Learning from Yoomi

Just A Replacement

 

You woke up at 7:00am. Stretching out your long limbs, you stifled a yawn and rolled on your bed. You opened your eyes slightly and sat up groggily. *It's morning already?* You got off from your bed and went to bathroom to wash up. 
 
Shortly after that, you went to your kitchen to grab some breakfast. You glanced at the annular clock in the living room and gasped. It was already 7.10am. You had to meet your sister at 8.00am. *Oh no! There's no time for me to cook breakfast!* You hurriedly grabbed a packet of chocolate milk from the refrigerator and drank while trying to prepare toast. 
 
After a quick and light breakfast, you ran into your room. You changed into an oversized Hello Kitty hoodie and a pair of denim shorts. Tying your hair into a messy bun, you applied light make up on your face. You grabbed your white purse on the table and rushed out of the house. 
 
----
 
You had arrived at Myungdong. You stared at the address that Yoomi texted you. *According to unnie, the practice room should be around 15 mins walk from the subway station.* You glanced at your wrist watch and sighed. *Damn! I think I'm going to be late!* You quickly manoeuvred yourself away from the morning crowd. Following the directions from your phone, you arrived at a small street. *This should be the place!* You thought happily as you knocked the door. 
 
"Oh Chanmi, you are here?" A voice called from behind. You whirled around in surprise but a smile instantly came on your face. 
 
"Oh unnie! You just came too? Phew, I thought I was late," you beamed. 
 
"Haha," Yoomi laughed dryly, "I figured that you will be late so I went out to buy some lattes." She stuck out her tongue at you. You scowled. 
 
Yoomi smiled as  she passed you a cup of vanilla latte. She unlocked the door to the small studio. 
 
"TS practice room is much bigger than this. But better than nothing," Yoomi explained as the both of you stepped into the room. "Let's get started!" 
 
Yoomi lead you in a couple of warm ups before she blasted the title track from Destiny's debut album and began dancing to it. You gaped at strong and precise movements executed by Yoomi and had to admit that she has indeed became a good dancer after training for 1 year. After the music ended, you clapped loudly and cheered. 
 
Yoomi smiled as she wiped away the sweat that is dripping down from her forehead. 
 
"Come on! It's your turn now," Yoomi pulled you up from the floor and began teaching you the dance moves. You were, of course, not as good as your sister in terms of dancing but you managed to catch up well pretty well. 
 
"That's all for now I guess. I must admit you were pretty good and a fast learner too," Yoomi praised you as the two of you collapsed on the floor, panting, after dancing non stop for 5 hours. 
 
----
 
After a quick lunch, the two of you were back in the studio again. This time, Yoomi pulled out some music sheets. It was the lyrics to Destiny's songs. 
 
"Familiarise yourself with these lyrics. The highlighted parts are going to be your parts. It seemed that we are going to record the songs a few days later. Oh yeah, and Destiny is debuting in 1 month's time so be prepared," Yoomi winked at you as she passed you the file of lyrics and a MP3 player. You made a face and accepted her 'present'. 
 
You listened to the melody and quickly got the tune as you began to sing with the lyrics in your hand. After around 4 minutes, the music ended. Yoomi beamed as she clapped.
 
"You sounded better than me when I tried it! You seriously suit this song better than me!" She exclaimed happily as she gave you two thumbs up. You laughed as you playfully slapped her leg. "Sure sure, I do," you muttered dryly, earning a light punch from Yoomi. 
 
----
 
The afternoon passed by quickly. Now, the two of you were lying on your stomachs as Yoomi showed you the members' profile. 
 
"This is Kwon Hanbyul also known as Byul. She's 20 and the oldest unnie. She is in charge of rap. She may seem fierce but that's her charisma. She takes care of the members very well since she is the leader." 
 
"Cha Minyoung aka Qi. She's the lead dancer. 19 this year, she is a happy go lucky unnie and does not get angry easily."
 
"Yoon Subin, also 19. Like leader unnie, RiAe is also in charge of rap. Don't be mistaken by her cute appearance, this unnie exudes a fierce aura while rapping."
 
"That's Vicky, our main vocal. Her birth name is Kim Chaekyung. She is 18 this year and is very friendly. However, she has a sharp tongue and is very sarcastic at times."
 
"Our maknae, Lee Sooyoung. Her stage name is SuA. She is the main dancer of the group. Despite being whiny in front of her unnies, this girl is extremely serious when comes to dancing." 
 
"You, Park Chanmi, will be the sixth member of group. Being the lead vocal and visual, you will debut under the stage name Xia."
 
"That's Destiny for you!" 
 
Yoomi stopped flipping through the photographs in her phone, turned to you and smiled. "Are you ready for this?" She pumped her fist in the air and shouted "Hwaiting!" You laughed at her actions and nodded hesitantly. 
 
Yoomi patted your head and grinned. "Let's go shopping! You need to look exactly like me!" Yoomi played with her curls that were dyed burgundy red at the ends as she dragged you out of the room. 
 

 

A/N: Yay! I finally updated this chapter :) Sorry for such an lengthy chapter. >.< Hope you will enjoy the story :) It's 2.10am in my country and I should be sleeping. :P Bye guys~