Boyfriend?!

Just A Replacement

 

You were sitting on the sofa in the recording studio, waiting for your turn to go into the room and record the songs in Destiny's debut album. Although you had practiced the songs over and over again, you were in a jittery. You were afraid that you might make a mistake.
 
 "Relax Yoomi. You are so tense now, as if this is your first time recording. You did well last time so don't worry," Qi came out of the room and sat beside you. She massaged your shoulders to help you relax. You smiled weakly. *It is my first time recording.* You blew air into your cheeks as you focused your attention at Byul who was rapping passionately. You were amazed at her charismatic appearance. She seemed so serious and immersed in her rap. 
 
"Good job, Byul! Just like Destiny's leader," the director praised. Byul smiled, before removing her headphones. 
 
"Xia, you are next," the director called. You stood up nervously and made your way into the room. You laid the music sheets on the stand and put on your headphones. You gave an OK sign and the music started playing. *Chanmi, you can do this!* 
 
When it is your part, you began to sing. You put your emotions into the song and sang with a powerful low voice. At high notes, you belted them. When the music ended, you heaved a sigh of relief. You looked at the director for signs of approval. The whole studio was silent before round of applause sounded. 
 
"You did really well! Your high notes has improved," the director clapped. Smiling, you giddily took off the headphones. Grabbing the music sheets, you stepped out of the room. 
 
Vicky came and hugged you. "Woah, I didn't you have this in you! Good job, Yoomi," she cheered, "look, your boyfriend had come to support you." She added the last part in a whisper. *What?! Boyfriend?! Since when did I ever date? Don't tell me Yoomi had a boyfriend. If so, why didn't she tell me? So does he know that I'm Chanmi? But Yoomi told me that this is a secret. So do I have to pretend to be that boy's girlfriend?* A thousand thoughts ran through your mind. 
 
You look up to see BAP's Daehyun and Youngjae at the doorway. You immediately bowed and greeted them. Daehyun smiled at you warmly and beckoned you to go to me. 
 
"I see you have improved. I'm shocked," Youngjae dramatically placed his hand on his heart. You chuckled lightly and thanked him for the compliment. 
 
"That's my girl!" Daehyun leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on your cheek. You were caught by surprise and took a step back. You were even more shocked when he wrapped an arm around your tiny waist and grinned cheekily at you. *Oh my god! Daehyun from BAP is Yoomi unnie's boyfriend? So he is going to be my boyfriend?* 
 
"Yoomi ah, you are not busy right? Can I borrow you for a moment?" Daehyun asked as he intertwined your slim fingers with his. You flinched slightly at the skinship. You blinked at him rapidly, before looking back at the members. They gave you cheesy and playful stares. RiAe even wriggled her eyebrows. Daehyun took that as approval and pulled you out of the room. 
 
----
 
The two of you sat in a nearby café. Daehyun went to buy drinks. 
 
"Here you go. Mocha latte, your favourite," Daehyun gave you a heart-stopping smile as he sat in front of you. You stirred the iced drink thoughtfully. *That's unnie's favourite drink, not mine*
 
"Why didn't you pick up your phone? I was really worried about you," Daehyun took your hand in his and asked. You were baffled at his sudden question. *! i forgot to switch my phone with unnie.* You panicked. 
 
"I-I changed my phone recently. I haven't had to chance to tell you yet. I'm sorry," you made up an excuse immediately. You took out your phone and told him your number. He called you and you managed to save his number. 
 
"It's okay, baby," he lean forward to ruffle your hair. Your face started to heat up. *Argh! Why do I feel that I'm cheating on Yoomi unnie?* 
 
---- 
 
It was soon night time. The girls were still busy practicing in the practice room. You had excused yourself to take a breather since you surprisingly had managed to master the dance moves well. 
 
You glanced at your surroundings before stealthily running up to the rooftop. Once you were there, you checked your surroundings again to make sure you were alone. Taking out your phone, you dialled your twin's handphone. 
 
"Yobeosayo? Yoomi unnie, it's me!" You softly called out. 
 
"Oh Chanmi-ah! How have you been? Paris is so beautiful, you should come to visit sometimes," Yoomi's bright and cheerful voice reached your ears. You smiled, glad that Yoomi was happy. 
 
"But unnie, you didn't tell me you have a boyfriend? And that person is Daehyun sunbae!" You urgently whispered. On the other side, Yoomi cursed slightly. She had completely forgotten about her boyfriend -- now her twin's boyfriend. 
 
"Erm, I have to go now! Regarding that, it's either to pretend to be me and continue to date Daehyun oppa. Or you have to tell him the truth about you. I'm sorry Chanmi. I really have to go now, " The line went dead. You were confused, really confused.
 
"Yobeosayo? Yobeosayo? Yoomi unnie!" You raised your voice slightly before cupping your voice. You sighed deeply before leaving the rooftop. 
 
What you didn't know is that someone has overheard your conversation with Yoomi. That someone had even video recorded the whole conversation. He poked his head out before behind the wall. 
 
"Who is she actually? She's definitely not Yoomi. Could she be Yoomi's twin, Chanmi?" He muttered under his breath. Playing the video record again, he sighed as he observed you closely. He finally turned away and walked in the opposite direction.