The Woods

A Wolf's Story

Back in the forest the "hunting" pack decided to check out the sight that Kris had saw earlier. While the boys were going to the school the scent of the Moon wolves were growing stronger. This was bad. Xiumin was too busy thinking to have noticed. But as soon as something caught Kris's nose he knew they were way too close. Kris tackled Xiumin and pinned him to the closest tree they could find. Xiumin looked up at Kris to see his reason why but soon had his question answered when he was welcomed by the horrible stench of death. Kris nudged Xiumin and looked up. Xiumin got the message and was the first to climb the tree then Kris. In a way this was better because they were able to move more freely in the tree tops and cover more area. The only down fall was that the tree's were leaking sap so the branches were slippery. Xiumin took the lead and watched the numbers of Moon wolves increased. Kris was shocked they weren't even to the lake and yet they have counted out about more then three generations of Moon wolves. The good thing was they knew their limits as to how far they could venture outside their territory. Kris and Xiumin stopped on one tree branch when they noticed a group of the wolves were surrounding a small group of wolves. It was their own kind the wolves couldn't be no older then their mid-teen years. That's when they saw for their own eyes the pack leader of them all. It was obvious something was going to happen. Something bad. Kris didn't want to have to witness the cruelty that was going to un fold but he had to. Xiumin simply just looked the other way he knew what was going to happen. He didn't want to have to see something like that again. Although they didn't want to witness it the sound that was coming from it was even worse. Xiumin stood up and without thinking decided to move forward. But because he was in such a rush he lost his grip on the next branch and ended up slipping. He fell straight down landing not even ten feet from them. This was extremely bad. Without even thinking Xiumin turned into his wolf form. This was his safest option. Kris jumped down and joined Xiumin. There was no point in hiding anymore. The only thing that was bothersome to Kris was how were they going to ward off so many Moon wolves on their own. Xiumin's power alone could take half of the wolves maybe more. Kris's power might not be as powerful as Xiumin but in this situation it could be useful. That's when they attacked. One -by-one they threw themselves at Kris and Xiumin. They tried their best to fight off as many as they could but they just seemed to be too many. It was like the more they fought off the more they kept coming. While they were fighting off the wolves Xiumin heard a yelp coming from behind him. Kris was hurt. 

 

"KRIS!!!"

 

Before Xiumin could ask him what happened he collapsed in front of him. Kris was back in his human form and vulnerable. Xiumin couldn't fight off the wolves and protect Kris at the same time. While still being in wolf form Xiumin turned around and picked Kris up in his mouth and retreated. There was nothing he could do it he had tried to stay. The Moon Wolves weren't going to let them get away so easily. Five Moon wolves were following behind Xiumin and fast. Two on each side and one behind him. With Kris in his mouth he couldn't use his power unless he went back to his human form. But the chances of him winning in that form were really low and it was a definite chance neither of them were going to survive. The only logical thing to do was to keep running. Xiumin realized he under estimated the wolves. He was losing strength quick but he needed to keep going or it would end here. But before he knew it the ground was suddenly soggy and slippery. Xiumin looked back to find that Luhan and Suho had come to help and had taken care of the wolves that were chasing them. Xiumin stopped running and turned around to thank them. But before he could get to them he almost collapsed if it wasn't for Luhan catching him he would have been just like Kris. The small group heard howling not to far behind them and knew that more wolves were coming. Suho picked up Kris and Luhan carried Xiumin back to the tree. Kris and Xiumin was badlly hurt but Kris more then Xiumin. Kris had three wounds on him. One big claw mark on his back, two deep scratches his arms and two scratches on his chest. In wolf form they didn't seem very deep but in his human form this was really bad. Xiumin got up and mustered up the strenght that he had and froze Kris's wounds to stop the bleeding. The only thing that Luhan and Suho could think of was going to Mama for help. The two of them climbed up top of the tree to a secluded area only they knew and entered the room to find Mama waiting for them. 

 

"Something happened?" - Mama

 

"Its Kris he's hurt...badly"- Luhan

 

"How did this happen?" - Mama

 

"We were out on patrol towards the eastern section of the woods when..." - Suho

 

"Those parts are forbidden for a reason. Who sent you on this patrol? For what reason?" - Mama

 

"It was my idea..."

 

Luhan and Suho were both shocked to see Xiumin behind them. They were shocked in general that with the wounds he had sustained to he was even still able to be mobile. Mama was worried but she wasn't pleased. She had forbid every and any Sun wolf from going to those parts of the woods for a reason. Although he was hurt Mama still wanted a reason why he would do this.

 

"You put the whole lot of you at risk do you understand that?" -Mama

 

"I didn't mean for things to get out of hand like this" - Xiumin

 

"We honestly went out on patrol because earlier when we were taking the young ones to the outside Kris had sensed what seemed to be the scent of a Moon wolf in our area" - Suho

 

"So that gave you the right for the four of you to go and patrol unauthorized areas!" - Mama

 

"It was for the safety of our future generations the kids still don't know much about Moon wolves and we want to keep it that way" - Luhan

 

"And look what that has done what do you think they will say when they see that two of the older members have been attacked and hurt you think this wont scare them" - Mama

 

The boys were silent. Mama was right sooner or later they would have to learn how to fight and defend themselves against predictors and hunt for food. Some of them were close to obtaining their wolf ablities.Their were a few that were on the advanced scale. The only problem was the uproar that was going to occur if they had only taken the advanced ones and trained them. Although they had been thinking about this for a long time what had to be done had to be done there was nothing they could do about it. 

 

"Mama I've been thinking..." - Suho

 

"About?" - Mama

 

"Taking the advanced pups and training them in our footsteps" - Suho

 

"Suho! Your not serious" - Luhan

 

"Hmm? That's actually a good idea each of you pick a wolf and you shall begin your training everyday when they get home. Who are you going to chose and choose carefully" - Mama

 

"Chen" - Xiumin

 

"Lay" - Suho

 

".....Sehun" - Luhan

 

"Then Kris will have Tao" - Mama

 

"NO!" -XiuSuHan 

 

"Why not" - annoyed Mama

 

"With all due respect Tao is like a son to Kris if something were to happen to him..." - Suho

 

"Is that not why you guys chose who you did?" - Mama

 

The three of them were silent. Once again Mama was right. They did pick who they did because they knew that they would be able to advance and protect the pack better but they also picked them because they had a special bond with them. They were very special to them.

 

"So then Mama what about Kris and Xiumin their injuries?" - Luhan

 

"Xiumin you stay here I'll get Kris you two go and fetch the children I think its time for them to come home" - Mama

 

They said nothing and with that left. Mama brought Kris up the tree on her own and treated both their wounds. Mama was indeed worried about their wounds more so Kris then Xiumin. It was happening again. But this time she was unsure that she would be able to fight them off like she did six hundred years ago. This was something she hoped she wouldn't have to involve them in but if she had to then she must. She just prayed it wouldn't end like it did.