Bad Guy

Days and Nights

 “Mom! What kind of Joke is this?!” Dio asked his mother. “Dad told you to not meet that bastard again, why are you here?!”

Kyungsoo gulped as Dio pointed his finger at Kyungsoo’s father. Dio approached his mother and forced her to sit on her wheelchair. “Honey, but it’s your brother… you finally meet him, sweetheart.”

Dio smirked. “No, mother. I don’t have brother.”

“Dio…”

Kyungsoo shocked to hear that. He stared at Kai who acted as if he saw a ghost. “Wait, why you deny me as your brother?”

A nurse walked inside the room and helped Kyungsoo mother back to her room. Dio waited until his mother left the room. He turned back, stared at the man who stood in at the corner. He slowly walked towards the couch and took a sip of his bubble tea. “I have bad memories about you.” He said as he placed his bubble tea on the table. “Even someone-you-call-father was behind all those s, I still blame you for making my childhood days the worst time of my life.” He said as he crossed his hands, glazed at Kyungsoo.

“I know nothing! I was separated from you, you know that!” Kyungsoo raise his voice. Kai tried to calm him down, but he couldn’t.

Dio diverted his gaze at Kyungsoo’s father. “Because you have power, and money, you could do anything. You starved my family until my father dead because we have no money to bring him to hospital. Mom had to work really hard to feed me. I grow up in a harsh world, but you Kyungsoo, you live in lap of luxury even when you are near your death.” He laughed. Kai tried to hold back all his anger, but then Dio smirked at Kai. “You know nothing about pain that I had through.” He paused. “Yes, I have mother who hug me tight at night, but her heart was missing the other child. She never focuses on me whenever she sees me. She always thinks of you, feels sorry because she never able gives you love as a mother. She never sees me as Dio, she sees me as Kyungsoo.”

“You,” Dio smirked at Kyungsoo’s father. “You worry of you company, right?” he asked. “I’m the one who will starve you now. I take over your business,” he said as he stared at his watch. “Almost fifteen minutes ago.”

“You… so that bastard is you?!!” Kyungsoo’s father widened his eyes at Dio. Dio nodded. Dio saw Kyungsoo’s father was unable to do things he wanted because Dio has similar face to Kyungsoo. “Thank you,” Dio smiled at Kyungsoo. “Your father cannot punch me on face because I am… you.” He laughed.

“You leave this room now!!” Kai yelled at him.

“No, I still have a lot to say to your beloved boy friend.” Dio smirked. Kai dragged him outside Kyungsoo’s room and entered emergency stair to talk to Dio. “HE IS YOUR BROTHER!!”

“But I do not accept him as my brother.” Dio crossed his hands.

“Who cares?” Kai asked him. “Kyungsoo is warm hearted person, please don’t hurt him. I beg you if that something you want.”

Dio shook his head. “No, that’s not the thing that I want.” He said. “I want you because you belong to him.”

Kai lost his jaw when he heard it. He wanted to punch him on face, but he couldn’t. “Why you not try to make him happy at his last days?”

“I want him to feel the pain I felt because of him.”

“That wasn’t his fault you damn idiot!” Kai glared at him, but his eyes soften every time he saw Dio’s big eyes. “God! Why you have to be like this?!” He yelled, but then he pulled Dio into his arms. Hugged him tight as if he was hugging Kyungsoo. “Sorry, but you and Kyungsoo are damn look alike!” he said as he released his hands from Dio’s body. Dio frowned at Kai. “I said sorry, okay?! I can’t help but do that! Blame your damn face!”

Dio laughed at Kai. He laughed really hard until his eyes teary. “I thought it would be hard to get you.”

“Eh?”

“What if I told your lover that you hug me tight here?”

“You wouldn’t dare to do that!”

Dio smirked. “I hate him, I can do anything.”

“You want your mom know your plan??” Kai smirked back.

Dio laughed. “You know how to play.” He said. “I like it.”

 

Kai stared outside the window. He had mixed feelings about seeing Kyungsoo’s brother. He knew it was wrong to hug him like that, but his feeling seeing a healthy man who looks like Kyungsoo brought him happiness that he couldn’t ever imagine. He wanted Kyungsoo to be as healthy as Dio. He wish Kyungsoo was the one he hugged at the emergency stair.

