Moment of Truth

Just A Replacement

 

Youngjae leaned against the railing and stared at the now dark sky. Thick and grey rain clouds gathered together. You shivered slightly and rubbed your bare arms. Youngjae wore an unreadable expression on his face. You bit your bottom lip, not liking the cold and tense silence between the two of you. *What's wrong with Youngjae oppa today? He seemed different.* You pursed your lips as glanced at Youngjae. 
 
Finally, Youngjae turned and looked at you in the eye. You blinked in surprise and took a step back. 
 
"I will just cut the long story short. If you know me well, you should know that I dislike to drag things. But apparently you don't," Youngjae spoke. You nodded hesitantly. 
 
"You are not Park Yoomi. You are an imposter," Youngjae whispered dangerously. You flinched at his harsh words and your palms started to sweat. 
 
"I don't think what you are talking about. I don't know what you mean at at all. Are you okay, Youngjae oppa? You seemed out of it today. If you would excuse me now, I still have to return to my practice for my debut," you stuttered, your heart hammering in your chest. You bowed slightly at him before turning away from Youngjae. 
 
"Wait! What would you say if I show you this?" Youngjae walked towards you and held his handphone out. The video of you talking to Yoomi a few days earlier started to play. 
 
You eyes widened and you stared at the screen in shock. *! I'm already caught by the sharp Youngjae even before the debut? Does it mean that I will be kicked out of the company? What about my promise to Yoomi unnie?* 
 
Instinctively, you went on defence mode. "You stalked me," You stated flatly. Youngjae merely shrugged and smirked triumphantly at you.
 
"So who the hell are you? You are definitely not Yoomi! Answer me!" Youngjae glared at you and barked.
 
Tears formed threatened to fall as you had never seen the angry side of Youngjae. It was really frightening. You sighed inwardly. There was no point hiding now. All you could do now is to beg Youngjae not to spread the news or else you were be in trouble. Deep trouble. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Park Yoomi's twin Park Chanmi," you stuttered Your eyes shifted everywhere except Youngjae's eyes. 
 
"Park Chanmi, I knew it!" His eyes were accusing and you shivered. Backing away from him, you finally hit the wall behind you. 
 
Youngjae sneered, "Where's Yoomi? And why the hell are you here instead of her?" 
 
You trembled and a lone tear slipped from your eye. With a small voice, you began to tell Youngjae the truth. 
 
----
 
"You'll hurt Daehyun hyung. Yoomi had never love Daehyun. She likes him as a brother. Now you came and messed the whole thing up!" Youngjae took a sharp breath and massaged his head. 
 
Everything seemed to clicked into place. You finally knew why when you called Yoomi, she will steer away from this topic and merely state that the two of them are just close. And how the other BAP members will cast looks of uncertainty at Daehyun and you. Your eyes widened in realisation. 
 
"Please don't tell anyone about this, especially not Daehyun oppa! I will leave once I find my mum and when Yoomi comes back. It will only take a year, I promise!" You pleaded with Youngjae. 
 
"You will just hurt the close ones around you, not only Daehyun hyung, but also BAP, Destiny and Yoomi," Youngjae gave you one last disgusted look before walking away. 
 
You watched his retreating figure and slumped against the wall. Tears rapidly flowed down your cheeks as you sobbed. *What am I going to do now?* 
 
Your cries were muffled by the rain that started to fall.