Chapter 5

I'm Marrying a BEAST, as in a Monster?!?

The sun was in my face waking me from my sleep, I groaned a little lifting a hand to cover my eyes.  I tried rolling over onto my back, but something tightened around my waist as a male voice mumbled from behind me before nuzzling their face between my shoulder blades.  My eyes widened, there is someone in bed with me, a scream ripped from my throat as I pulled myself and the blankets forward over the edge of the bed.  Another person hit the floor on the other side of the bed, and groaned.  I wrapped the sheets around my body, even though I was fully clothed, I felt completely , with the unknown male that was in bed with me for I don’t even know how long.

I sat up, looking over the bed just as another head appeared across from me.  His black shaggy hair fell messily around his tired face. “Who are you? Why are you in my hyung’s bed?” He snapped, wiggling a finger around in his ear. “Geez, you really have a set of lungs on you, I think you busted my eardrum”

“A better question is who the hell are you? And why did YOU climb in bed with ME?” I growled looking at the empty beds around the room. “where’s Doojoon - Oppa and Junhyung - Shii? Hell, where the hell is everyone else” I glared at the male before me, just as a heavily panting Yeosob and Ki Kwang stopped in the bedroom doorway.

“Rylee a-are y-you okay?” Yeosob spit out between pants. 

“We heard you scream from the far side of the building” Ki Kwang added before two other unknown people showed up behind them.

“I see you met Dongwoon” one of the unknown chuckled.

“and Dongwoon finally met Rylee” the other added with laughter

I pulled the blanket around me even more as I stood up, feeling the sweat pants fall to my ankles, the man Dongwoon looked at me confused. Then to the others, then down at himself, he sat on the floor in red and black stripped boxers. His face started turning different shades of red, as he wrapped his arms around his bare chest. “Who is she” he looked to the four men standing in the doorway.

“That’s hyung’s fiancé” Yeosob smiled.

“He isn’t going to be happy knowing you got to sleep with her before he did” the two unfamiliar faces started laughing.

“HEY” I snapped, “Grow up” I glared at the two, both shutting up instantly.

“Wow, she’s going to be a handful” one muttered to the other in near perfect English.

“Helllloooo I can understand you perfectly fine, idiots, I did just move back to Korea from America” I replied back in English as the rest just looked at us, not knowing what was being said.

“Aaah, we gotta go!” they switched back to Korean before taking off.

“Yeosob – Ah, do you know if Hyunseung did his laundry yet? Mine was with his and I’d like to get dressed” the three just stared at me, before bursting into laughter. “what?” Ki Kwang and Yeosob were bent over in the doorway holding their stomachs.

“Hyunseung do laundry?” Ki Kwang spat between laughing fits, “that’s funny, Junhyung does Hyunseung’s laundry, he’s not allowed near the washer and dryer”

I shook my head as I pushed passed the laughing hyenas in the bedroom doorway and waddled towards the kitchen blankets still around me and pants still around my ankles.  Once i got into the kitchen I stood behind the counter and let the blankets go so I could pull the fallen pants back up. I pulled the draw string as tight as I could get it before tying it into a knot. I wrote a small note on a Post-It saying I was going home and would be back later to get my clothes.

I slipped my shoes on and walked out the door. The door slammed a little harder than it should have making me cringe a little, I sprinted down the hallway and into the elevator. I really don’t want to go home right now, it’s so nice outside the sun is warm on my skin, the city birds are noiser than ever and the city is gorgeous today.  I’m not really dressed to be walking the streets of Seoul right now.  I know I can make myself look a little more present able if I can find a large enough window to use as a mirror.

I wandered the city streets until I found a mirror worthy window, I sighed at the dissapointment before me; I looked like I just crawled out of dark hole I’ve been hiding in for years.  I rolled the waist band of the sweat pants down a few times making them fit my smaller frame a little better.  I pulled out my pony tail flipped my hair over and gave it a good shake.  I then used my hair elastic to tie the over sized shirt up showing off a little stomach and dropping the collar off of one shoulder.  My hair fell freely around my face and down over my shoulders. There, now I looked somewhat presentable, like I had just been at a dance practice or the gym. I smiled at the minor improvement in my looks, before walking down the sidewalk again.

Great, where am I? I’ve been so busy looking for that perfect window mirror, I haven’t been paying attention to where I was walking. Dammit. I looked around the streets for a street sign telling me what street I was on, but came up empty handed. When a man ran into me knocking me off of my feet. I fell backwards landing hard on my back, knocking the air from my chest.

“Sorry!” he yelled, back as he ran off, a few girls ran past me as laid breathless on the ground.

“Are you okay?” A middle aged man stood by my feet, “Here let me help you up” he held out his hand, with a smile on his face.

“Yeah, I’m fine, some guy ran into me and knocked me over” I took the elders male’s hand and he pulled me up off the ground. “Thanks for asking” I brushed myself off.

“not a problem, I like to help people when I can, what’s your name dear?” his smile never leaving his face. “I’m Andy, it’s nice to meet  you”

“My name is Rylee, it was nice meeting you, but I should be going, I have some friends to meet and I’m already late” I returned the smile and took off, that man had a bit of strange vibe to him, I really didn’t like it, he seemed to be a little to nice and wasn’t formal like most middle aged people around here.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket, when I pulled it out the caller ID showed it was Jun Hyung. Sighing I answered the call, “Hello?”

“Rylee, where are you?” he demanded from the other end of the call.

“I’m out for a walk” I grumbled.

“Where? Why didn’t you wait for one of us to go with you? Why didn’t you tell anyone? Why-“

“Jun Hyung, Stop it!” I cut the man off. “You’re not my husband yet, you don’t need to breathing down my neck, every second of the day. I’m perfectly safe, there’s not even a scratch on me”

“WHAT? What do you mean theres not a scratch on you? Rylee WHAT Happened? Get back here right now!” he growled.

“NO! I’m going to enjoy the weather, I’ll come back if and when I please” I yelled back, before hanging up on the demanding man.

I put my phone on silent before slipping it back into my pocket. I walked a little further down the street before the smell of food made my stomach gurgle, “Breakfast, I haven’t eaten yet” I mumbled before slipping into a small corner café. 

“What can I get for you, dear?” a small elderly lady smiled from behind the counter.

“I’ll have a french vanilla and a Chocolate chip muffin please” I smiled at the lady and handed her some money. I let her keep the change and she handed me my drink and food.

I sat in a booth in front of two men as I sipped my hot drink. Getting bored minding my own business I started listening to others conversations, call me nosey but it’s interesting some things people talk about.

“Come back to the house man” a soft voice whispered. “you know how you get when you’re angry, you don’t think before you act, you do stupid things and we end up with more blood shed then we should have”

“you can go back without me, I’m staying here” A deep voice spoke. “I won’t do anything to risk his life, he’s like my little brother, I’m all he has, and I won’t let him die because I did something stupid!” the voice growled. “I will get him back, I will save him one way or another” I swallowed thickly realizing I was listening in on gang related conversation, I quickly finished my drink and muffin before standing up and taking off. I didn’t want to listen to that conversation anymore.

What to do, where to go, where I’ll stop i don’t even know. “HEY” a male’s voice yelled from behind me. “Hey, you!” my eyes widened thinking it was one of the men from the cafe, without even thinking about it I picked up my pace and started sprinting down the sidewalks.