Lunch and Supper

Days and Nights

“Treat me lunch.”

Kyungsoo was busy with his cooking book when Kai back to his seat. He stared at Kai with his two big eyes and back to his cooking book.

“Come on! You made me stood outside like an idiot.”

Kyungsoo closed his cooking book, annoyed by how Kai disturbed his quality time with his new book. “Later.” He said as he got up from his seat. “Kris, let’s go.”

Kai dropped his Jaw. Luhan sent Kris glare. Kris felt uneasy with the situation. However Kyungsoo insisted. He knew Kai like Kyungsoo, and how hard to get Luhan forgiveness. He got to choose.

 

“Kyungsoo wants to meet Junmyeon sonsaengnim. He wants to join cooking club.”

 

Kris knew that Kyungsoo told him to not telling anyone about cooking club, but he didn’t want to make Luhan misunderstood like how he misunderstood his bromance with Kai. Kris met Luhan on the internet when they were in the 9th grade. They were just chatting buddy at first, but since Kris confessed that he was gay, Luhan become more open about how he felt about Kris. Kris was a captain of basketball team in Guangzhao before he moved to Canada. Luhan once saw Kris during a match against Luhan’s school team. He fell for Kris at first sight, but the next day he heard from school basketball team’s captain that yesterday was Kris’ last game. Luhan managed to contact Kris, and kept in touch with him. Their first date was on Christmas Eve when Kris back to Guangzhou, and got their first kiss under mistletoe.

 

Kris met Kai on their first day at school. Even though they knew that both prefer boys over girls, they never once had thought on dating each other. Kai knew Kris dated someone in China, but as Luhan’s arrival, Kai had to share his one and only friend with Luhan. A lot of girls and some boys approached Kai, but Kai had no interest at them. There’s only one person in his school that kept chasing after him, Junmyeon Sonsaengnim.

 

“Junmyeon Sonsangnim??!!”

 

Kai raised his eyebrows at Kyungsoo. Junmyeon had been his worst nightmare even since his first day at school. Kai would escape whenever he heard Junmyeon sonsaengnim’s voice. “Don’t go, or he will make you suffer they way he makes me suffer like this!” He assured Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo scanned him from head to toe. “Like this? You seem fine.”

“Junmyeon love teasing Kai.” Luhan explained. “He likes Kai, but Kai plays hard to get.”

Kyungsoo responded with just a short ‘Oh’ before he pulled Kris by his wrist and made Luhan grabbed Kai by his collar. “YOU DO SOMETHING!!”

 

Kyungsoo and Kris walked towards the teacher room, side by side as if they already could bear awkwardness with each other.

“Junmyeon hyung is my cousin. And that Kai-ssi must be the guy he talked about.”

Kris stopped his steps. Kyungsoo turned around and found Kris lost his jaw. “What? He likes girl. He keeps teasing Kai-ssi because he finds it fun when Kai-ssi thinks he is gay.” Kyungsoo said as he pushed his jaw back to its place.

Kris froze. All things he wished that Luhan didn’t see what Kyungsoo did. Too bad, Luhan followed him with Kai.

 

“Kris we need to talk.”

 

Kris hit his head to the wall few times before he turned around and faced Luhan. Kyungsoo tapped Kris shoulder, telling him to lower his body. “You got to be careful on facing a jealous boyfriend like that.” Kyungsoo whispered. Kris stared at him, shocked. Kyungsoo laughed and tapped his new friend as if he told Kris to be strong. “You got to be careful next time.”

Kyungsoo turned his gaze at Kai. “It looks like they have to solve something. Mind to take me to Junmyeon sonsaengnim?”

Kai gulped. As Luhan dragged Kris out of the corridor, Kyungsoo smiled at Kai who showed his fear on his cousin. He approached him and held his wrist. “Believe me, he likes girl.”

Kai was hypnotized. He leaded Kyungsoo to the cooking club room as if he lost his fear of Junmyeon sonsaengnim who always touched his every time they met.

They walked inside the cooking club room, but found no one. There was a not on the board,

 

‘I had to go somewhere, but welcome to cooking club cousin! Long time no see!’

 

“YOU ARE…”

“I’m his cousin.” Kyungsoo smiled. Kai felt his heart skipped a beat. His face blushed in pink. Kyungsoo laughed at him, then walked towards the kitchen in that room and looked around to see if there was something that he could cook. He found ramyeon and some more ingredients. “I’ll treat you lunch.”

Kyungsoo took apron and started to cook the ramyeon. Kai watched him as if he was watching a cooking show. Kai was only curious about Kyungsoo, but the more he curious about him, the more he realize that Kyungsoo already captured his heart.  

In thirty minutes Kyungsoo served the ramyeon in front of Kai. “I don’t know if this suits your taste.” Kyungsoo said as he gave Kai bowl and chopsticks.

“Kokjeongma, I eat everything well.” Kai smiled at Kyungsoo, “Jal meokgessseumnida.”

 

“Jal meokgessseumnida.”

Kai ate the ramyeon that Luhan made for him. Luhan knew that Kai never ate ramyeon since he found out Kyungsoo’s illness. He followed Kyungsoo’s diet because Kyungsoo was the only one who knew how to cook. No one even Kyungsoo tried to rely on Kai’s cooking skill. Kai normally would get his breakfast on bed, served by Kyungsoo. Kai quit eating Korean foods for breakfast since he decided to live with Kyungsoo. A glass of milk and toasts with strawberry jam, he loved those.

 “Eat slowly, Jongin-ah.”

Kai nodded. “Ye, araso.” He said as he grinned at Luhan. Luhan couldn’t hide his worry of him. Kai noticed anxious in Luhan’s eyes, so he took Luhan’s hand and held it tight. “I’ll be fine.”

“I’m afraid that I’m going to lose both of… you…” 

Kai understood that Luhan afraid if he would commit suicide, but Kai had prepared for the worst. “I’ll be fine, don’t worry. Kyungsoo and I have talked about this thing million times.” Kai said as he looked outside the window. He ate his ramyeon while looking at the skyscrapers outside his apartment window. “I’ve promised him that I wouldn’t commit suicide. I’ll live well; chase my dream as a dancer or be a dancing instructor perhaps.But I never expect our relationship will have a sad ending like his favorite drama, for real.”

Luhan nodded, he looked outside the window, crossed his legs as he took a sip of soju. “Just like when I broke up with Kris.”

_________________________

 

That's the 2nd chapter~
thanks for reading ^^
I'm sorry for grammatical errors and typos. It's just editing isn't my favorite thing to do.