Chapter 4

Skate again for me

“Kyuhyun-ssi.. are you a guy?” Sungmin asked him as soon as they entered the room. Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin in fear. “I... I…How.. How did you know Sungmin?” Kyuhyun stammered nervously. Sungmin turned around and stared into his eyes. “I just knew...” She smiled and walked over to sit down on her bed, she patted on the bed lightly gesturing Kyuhyun to come over. Kyuhyun walked over and sat down.
 
 
 So close to her.. I must be the luckiest guy on earth… Wait now’s not the time to think about such things.Kyuhyun thought to himself
 
 
“I… I’m sorry Sungmin-ssi for keeping it from you.” Kyuhyun stuttered as he turned to look at her. “It’s ok.” Sungmin smiled and lay back down onto her bed. “I’m sure you already know the reason why I left skating a few months ago. I thought that you should be the first person I tell this to. I agreed to do the special performance at the end of the carnival.”
 
“Really, You will!?” Kyuhyun asked in shock, as he watched her nod her head. “Heechul omma told me that no matter how badly I do, she will still support me. I think I have escaped long enough; it’s about time for me to stand on my feet and put my courage in.” She sat up and threw her arms around Kyuhyun from the back, causing him to stiffen. “And, I want you to be there when I perform.. I will become the Ice Skating Princess again.” Kyuhyun turned around to look at her and he smiled, as he saw the pretty smile that he had always yearned to see.
 
 
“I will always be there for you.”
 
 
 
-The start of the festival-
 
 
 
“Welcome everyone to SM girl’s annual inter-dorm competition.” The vice principal announced through the PA system as Sungmin practiced for the special performance.
 
“Oh no.. What if I can’t skate as good as I was again? What if I’m not the Ice Skating Princess that people know? What if…” Sungmin kept mumbling to herself as she practiced.
 
“Well well, look who’s here. The Ice Skating Princess is back? Or should I say, Coward Princess? Can’t believe a fall can make you stop for so long. Why don’t you don’t you stop skating for good instead? Hah!” Seohyun mocked at Sungmin.
 
“YAH! WHO ARE YOU TO TALK TO SUNGMIN THIS WAY?” Kyuhyun shouted back.
 
“Oh hi new student, I was just stating the fact.” With that, she sauntered off.
 
“Sungmin! Are you okay? Ignore her, you can do this! I will always support you!” Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around her.
 
“Kyu.. Actually… I’m still scared… What if I don’t meet the expectations of others? I don’t want to let everyone down.” Sungmin cuddled into Kyuhyun’s embrace in fear.
 
“Don’t be Min, you can do it!” Kyuhyun says as he pats Sungmin’s back lightly, she nods and pulls away from him.
 
Kyuhyun walks back to the radio and turns the music on, watching Sungmin doing her starting stance.
 
Sungmin closed her eyes calming herself down and listening to the soft melody. She lets herself to follow the flow of the song swirling around together with the melody. She twirls and relaxes herself before jumping off the ground doing a mini tumble, landing perfectly for the first time in the last few months. Sungmin opened her eyes as she hears clapping from behind her as she ended.


“Well done Minnie!” Donghae, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Yesung and Ryeowook were there applauding for her. Sungmin smiled at them and asked if it was her turn for the race. They nodded and she hurriedly left with them.
 
 “Kyuhyun! Can I have a word with you?” Yesung stopped Kyuhyun before he left. Kyuhyun waited with Yesung until everyone else left, before they started talking.

 

“Kyuhyun! Can I have a word with you?” Yesung stopped Kyuhyun before he left. Kyuhyun waited with Yesung until everyone else left, before they started talking.
 
“Kyuhyun. I need you to protect Sungmin no matter what happens. End of this year will be the world biggest skating competition, it is very important! Please take care of her!” Yesung says as he does a 90 degree bow. Kyuhyun panicked as he pulled Yesung to straighten up. “I will, don’t worry.” Yesung smiled at that statement and straighten up.
 