“Something bother you?”

Kai nodded as Kris tapped his shoulder. “Is it about Kyungsoo’s brother?”

Kai nodded.

“What happened?”

“I hugged that Dio dude.” Kai snorted. “All I think about that he was Kyungsoo. A man who looks like him stood in front of me, healthy and handsome. I thought I lost my mind at that time. I hugged the man who wants my Kyungsoo suffers.”

“Keep in mind that Kyungsoo and Dio are different person. You cannot hurt Kyungsoo during his last weeks.” Kris reminded him.

“It’s really hard Kris.” Kai said. “It’s like you are your wife have twin sister and you sleep with her sister.”

“Do they really look alike?”

“When I hugged Dio, he perfectly fit my hug. His height, his body, just the same as Kyungsoo two years ago.”

 

“Kyungsoo called me.”

 

Kris’ wife walked towards them and stood beside the men. “He wanted to leave his room tomorrow.”

Kai shook his head. “No, I will not risk his life. I have to keep him safe, give him a longer time to be around people he loves.”

“Are you sure that’s what he wants?” She asked Kai. Kris and Kai frowned at her. “Remember when my father asked me to back home when we’re on our honeymoon just to go with him to Jeju-do?” she asked Kris. Kris nodded. “Turns out that was his last wish. Dad felt relieved that we granted his last wishes. He died in his sleep, and I still remember he was smiling when Doctor announced his death.”

“You didn’t cry when your father dead…” Kris said.

“I asked him what are his wishes, and we granted all his wishes. It’s all about Dad, and what he wanted. Dad was happy with all we did for him. He told me that nothing could change his fate, not even all the machines and medicines that kept him alive. I was really close to my father, you know that Kris. ”

“You don’t understand what I feel; I love him more than I could tell you, Gaeun!”Kai tried to control his voice so that the kids wouldn’t awake.

“Kyungsoo was the one that listen to my entire sadness that even tears couldn’t express how sad I was. He wasn’t there when my father died, but he called me, told me to be strong. And tonight he called me, asked me to tell Jongin to do the same thing as I do before my father died.” Gaeun explained. “I know exactly you love him, Kai.”

“What do you know about love? All you do is scarifying your life to live with someone who probably never loves you. You know nothing but making babies.”

“YOU!”

Kris raised his fist at Kai, but Gaeun held his hand tight. “No, he’s true about it.” Gaeun whispered. Kris eyes widened. “Just listen to me, okay?”

“Maybe this is the right time for me to tell Kris, and you about what exactly I feel about all the things between us.” Gaeun said. She held Kris’ hands tight. “I’ve been dishonest with you Kris. I did tell you I’m fine with your orientation, but I actually cannot, I mean I don’t accept your gayness. I tried because we have the same things we want; we want a family. As time goes by, I realize that I really need you. We agree to just be friend, but I cannot Kris. I will never allow man that I not trust and love to pregnate me, I told my late father about it. My father told me to get along with you first, study you first, and decide whether I could let you pregnate me or not. ”

“God, you love Kris…” Kai muttered.

Gaeun nodded. “Now I let you decide, you can stay and forgive me for lying to you all this time. I don’t mind if you want to leave me. You still can meet the kids whenever you want. I just want you to know this. I don’t want to lie to you anymore. And yes, I love you. I’m sorry for that.”

“Why you lied to me?” His voice was cold. Kai stepped back; he didn’t want to disturb Kris and Gaeun.

“I lied to you because I afraid to lose you if I told you the truth... but I realize that the more I hide anything from you, the more I afraid of losing you. Now I don’t want to tell you another lie, no more.”

“You think you can use your baby bump to make me stay?” He asked Gaeun in sharp voice. Gaeun shook her head. “No, I told you this because Kai asked me what I know about love. I’m ashamed because all I know about love are lies.”

Kris gazed. “If that what you want, then I’ll leave.”

“I don’t want you to leave, I want you to stay and forgive me. I don’t want my kids ask me where the hell their father is.” Gaeun explained. “How can I see the person that I love leave me? Maybe all we need is time to think. I’m ashamed; I don’t want you to see me for the time being.”

Gaeun said as she took keys from the coffee table. “You know where to find me, right?” she asked Kris. Kris nodded, didn’t have thought on stopping her.

“Be careful.”