First Tattoo

Tattooing the Pain Away

It was a rule that the humans weren’t allowed to travel alone because their lives were not guaranteed. Even the toughest men could lose their lives if they weren’t careful. There was power with numbers, especially if those numbers were of the stronger kind.

Yunho and Yoochun lived in the same apartment and were able to travel with the help of the other, but Jaejoong lived too far away for the two to pick him up. That didn’t matter; there was a certain cat that loved to be near Jaejoong. This male Felis provided more protection than two humans could anyway. His legs wrapped cozily around Jaejoong’s waist, head resting on his shoulders, pointed ear’s twitching whenever Jae’s black hair brushed against his, whiskers tickling Jaejoong’s pale face, tongue lapping at the intoxicating taste of his neck.

“Haha, stop it Changmin, your tongue is too rough!” Jaejoong swatted at the Felis, distracting the youth with his fast hand movements. Changmin turned his attention from the flesh to the entertaining hand, his paw shooting out to snag it and claim a bite. Teeth sank into Jae’s soft hands and the human let out a yelp. “Bad Min!” He promptly flicked the Felis on the nose.

Changmin straightened up, legs still wrapped around Jaejoong’s waist supporting him, his tail smacking Jaejoong on the back of the head. “Shut up and walk.” Jaejoong smirked and continued to his apartment. In this area of the city Jaejoong could relax more, it was the residential zone for humans, the others usually kept out. Of course visitors like Changmin came; it was safer for the humans to have some as companions. Most humans had at least one friend from the others. Jaejoong had two, the Delphinus choosing not to get in the middle of JaeMin time.

Claws dug into his shoulder and he hissed; Changmin gave him a look saying ‘well, are you going to let us in?’ Jaejoong stood in front of his door, lost in his thoughts again. Important things like what to make for dinner or how to finish his project ran through his head, and how to fix his security system so he wouldn’t be killed during the night. When Jaejoong didn’t move the Felis took the liberty of taking one of his long claws and, with practiced ease, picked the lock. The door creaked open; Jaejoong entered automatically and shut it behind him. Somewhere in the back of his head he took note to replace the lock.

The Felis’s tail pointed the way, first stop the bedroom so they could strip and change into more comfortable clothes. Once in the room, a single bed up against the wall, a small dresser beside it, a desk in the corner, Changmin leapt onto the bed and started leaving his scent over the sheets, again. Jaejoong took to his closet, removing his jacket and hanging it up, the Felis watching his every move, head resting on his paws, tail thrashing back and forth. When Jae started changing, Changmin burrowed into his sheets and made sure everything smelled like him.

“Stop that, do you realize how many stray cats paw at my window at night because they smell you?” Changmin’s tail peeked out from under the sheets. “Yes, they were females.” Changmin laughed.

“I don’t care about the females, as long as the males understand you are mine and I will not allow you to be eaten by anyone other than me.” Possessive but caring, Changmin looked out for Jaejoong and did intend to keep him alive for awhile longer. Jaejoong liked being alive, and he rubbed Changmin’s chin in thanks. “What are you making for dinner?”

“Do you plan on staying the night?”

“Depends on how hungry I am afterwards.”

“I’ll make a lot.” Changmin purred and jumped onto Jaejoong’s sore back. That solved the security issue for one more night. The tail whipped around, ready to guide again, next stop, the kitchen. “I do know the way around my own flat, Min.” Changmin only nuzzled into his neck as a reply and started to fall asleep on Jaejoong’s back.

He woke a few hours later on Jaejoong’s bed, Jae at his desk. “Why didn’t you make dinner?” The human looked up from the homework he was attempting to do and looked bemused at the Felis. “I’m hungry.” Changmin opened his arms and demanded to be held, perhaps to rest in his human’s lap.

Jaejoong pulled himself out of the chair and went over to his now unmade bed. “When will you ever learn to walk on your own legs?” Changmin climbed up Jae’s legs and onto his upper body, into the spot only he was allowed to cling to.

“When you finally die and aren’t able to hold me.” Jaejoong sighed and carried his pet back to his desk so he could finish the grueling work. None of the homework had a point; he was pretty sure he was going to be like all the other average talentless humans and retire into some sector with a wife and raise a family to do it all over again. By that time Changmin would still be in his forever youthful twenties and forget all about the human he clung too.

