Lee Jeong High School

My Friend, the Flower Boy

If I was of little importance in the streets of Seoul, I was basically nothing here.

It was almost like they gathered Korea's prettiest teens and put them in one place. I looked nowhere as gorgeous as they did; even the guys were beautiful. They seemed to notice that too, because as soon as I walked into the classroom, they looked up to stare. Great start.

_____

ZELO "Did you hear? We're going to have a new student?"

"Yeah, I heard she was from Sasang."

"Wait, how would someone from such area be able to come to a school like this?"

I slammed the book closed on my desk. Who could study in such a loud place? Instead, I leaned back in my chair to relax. Although, I couldn't've help but wonder: is what they're saying true?

My suspicions we're confirmed when I heard the door open. I looked up and quickly recognized her as the idiot girl who stood in the street the other night. It was weird, as she looked so raggedy that night. How'd she clean up so fast?

"Hello. My name is Lee Mikyung. Please treat me well." She bowed to the teacher, then the class.

I heard a scoff, "So pathetic." muttered my long time friend Krystal. If anyone could define perfect, yet arrogant, it would be her. Her comment earned a snicker from her two followers.

I smiled, "Sorry if everyone isn't as amazing as you." She smirked, returning her eyes to her textbook. The girl searched the room for an open seat, soon picking the one next to me.

"Hi." She whispered. Ignoring her, I figured that it was best to not get involved with a girl from a place.as bad as Sasang.

"I'm sorry, but what are you guys learning about?" she asked. I sighed, making it clear that I was irritated, before answering, "Parts of speech in the English language."

She didn't give up, "Wow. You people are very advanced. My mom never taught me anything like that." This was getting annoying, but I nodded, my attention never leaving my work.

Finally, she picked up her pencil and started writing down the notes on the board, leaving me alone. I watched out of the corner of my eye as Krystal waved her hand in front of her face, disgusted.

"Do you guys smell that?" She asked, "My goodness, don't they clean anything in the ghetto?" The girl next to me grew red with embarrassment as the bell rang.

I hastily grabbed my books and hurried out of the door.

"Are they always like this?" a small voice asked. "I mean, they didn't even try to get to know me."

"Why would they? We already know enough about you. Besides, why are you along me these questions? Go bother someone else."

She sighed, "Sorry. I just wanted to know why everyone has been so rude lately"

"Well, get used to it. Welcome to Lee Jeong High."