Second Tattoo

Tattooing the Pain Away

“Are you sure you are fine? No more pain?” Changmin caressed Jaejoong’s face, brushing his bangs out of his dark eyes. Yunho and Yoochun snickered; Changmin discreetly hissed at them, fangs bared, eyes a boiling green. “Jae?” 

The human pushed the Felis off his lap and onto the floor. “I don’t feel anything, not even sure what that was last night.” Changmin stood, glaring at the other two humans, still laughing at him. “Just go to class already, you’re scaring some of the students that aren’t used to others.” The Felis scrunched up his displeased face.

“Well, they can just learn to get used to me and the others. None of us would want them as a snack.” He Jae’s cheek. “Not with you around.” One more and a marking rub. “Mine.”

Yoochun and Yunho completely fell over their desks in amusement.

“Min, Junsu is probably waiting for you, I’ll be here when class is over.” Objection still in his drooping tail, Changmin slumped away, actually using his two feet when Jaejoong refused to carry him, not enough time he claimed.

“One day I will have this segregation reversed! That will be the day I sleep on you in class!” Jaejoong blushed as Yunho and Yoochun gasped, this too funny to even remotely try to pass off as casual declaration.  The Felis dropped his tongue in an angry scowl and slammed door shut on his way out.

As soon as Changmin left, Yunho’s laughter hardened then ceased completely, his voice dropping into a whisper. “Jaejoongie, what exactly happened last night?” 2U stared at Jaejoong, scanning his back, waiting for another head to pop out of it. “Do you think you have it?” Jaejoong shivered, the thought of having it causing cold tremors down his spine. He didn’t want to die that badly.

“No, this doesn’t sound like it, abrupt back pain is not one of the early symptoms that doctors say to watch out for.” Yoochun snorted, not convinced at all by Jaejoong.

“Those doctors, the ones that aren’t even human, the ones that will never have to worry about it because others don’t get it, yeah, trust their words.”  Yoochun rolled a pen over his desk, more interested in keeping it rolling than the mysterious back aches Jaejoong had.

“It’s not like I have anything else to go off of! I’m not going to be a medical expert anytime soon!” Jaejoong flicked the pen off Yoochun’s desk. “tard.” Yoochun struggled to lean over his desk and pick up the fallen writing utensil, eventually Yunho grabbed it for him.

“Jae, please, I’m just saying that this could be the end, as sad as it is to admit, and you need to prepare yourself for that. Take a chance and start doing things you wouldn’t normally.” 

Jaejoong cocked an eyebrow, “like have with an Ophidia?” The other two humans looked up to match Jaejoong’s gaze, eyes lying on the snake woman entering the classroom. “I’d be willing to tap that.” All three unconsciously their lips, snake women high in appeal, s-line body, v-shaped face, large dark eyes, beautiful smooth scales, amazing flexibility, long and skilled tongues, and of course they were vicious in bed.

The co-teacher followed right after her and the Ophidia linked tails to the other, ruffling his fur. Yunho held his face in his hand contentedly, “I wouldn’t mind being a Hesper if she was that interested in me.” All three men sighed as the hamster like other’s tale flinched and wiggled nervously.

Maybe with the flirting before them, they would be able to focus on their job training. Those lost children don’t find themselves homes. The lesson began as it usually would, a pop quiz, self grading, and an explanation for all the missed questions. The quizzes were usually logic based, like what to do when cornered by brutish others and trying to protect a child while not getting killed. (The answer was to actually abandon the child. There will be other children to save, but not that many to save them.) Then there would be an extensive lesson filled with videos and stories, as well as workbook pages to complete and a homework assignment due by the end of the week.

After another standard class, an hour break was given for lunch and rest. As usual, Yunho, Jaejoong, and Yoochun went out to the courtyard that both the humans and the others had permission to use. Junsu and Changmin were already seated at a table, Changmin whipping his tail furiously while Junsu applied more water lotion to his quickly drying scales. As soon as the two others saw them coming, they hopped up to Jaejoong to the table. On more than just a few occasions others had caught a whiff of Jaejoong’s scent and attacked him.

Several heads turned this time, and Changmin’s tail lashed out in a warning. From the cracking of his whip-like body part, the others knew not to approach. A few snickered, like a Felis could keep them away from something they wanted, but with two others together, they would not pursue any further.

Junsu went back to applying his lotion, having Yunho apply it properly to his hunched back and neck; he denied a meal saying the season was not right and he couldn’t stomach any solids until next month. On the other hand, Changmin was already marking his scent on Jaejoong, starting with his lap.

