”

Chen grinned. “Shireo!”

Luhan approached them still with bed head and bloated face. “Chen hates milk. He only drinks soy milk.”

“What’s the different with milk from cow and bean???”

“Chen knows what’s good for his diet.” Luhan stretched his body as he walked to the bathroom. 

“Diet? But you’re just 4!”

 

“We’re home!”

 

Chen ran towards his father as soon as he heard Kris’ voice. “Appa!!”

Kris greeted his little boy and let Chen sat on his shoulders. “Hey little boy! How was your sleep? Did you have a nice dream?”

Chen nodded and hugged Kris tightly.

 

 

“You stay with hyung here okay, appa have to go somewhere.”

“No. I’ll go with appa. But where will we go?”

“Your mom called me to take the next plane to Jeju. She was hospitalized last night.”

“Waeyo?”

“It looks like you’ll have a dongsaeng.”

Chen got down from Kris’ shoulder and jumped happily with Chanyeol. Kris scratched his head and blushed when he found Kai was smiling at him. “Why it’s so warm to see you with kids?” Kai asked him. “I never know that you are this charming.”

“Yah! I always this charming!” Kris grunted. Kai laughed and hugged Kris. “I thought you don’t like girls.” Kai whispered.

“I’ve told her this. I told her that I thought I’m Bi.”

“What did she said?”

“…’Another baby?’ Hahaha!”

Kris and Kai laughed. Luhan walked outside the bathroom, had no idea on what was going on. He smiled towards Kris, and then approached the kids. “Kids, let’s go somewhere fun!”

The kids shook their heads in instant. “No,”

“Why??”

“We’ll go to Jeju with appa!”

“I thought you’ll stay here.” Luhan said as he gazed at Kris. Before Kris sad anything, Kai interrupted. “His wife got morning sickness.”

Kris and Luhan eyes met. “Chukhanda!”

“Gomapta, and Kids, you guys stay here with Kai and Luhan ahjussi.”

“Araseoyo…” kids pouted, but then they start jumping on the couch.

“Aigo~ let’s get ready. Luhan, come with me. Let’s go somewhere fun!”

"Where?"

"Errr... Hospital?"

 

“Good morning son.”

“Uh, morning dad…” He said weakly. “Where is Kris?”

“I told him to go home because I have to tell you something important son.”

“Something important?”

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at his father. He knew that something wrong happened when his father talked to him in a serious tone. The last time he heard his father talked to him in that tone was when he told Kyungsoo that he needed chemotherapy, and it was two years ago.

“I did tell you to not ask about your mom or anything that relate to her,” his father said. Kyungsooa bit shocked when his father came with topic about his mother. Kyungsoo and His father never contact Kyungsoo’s mom since their parents divorced when Kyungsoo still a baby. His father separation left his father wound that couldn’t heal. Kyungsoo once asked his father about his mother, but his father never give him answer he wanted.

“I don’t want you to meet your mother, but I think it’s the best time for you to meet her.”

 

His room door opened, as a woman in wheelchair made her entrance. Kyungsoo diverted his gaze at the woman. He held his father’s hand tightly to make him less nervous. A beautiful woman smiled at him with her teary eyes. She approached Kyungsoo and his hair slowly. “My son…”

“Eomma…”

Kyungsoo and his mother cried in happiness at their first meet after almost thirty years. Kyungsoo’s father moved away. He tried to not disturb his son and his ex wife’s reunion.

“I thought I’ll never see you, son…” his mother said. “You were a baby the last time I saw you.”

Kyungsoo tried to hold back his tears. For the first time in twenty nine years he called someone with ‘mother.’ He thought he never able to meet his mother, but he finally met his own mother. “I finally can call you mom… I have a mother!”

“Yes you are son! You have a mother sweetheart.” She said as she stood up and hugged his son. “You give me strength to stand. You are miracle son…”

“Mom, are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked her between his sobs. He had no strength, but he managed to help his mother sat on his bed. His mother was pale and seemed weak. His mother smiled at him and his cheek gently. “I’m sorry son… for giving you such bad gen.” she said. “I also had a cancer…”

 

Kai sat on a bench with a glass of his favorite frappucino, enjoying the heat of summer time. Last year he had Kyungsoo with him to spend the whole summer in Busan, but now he’s with Luhan all summer.  He had to deal with the awkwardness between them after Kyungsoo caught them drunk soju together and kissed one another accidentally.

 

“I never know summer in this country would be this hot.”

 

A man sat beside Kai with a glass of a bubble tea. He definitely not Luhan. Luhan was with kids and his date, bought bubble tea together. Kai stared at the man beside him; he was in all white clothes and wore shade. “Yeah, it’s damn hot in summer and freezing in winter.”

“But it’s better than stay forever in Jeju-do.” He said.

“You are from Jeju-do?” Kai asked him. That man stood up and took of his shades, “Yeah.” He said as he smiled at Kai.

Kai dropped his frappucino from his hands after he saw the man’s face. He was like seeing a ghost wandering around him. Kai felt scared suddenly. He tried to chased the man, but that man was nowhere to find. Hi bit his lower lip, tried to calmed himself. “No… Kyungsoo… kajima…”

 

--------------------------------------

Ok, I write this chapter in a rush. sorry for grammar mistakes *bowbow*
Thank you for reading^^