Chapter One: The Arrival

I'm Marrying a BEAST, as in a Monster?!?

 

I waited patiently for someone to come open the door; my luggage was beside me sitting on the veranda. It was the first time in over four years since I have been back in South Korea to see my family. They had been supporting me the whole way through my career but I never had time to take out of my schedule, which I have felt really bad about. Now being here is very nerve-racking, I haven’t seen my sister since she was ten and now she is fifteen, as for my mother I haven’t seen her since she got remarried to my stepfather.  Seeing them once again was the greatest thing that could happen to me.

I had been standing at the door for five minutes, waiting for someone to come to the door. Fed up I rang the doorbell a few time in a row, I hoped that it would finally cause someone to answer the door. Sure enough the door opened, but the person I was met by definitely was not someone I knew. He had dark brown, wavy hair that looked really soft, and I wanted to run my fingers threw it. Yes, I have an odd hair obsession; I always get the need to touch someone’s hair if it is nice.

“Uhm, I think I got the wrong house,” I said taking my attention away from his hair and picked up my suitcases before walking away.

“Wait!” He yelled at me causing me to turn around, when he knew he had my attention he spoke again. “You’re Rylee right? Your mother sent me to get the door.” He explained, I nodded and walked inside. As he shut the door my sister came running towards me.

“Unnie,” She exclaimed as she grabbed me into a hug, causing me to drop my suitcases. “I’ve missed you so much!” She had me in a death grip, with no way to get out of it. She was squeezing me so hard I couldn’t move at all, it was like the life was leaving my body from her scary grip.

“I’ve missed you too Cho.” I was finally able to say when she loosened her grip, I gladly returned her hug. I could see the guy from earlier standing in the corner of the room out of the corner of my eye, he was looking at us and he looked rather uncomfortable. Cho seemed to notice that I was looking at him and wasted no time on introducing us.

“Unnie this is Yong Junhyung, Junhyung-oppa this is Rylee-unnie!” she exclaimed as she let go of me; even though he already knew my name I was thankful for her introducing me. I looked at her and noticed her smiling like crazy at him, but he was looking at me.

“It’s nice to meet you Junhyung-sshi.” I bowed slightly; it felt so foreign to me because of being in America for so long.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Rylee-sshi.” He did a slight bow also, but I had noticed he took a quick overlook of me. I crinkled my nose, I hated when people did that to me, checking me out with no shame at all.

“So, unnie how was your time in America?” my little sister asked, I smiled, happy that I could finally catch up with her. “I heard you’re in a reality show, is it true?” her eyes were sparkling with curiosity.

“How about we take my stuff upstairs, then you can ask all of the questions you want.” I said poking her nose, she rubbed it afterwards and grabbed my bags before I could protest.

I followed her upstairs to the second floor and to the last room on the left side of the hallway. I opened the door for the both of us and gasped, the bed caught my attention right away. It was just like one of the beds I had wanted while I still lived in South Korea with my mom; it looked exactly like a hamburger. I had always wanted one and even though I’m almost twenty I still secretly wanted one.

“It’s cool right? Hyunbae remembered you used to want one, so when he heard you were coming back to stay he bought you one.” She giggled at his idea, but I was so happy. Hyunbae was with our mother since we were little, as her best friend, so when she got together with him he always tried hard to have us accept him as our new father figure.  He didn’t realize but since we had lost our father when we were little we already viewed him as the father figure in our life, and we still do.

“Yes it is I will have to thank him later.” I walked over to my bed and sat on it, I was still amazed that Hyunbae was able to find one. But then I remembered that Junhyung guy, I need to know why he was here and who he was exactly. “Cho, who exactly is this Young Junhyung guy?” she looked at me and blushed, I had a feeling she had a crush on him.

“Well, he is one of umma’s friend’s sons.” She had a big grin on her face while she talked about him, and it made my assumption about her feelings towards him even more apparent. “He’s also the rapper for the boy band beast!” the last part surprised me; I would have never thought he was an idol or anything of the sort.

“Really, that’s cool.” I was pretty impressed, I wondered if he knew who I was, but I held off from going down stairs to ask him. “Does my baby sis have a crush on him?” I asked, teasing her slightly as I pinched her cheeks. She was just too adorable when she was crushing on some one. “How about we go down stairs so I can say hello to our mother and Hyunbae, then you can ask me all the questions you want to.” I stood up from my bed and walked downstairs my sister close behind me.

When we got to where Cho said that our parents were along with Junhyung’s parents were, we found Junhyung and another boy, who I assumed was his brother, standing outside the door.

“What are you guys doing?” Cho was the one who asked, confused as to why they were standing in the hallway and not inside the living room.

“Our parents said they needed to talk alone, we’ve been trying to hear what they are talking about, but they aren’t talking loud enough.”  The other boy answered for them, Cho nodded and decided to press her ear up against the door.

“Cho don’t do that! It’s not nice to ease drop!” I scolded her, but instead of following my own advice I did the same as her and also pressed my ear against the door.

“You should listen to yourself unnie!” she laughed and I just shushed her, I was able to make out some words, but nothing was making any sense. They were saying words like marriage and wedding, so instead of listening in further I decided to wait for them to open the door and explain what they were talking about. It seemed the other three followed what I was doing and decided not to try to listen in on the conversation, so we were all sitting against the wall beside the door.

 

 

 

Well here is the first chapter, it took me a little longer to post it than I thought it would but I hope it is an alright chapter. It took several tries to make it to my liking, so I hope you all like it too. Also the whole bed thing was just really random because I couldn't find the bed I had wanted. ~riinaa