The Felis kept prowling over Jaejoong, circling the areas he felt needed the most attention. The chest, the legs, arms, head, hair, back. Changmin took special attention to the back. Mostly because of the previous night, but also because of the growing smell the back emitted. He tickled. Each brush of his scruffy fur and sweep of a whisker sent sort jolting shivers over Jaejoong’s body. The Felis continued his marking with a clean at Jae’s neck and quickly nipping his chin before settling quickly on top of Jaejoong’s crossed legs.

“What’s for lunch?” He purred his question out, blissful whenever his human was near. Yoochun, Yunho, and Junsu all made a show of gagging animatedly, but they raised an eyebrow to the choice of meal today.

“We can all get a drink if someone coughs up a few more Cheonsa. I am 100 cheon short for five teas.” Changmin fidgeted slightly. Somehow he was sure that Jaejoong wasn’t able to buy a proper meal because he always bought expensive meat for the Felis.  After three weeks though, he had hoped Jaejoong could muster up a few more cheon for at least something to eat.

The two humans and the Delphinus groaned and dug into their pockets, already anticipating it beforehand, and threw the Cheonsa on the ground. Yoochun glared at Changmin, “You better go home tonight! We eat tomorrow, or you are the rare meat of the day!”

Of course Jaejoong felt extremely guilty, his friends brought something on their catering days, only he couldn’t when his designated day of the week arrived. Jaejoong lightly pushed Changmin off and scrambled to get to the nearest convenience store, but Changmin did not follow as usual. The Felis sat where the human once sat and stared at the crisp grass, not registering the need to go. His three companions watched him, unsure of his actions or his state of mind.

Yunho nodded his head in Jaejoong’s direction, eyes locked with Junsu, and without a word the Delphinus ran after the human. The unspoken words obvious and Junsu trusted the humans to care for the Felis, his worry lay with Jaejoong. Already the others in square found his presence attractive, their gazes locked on the shifting muscles of his back. Junsu hummed a warning with his perfect Delphinus voice, but only a few turned away.

He could only move his scaly and distorted limbs faster in a desperate attempt at reaching Jaejoong before any danger could arise. As he drew closer the overpowering scent coming from Jaejoong wired his senses and his pace slowed in a shock, he had never wanted Jaejoong so badly before. Even though his species of others were known for their docile nature, when faced with something intoxicatingly desirable, their instincts to literally eat the creature shut down and the only thing processing in their minds was to satisfy their need. At this point they were too far from the two humans and the Felis for them to have any chance at controlling Junsu, his control slipping away as he somehow managed to inhale all that was Jaejoong.

He lunged forward to just touch the human, and at the exact moment his soft fleshy hands touched the frame of his friend, Jaejoong bellowed a suffering cry and toppled over onto the grass. Junsu at first thought he was the cause for his friend to roll around the grass, nearly banging himself unconscious on the tree nearby, but then he realized that he really had done no more than tap Jaejoong lightly on the back in a brushing craving, not physically injuring the man. The human’s body shuddered, then Jaejoong gradually stood again, face in an awkward grimace as he rationalized his fall.

“You startled me, I tripped.” The Delphinus only nodded as he too tried to understand what had happened. In reality, Jaejoong had experienced a small jolting shock in his backside, similar but not nearly as painful as the episode the night before. And as much as both of them tried to understand what occurred, Junsu clueless to the pain, neither could prevent it from going on, neither knew why.

They managed to enter the store and buy the drinks, using Jaejoong’s cheon, without attracting too much attention. This was a great accomplishment considering just moments before Junsu tried to devour his friend. Their success only lasted for so long, and as they exited the store, three others followed, clearly not impressed with all the clear ‘MINE’ marks Changmin left before. They didn’t even try to hide their intentions and they emitted even clearer lust filled urges than Junsu could ever produce and he had ever felt Changmin give off in his presence. It took a lot of restraint for Junsu not to turn on Jaejoong and quickly claim him instead of possibly lose him to the others.

Instead, he let out another warning hum, this one stronger and much more serious than the last with the danger so much higher and real. His actions triggered the attack.

Two Canis pinned Junsu to a wall near the store they had just exited, choked him with canine teeth until he stopped screeching his deafening call, then pulled him to the side of the store and held him steady, not letting him free. An Ursus used his large bear body to overpower the human, and with one hand, scooped him up and carried Jaejoong to where the Canis guarded Junsu. They planned right there to devour Jaejoong, Junsu was just an added treat, probably considered the appetizer while the human was the main course and dessert all in one.