“Min, call your mom.” Changmin lifted his head from Jaejoong’s lap questioningly. “She doesn’t know where you are.”

“She’s learned by now that if I’m not home by eight then I’m with you.” Changmin settled himself down again, starting to Jaejoong’s thigh through the rips in his jeans.

Jaejoong flicked him on the nose again, tongue too rough, “one day you won’t be here, you’ll be dead, and she won’t know to cry.” The Felis gave another protestant look, starting to chew on the tattered material. “She’ll assume you are with me, but you won’t be, and I won’t know to cry either.” Changmin huffed, giving up the fight.

“Carry me to the phone.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes, but still stood and scooped up the Felis into his arms, Changmin instantly rolling onto Jaejoong’s shoulders in a more comfortable perch. His tail rubbing soothing circles into Jaejoong’s back, Changmin whispered into his ears, “I promise not to die before you.” He would most likely keep that promise, seeing as how humans only lived to around thirty-five, forty if they kept their heath up. Felis could probably live a couple hundred years if they stayed out of trouble.

They entered the kitchen where the only phone was hooked to the wall. Jaejoong set Changmin down on a countertop and handed him the phone, speed dial #2. The conversation was quick and ended with a forced ‘I love you’ when Jaejoong glared at Changmin. The things Jaejoong couldn’t do, like profess his love to a family member, he made sure that Changmin didn’t lose out on, because one day Changmin would be in the same position as Jae, parentless, and wish he could say it one more time.

It was common for someone of Jaejoong’s age to be parentless. It wasn’t unusual for a child of just two or three to be parentless too. In this world, anything could and would happen. Jaejoong had been one of those not unusual cases, just another common story. Put into a big children’s home until thirteen, then shoved out to make room for new crying lonely children into the big world without the support of parental figure one and parental figure two.

“Jae~ Come back!” Changmin swung his legs on the counter, missing the scent he couldn’t go long without. There was something about Jaejoong’s odor that made Changmin slightly high. Sure, all humans had a good smell to them; they had delicious meat on them. Yunho and Yoochun were nice to be around because they smelled like tender dinner, when they weren’t sweaty and disgusting after some sport. Jae, however, made Changmin’s blood boil in absolute need. It wasn’t enough to be near him, he has to that wonderful skin, nibble on the ears in hope of getting something out of them. He knew not to taste the fingers because another hand would be around to smack him. The toes usually had a musty taste to them, but his legs were absolutely perfect when not covered. Changmin loved Jaejoong’s shorts.

Junsu agreed that Jaejoong smelled wonderful, and his sense of smell was much duller than Changmin’s, considering he barely had a nose.

His Minnie was so cute. Jaejoong ignored the whines of his Felis and went to the refrigerator. “I thought you wanted me to make dinner, how will I do that with you hanging off of me?” Changmin snorted, the fridge open enough for him to see the contents.

“Jae, you’re just trying to annoy me. Come here!” The two giggled, this being silly but something they do often. Jaejoong took out the few items for dinner and tossed one into the microwave, pulled out a plate, two bowls, and two sets of chopsticks and spoons. “Hurry up!” Jaejoong continued to disregard the demands and flipped his hair to waft some of aroma to Min just to entice him as he went to set the table. The microwave beeped and Jaejoong did the same thing on the way back, earning an unpleasant growl from the hungry kitten.

“Patience, I’m almost done.” Jae switched the meat dish with a soup and flaunted his hair again, but this time Changmin launched himself at Jaejoong, nearly making him fall over from the impact.

“Don’t do this to me Jae; you drive me crazy enough as it is,” then Changmin started his face again, and Jaejoong let him. If he didn’t give in a little Changmin would actually try to bite his ear off, and he kind of wanted it in order to hear. The soup finished a few minutes later and Jaejoong set that on the table as well. With Changmin still on his back, Jaejoong sat at the table, staring at the empty plate and bowls, waiting for them to fill on their own. “Jae, serve yourself already, I’m getting really hungry!” Changmin started gnawing on Jaejoong’s chin.

