Courtyard

My Friend, the Flower Boy

As I walked outside to join my friends, I checked out the crowd of girls hanging by the door. Surely, they were waiting for me. Why wouldn't they be?

For one, my name is Choi Junhong, a.k.a Zelo. I am the schools "Flower Boy", basically meaning I'm pretty ((which isn't very far from the truth. Some might even call it an understatement)). The best part? I'm part of the popular rookie group BAP, so I have quite the fanbase.

"Zelo! Noona loves you!"

"Does oppa have a girlfriend?!"

"You only have eyes for me, right?"

See what I mean?

I pears through the horde, making sure not to mess up my hair and uniform, and headed towards my group.

"Well if it isn't Mr. Popular." My best friend, No Minwoo, a member of Boyfriend, greeted me with a slap on the back.

Somebody laughed, "Don't hit my boyfriend." she teased. It was Krystal Jung, the school's resident mean girl. Her older sister was part of the Hallyu group, SNSD. She was in an idol group herself, f(x), but it wasn't as well known.

"How many times must I tell you, Krystal darling? I am not your boyfriend."

Jenny Kim, from SLEEPOVERSLEEPOVER, reached for my arm, "Correct. He's mine." I laughed while trying to maneuver my arm out of her iron grip, but it was no use. Eventually, I gave up and the four of us walked to the courtyard.

Once we reached our usual table, I was surrounded by girls once again.

Amongst the questions, I could hear Minwoo complain, "It's like they've forgotten that I'm famous too."

"Can some of you lovely ladies do me a favor? My friend over there is lonely because he isn't getting as much recognition."

A smug smile appeared on his face as the girls left me for him. Soon, they started shoving paper and pens in his face, asking for autographs, numbers, and a update on his relationship status.

"No! I'm done! I don't wanna be Minwoo anymore!" He exclaimed.

_____

(MIKYUNG)

I slowly walked towards the courtyard for lunch. I quickly noticed that at the bell, everyone rushed out to meet with their cliques and such. Everyone who was anyone belonged to a group. Nobody was as alone as I was.

Well....nobody except for one.

There was this girl leaning against the door, not looking up once at anyone walking past. She didn't look like she was waiting for somebody, so I made my way towards her.

"Hi!" I said. The girl kept her eyes glued to her sandwich.

"I'm new here." I spoke a little louder. Still no response.

I sighed, "At least tell me your name. Mine is Lee Mikyung."

"Ann Sarang." The girl finally answered, albeit very quietly. She didn't say anything after that that could have possibly hinted to her wanting my company, so I turned to leave.

"Wait no. Please stay."

I turned to see the girl, eyes wide and sad. If anything, she looked more alone and embarrassed than I did. I walked back over to the wall and sat down beside her.

"You said you were new, right?" She asked softly.

I nodded. "Wow, I'm surprised you lasted this long." she added.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that on my first day, I left during first period." she chuckled. I sighed, "Well, there were two people who almost made me give up on school period.

"Really? Who?"

I tonight for a second; I hadn't really gotten their names. "Um...well on of them was a girl. Soft Brown hair...long...and the other was a boy. Handsome, tall, short hair...Choi-"

"Junhong." Sarang finished. "Choi Junhong. The other one, the girl, was Krystal Jung."

I nodded understandingly, "You know them?"

"Who doesn't?"

I slowly raised my hand, causing Sarang to giggle. "They're part of a group called the Idol 4, or I-4. Krystal, Junhong, or Zelo, Minwoo, and Dani are all part of an idol group. I don't really get the hype about them, I mean, if their fans could see how they really acted..."

Her sentence trailed off as the I-4 walked past. I quickly recognized the two on the front, and assumed the last two were Minwoo and Dani. As if they heard us talkung, they stopped in front of us.

"Look. It's Fatty and the Poor. You guys make great friends." They all walked away, laughing and complementing Krystal on her 'clever' joke. I looked over at Sarang and, for the first time, I saw that she was slightly overweight. However, other than that, she was a very attractive girl.

"You know, you're pretty. You actually have a chance at being popular here. Why do you want to hang out with me?" Sarang asked, beating me to it.

I shrugged, "I was about to ask you the same."

She smiled, "Hey, why did they call you poor?"

"I'm from Sasang."

Her big eyes grew wider with amazement, "Really?! Are you," she lowered her voice, "part of a gang?"

"No!"

_____

(A/N)

I'm well aware that some of the idols used are probably no longer high school aged. I can honestly say: it's a story. Who cares? It's pretty boring,, imo. But if you like it, subscribe, upvote, comment, idc just show support. And if you do, I LOVE YOU!