Partially fulfilling his duty to protect, doing it because it Jaejoong was his friend, Junsu let out more than a hum, more than a screech. The Delphinus mustered up all his strength to pitch a sonorous wave of ear splitting defensive attack. The vocals reaching so high, each other grew limp, vision going white and mind fogging with the confusion the resonance inflicted upon them. Their brains just stopped registering all noises, systematically shutting down all senses, then consciousness completely went out.

Jaejoong rested on the wall only for a moment then let out another cry. Junsu’s heart almost stopped at the thought that he had failed and the beastly Ursus had managed to gnaw on flesh. The Delphinus fumbled out of his captors’ now loose grip and rushed to Jaejoong’s aid.

He saw it again, the shocks of agony passing through Jaejoong, and Junsu stood motionless, utterly helpless as to how to help Jaejoong through the nerve crushing torture. The person in front of Junsu was experiencing pain he could not understand, and he just watched as Jaejoong clawed at his sides, wrapping his arms around and trapping his frame tightly as he tried to reach his throbbing shoulder blades, body moving against the rough wall simply to remove his fitted shirt from the area, still and crying as each shock passed over him.

For minutes Junsu watched with just as much pain as Jaejoong literally bent completely in half trying to find some position that didn’t give him anymore suffering, then finally Jaejoong crumpled into himself and revealed his now bleeding bare flesh, his writhing now over. Holding his breath, Junsu immediately knelt down and cleaned the blood away.

‘Jaejoong is Changmin’s. Jaejoong is your friend. Killing Jaejoong makes you worse than the others.’

“Are  you—Jaejoong, can you even stand?” Despite how Junsu’s condition was clearly better than the humans, the Delphinus’ voice wavered in complete uncertainty. A completely broken and seemingly frail human lay in front of him and he had absolutely no idea how to treat the situation. Should he comfort Jaejoong or search for any wounds or –Junsu threw his panicked mind on halt only when the human’s hand clutched his face and pulled it closer to rest on his exposed shoulder.

“I’ll be fine,” and Junsu let Jaejoong recover, he himself needing to regain his composure. A small guilty, possessive, happy part of Junsu loved this even though he nearly lost Jaejoong. Not often was he allowed to be so near Jaejoong and simply enjoy his being. While Junsu was just as close with Jaejoong as Changmin, he in no way expressed it with the same intimacy. He often longed for a good, strong hug from the human, as undeserving as he really felt, he really wanted the same obvious bond.

Junsu didn’t press Jaejoong further, he just held him close, moderately afraid of the others awakening. Despite the urgency of their state, neither really wanted to get up and leave, both only gripped their friend closer and sent comfort through bouncing fingers and nudges with head and neck.

It was Jaejoong to break their peace, nodding to bag of drinks still on the sidewalk in front of the store. “They probably warmed up a lot. We need to go.” Junsu only whined, annoyed with the detachment in his voice, but he still helped Jaejoong stand. The human proved himself steady and briskly walked to the fallen bag, clutching them securely in his hand.

The Delphinus still could not comprehend how the human, clearly in extreme torment, could pass his problem off so easily. Splitting pains only meant death, and who didn’t fear death? Their entire relationship was practically based on the need to keep Jaejoong alive. He could only conclude that Jaejoong didn’t think was dying, but there was still something wrong, and Junsu could feel the human’s alarm for his unexplainable pain.

Changmin stood by the gates of their enrichment school, frantically searching for the return of his best friends. Just the sight of them, unharmed as he could see from where he stood, his worry died down, but the panic inside could only go away subside a bit as he too tried to process how dangerous Jaejoong’s clear appeal was. The obvious threat from his back attacks only helped the dread stay alive longer.


I honestly don't know how I wrote this. It is practically impossible for me to write unless I have an incredibly strong urge to do so. Hmm... considering how I am absolutely frustrated that I can't complete any my plot bunny ideas, it is understandable why now. I have a really bad habit of not being able to write something and or at least finish it once I have planned everything out. Two oneshots I really want to write, all planned out, lost the will to write it now that I know the ending. Honestly, I write to find out how my idea ends and when I know... I just can't anymore. I can't. Lucky for you I haven't the faintest idea how this ends.

As I said before, might as well mark it as Jaesu, JaeChun, and YunJae when the time comes. It's not cheating, nor is it some mass thing (but you are free to think of it this way), they are all just close friends. 

A Key of the words used

Cheonsa- singular, form of money
cheon- plural, form of money
Felis- cat-like others
Delphinus- dolphin-like others
Ophidia- snake-like others
Hesper- hamster-like others
Canis- dog-like others
Ursus- bear-like others

 

Min is using his mind control to make you subscribe and comment. I think it is working!

Comments are motivation~♥