The human reluctantly did the chore, piling the meat onto the plate along with the small side of rice, and then poured a fair amount of soup into each bowl. Silently he sat, waiting for the cat to begin his hunt. Changmin grabbed a pair of chopsticks with his right hand and began stabbing at the different pieces of meat while his tail slunk onto the table and wrapped coyly around a spoon. It amused Jaejoong to watch Changmin eat, his eyes always focused on the meat ahead, but his tail was doing something else.

As Changmin maneuvered the meat around Jaejoong’s head, the tail had already returned with some warm soup for Changmin to sip down, returning to the bowl when drunk. The Felis would only eat off of Jaejoong’s plate, this way he could still stay on his shoulders, or in his lap, or sometimes snuggled up against his chest. Never in the other chair, on the opposite side of the table, away from his human.

It was a treat that Jaejoong made meat at all. Meat was rare, first of all, and Jaejoong didn’t like meat that much to begin with. Something about the proteins running right through him. Changmin complained about it often, how Jaejoong never built any bulk, and one day he would float away. Jaejoong teased back; if Changmin was anymore sleek he would be a cat.

The human ate one piece of meat and finished his soup, continuously watching the Felis hunt.

When Changmin finished his meal, Jaejoong wanted to rip him off his back (without claws tearing his skin) and clean the dishes, but Changmin had already fallen back asleep. “Heavy.” Jaejoong piled the dishes on the plate and steadily carried them to the sink, but he couldn’t work his hands freely enough with Changmin clutching onto him. “Minnie, get off! I can’t do anything like this!”

“No, sleep time. Those can wait for tomorrow.” His tail wrapped under Jaejoong’s nose, demanding that he turn the other way and exit the kitchen.

“Min,” Jaejoong cooed.

“Jae,” he groaned back, digging his nails into Jaejoong’s shoulders. “No, sleep time. Now change into some shorts so we can finally sleep.”

“I still have homework to finish.” Jaejoong hated sleeping. Even if Changmin was there to provide comfort and warmth, he still hated sleeping. Of course Changmin knew this, that’s why he pushed Jaejoong so much; otherwise, he would stay awake all night, huddled up in his sheets, wondering when he would finally meet his end.

“We both know you will never finish it. You’ll stall, complain about not getting it when you understand that crap perfectly, then you’ll pace around the room pretending to contemplate the answer to a question you actually answered instantly. Finally, you will climb into bed with me and simply rub behind my ears until the sun comes up and you do it all again. Get into bed now!” Changmin dug his claws in so deep that Jaejoong was actually bleeding, the blood starting to trickle down his back.

“!” There was one thing Changmin stopped asking for, raw meat. He liked his juicy and dripping with the blood of the kill, it gave it a fresher taste.

Jaejoong raced to his room and flung Changmin onto his bed while he locked himself in his bathroom, not prepared to be eaten yet. They needed some space from each other, so Changmin could regain his senses and Jaejoong could cover up his perfect smell with generic human soap.

He left the bathroom fifteen minutes later in only boxers and shorts, the wounds already starting to close. Changmin sat on the bed, try not to attack Jaejoong again. “I’m sorry,” he backed to the edge of the bed into the wall to show how reluctant he was to hurt Jaejoong again.

Using a towel to dry his hair, Jaejoong turned off the light. “It’s fine.” Jaejoong hung his towel on the back of his chair and walked carefully to the bed, settling next to the trembling Felis. “You’re lucky, now I have to sleep shirtless since the cuts would rub on a shirt.” Changmin let out a deep and throaty purr, making room for Jaejoong to lie down, curling up on his back. “You can the pain away.” Changmin did exactly that.

A few hours into the night and Jaejoong’s fussing woke up Changmin. More like, Jaejoong arched into him trying to relieve some throbbing in his back. Absolutely whimpering, the agony strange and unbearable. Bursting. Something wanted to erupt from his spine, break his vertebrae and cripple him with pain, leave him to finally die. Intent to send misery through all his nerves, distracting his mind of the pain the cuts created, this ache was so much worse. Changmin tried to ease the torture by lapping at the back, but this agony was not comparable to the sting of the few scratches he had inflicted. Stabbing, nothing letting up, the onslaught of destruction continued for several more minutes before Jae let out a single moan, the pain somehow faded away.  


This is why she made me mark it JaeMin.

Min is using his mind control to make you subscribe and comment. I think it is working!

Comments are motivation~♥