“Thank you, we should get going, Kyuhyun-ah. The basketball segment is after the dance.” Yesung informed Kyuhyun before they left for the indoor sports hall where the dance competition was held at.
 
 
“First to start off, let us invite our second dorm dance group forward.” The emcee announced into the microphone as Kyuhyun and Yesung entered the sports hall moving to the front spectator’s seat. Loud cheers and applause was heard as the group stepped out from back.
 
“I heard that this year Sungmin is taking part in the dance segment and martial arts segment.”
“Is she? I heard her injury hasn’t recovered fully. Will she be ok?”
“Oh! I heard this year’s special performance is skating.”
“Is she taking part in it?”
 
Kyuhyun couldn’t take it anymore, he turned around and looked at those girls. “Can you girls keep quite?” He turned around in anger and looked at the dance that the dorm two people were doing. There were 9 girls on the stage performing in sync with each other, the music was blasting and Kyuhyun couldn’t help but to roll his eyes at their ridiculous dance moves.
 
When it has finally came to an end, it was finally the dorm one turn to perform. Kyuhyun sat up straight as he kept a look out for Sungmin.
 
“Sungmin-ah are you ready?” Eunhyuk asked Sungmin as they prepared to leave the back stage. Donghae and Ryeowook wrapped their arms around Sungmin and Eunhyuk pulling them into a supportive hug before their turn. “Let’s go girls!” Leeteuk said as she came in to announce that it was their turn.
 
Sungmin smiled as she felt faith arising in her heart, knowing that the team had practiced for this dance for such a long time and that they had to do well. As they walked onto the stage, Sungmin’s eyes gazed around; as she spotted the person she wanted to see she smiled again and got into her position.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun cheered loudly as their dorm dance group came out from back stage. It was finally his dorm’s turn to show their dance. He squinted his eyes looking for the one he would lay his eyes on and true enough. There she was staring back at him. He smiled to himself and straightened his back anticipating the dance that was starting.
 
It first started with Eunhyuk moving to the front doing a split and a slight ballet. It then came to Sungmin’s turn to do a little twirl on the floor and reaches out for Eunhyuk. As soon as she reached out for Eunhyuk, she does a back slide. Next it was Donghae’s turn to do a split and a twirl and a back slide with Sungmin. Lastly it was Ryeowook’s turn as she does ballet, a twirl and a back slide and the real dance started.
 
They danced gracefully to the music of step it up and their precise movements earned loud applause and cheers. They ended the dance with a bow and moved down the stage to where the other dorm was standing at.
 
“It’s finally time to announce the winners of the dance competition. ARE YOU REAAADDDY??? “ The emcee, apparently Heechul screamed into the microphone as the cheers get louder.
 
“The winner of the dance competition is……….. DORM ONE with 40 points and dorm two with 35 points! CONGRATULATIONS!” She screamed into the microphone again.
 
The girls wrapped their arms around each other and jumped around happily, the rest of their dorm mates ran down to join the hug. “Aren’t you going to join them?” Yesung turned to ask Kyuhyun. “It’s about to be my turn, hyung, I’ll go prepare first.” Kyuhyun says as he stood up.
 
“Take care, kyuhyunnie.”
 
Kyuhyun walked slowly over to the changing room to pick up his sportswear when suddenly someone covered his eyes.
 
“Guess who.” A sweet gentle voice came from behind him. Kyuhyun smiled as he recognized the owner of that voice. “Sungmin I know it’s you.” He hears a soft giggle and soon the hands were removed. “No fair.” Sungmin pouts cutely but smiles after that.
 
“Congratulations on your win, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun says as Sungmin jumps to his side and they walk to the changing room together. “Thank you kyuhyun-ah, it’s your turn to do our dorm proud.” Sungmin said happily. “I won’t let you down.” He replied her as he grabs his clothes from the locker.
 
“Kyuhyun-ah can you do me a favor?” Sungmin suddenly called out. Kyuhyun turned around and looked at her. “Sure what is it?”
 
 
 
 
-TBC-
 
A.N: Updated :D hope it’s not a disappointment D: IK it’s short >