Chapter 3

Skate again for me


♥ミ



“Who is that?” Kyuhyun asked Donghae. “That is Heechul, dorm head mistress of Dorm 2 the beauty dorm.” Donghae replied as she watched Heechul and Sungmin talk animatedly. “You mean they are not enemies?” Donghae turned her attention back to Kyuhyun and smiled. “They used to be. Until Minniemin made them get together.” Kyuhyun turned to look at Sungmin, “She’s such a wonderful girl, ain’t she.” Ryeowook said suddenly. “She definitely is....” They all quieten down when they heard Heenim giving a fake cough, all of them turned their attention to her.

“As Leeteuk onnie was saying.. This year’s annual inter-dorm competition will be the same as last year. There would be sports activities, talent competition and beauty competition and cos-playing. If there were to be a draw, each dorm would prepare a special performance and the final result would be determined by that.” Heenim briefed the people, she stopped talking and Leeteuk continued for her. “As you all know last year Dorm 2 won during the special performance. So this year we will all do our best ok?” 

“OK!!” Everyone else replied. Heechul smirked and walked away pulling Sungmin with her. When they were far away from the rest of the dorm members, Heechul sat Sungmin down on a park-bench. “Will you be doing the special performance this year?” Sungmin looked at Heechul, confused. “What do you mean heechul omma..?” “Yesung said you were going to start skating again.” Sungmin’s eyes widen and she couldn’t believe that Heenim already knew. “I don’t know omma… I don’t even know if I still have the confidence to skate again..” 

Heechul wraps her arms around Sungmin, hugging and patting on her head. “Baby min ah, I’m sure you will get your confidence back... We are all here behind you cheering you on.” Sungmin hugged her back and nodded slowly. 


♥ミ


The music plays softly in background, Sungmin skate slowly onto the ring and twirled around slowly. She tries to look as graceful as she could, she skated around the ring bending her body to the back slowly and twirled. “AH!” She felt her fear overwhelming her again as she landed on her on the freezing cold floor. The music immediately stopped and she saw Kyuhyun struggling to move over to her. 

“Sungmin.. Are you ok?” Kyuhyun asked with concern full in his eyes. Sungmin looked up at him, tears threatening to pour out from her fox-like eyes. She shook her head slowly and looked down at her ankles. Kyuhyun leaned down and gave her a hug, encouraging her at the same time. “Sungmin, I’m sure you can do it! I’ll be cheering you on! Don’t give up ok?” Sungmin nodded slowly and pushed herself off the ground.

Just then, the door to the skating hall opened and a girl walked in. “LEE SUNGMIN!” Sungmin turned her head to look at who it was when she saw Yoona, her childhood friend who was also a ice-skater. She stepped down onto the first bench of the hall and pointed her finger at her. 

“I just happened to walk pass the skating hall when I heard some music coming from inside here. So I figured you must be inside her.” “Don’t think that you can use your injured ankle as an excuse to not skate as well as you used to. I don’t want a weakling as my opponent in the monthly skating competition, even if we used to be childhood friends.” Kyuhyun just stared at her, while Sungmin just kept her cold expression. 

“You don’t have to worry about me, I am very much better then you. I will show it to you in this month’s competition!” Yoona smirked and nodded before approaching the door to the hall. “I will see you in 3 weeks’ time, if by then you are not back to your previous standard. I will crush you, Lee Sungmin.” And she left the hall. Shortly after she left, Yesung stuck his head in and walked in. 

“Was that the stuck up ?” He asked before coming down the stairs. Sungmin just stayed silent and gestured Kyuhyun away, telling him to turn the music on. Kyuhyun walked over and Sungmin got into the usual starting stance. Kyuhyun could see the seriousness in her eyes as she skated gracefully on the ring. It was as though the threat Yoona gave made her want to work harder and prove her wrong. 



♥ミ


That night, the 1st dorm had another dorm meeting. “Those who want to join the following events please come forward and sign your names on.” Leeteuk said as she placed the piece of paper on the table. Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin and whispered into her ear. “Have you decided on what to take part in?” Sungmin looks at him blankly as though trying to think if she should participate in any of the events. “Maybe the talent competition and the 400m relay.”

Kyuhyun looked at her in bewilderment. “Will you take up skating? Or dancing or singing?” Sungmin stared at him blankly. “Dancing and martial arts, what about you?” Kyuhyun thought for a while before answering her. “Maybe the 400m relay and basketball.” Sungmin smiled and pulled Kyuhyun over to the table where Leeteuk had placed the paper on. 

“I never knew you knew martial arts.” Kyuhyun said as they walked back to their dorm. “Since young, Yesung oppa forced me to learn. He said it was to protect me from thugs, that is why some of my ice-skating moves includes martial arts in it.” Kyuhyun nods slowly and unlocks the room door. 

“Kyuhyun-ssi.. are you a guy?” Sungmin asked him as soon as they entered the room. 





-TBC-



A.N:Soryy for very late update D: Do comment ok? XD Show me your love even if it is horrible /sniffs. LoL thanks for reading! ^^ love you all (: