A True Friend

A Helping Hand [HIATUS]

Sunny pulled up to his apartment complex. He got out of his car and walked to the passenger side, opening the door for Taeyeon. He shook her gently, since she fell asleep in the car. She stirred a bit and opened her eyes.

"We're here... sorry to wake you," he said with a smile. He held her hand and let her out of the car. "Let's go inside, this rain's being a nuisance."

Taeyeon wasn't exactly thrilled about the interior of the complex. This place looks old... like it belongs in the 20th century... but it's better than jail or the streets, I guess. She nodded as she entered the apartment.

Taeyeon looked like a lost puppy as she stood awkwardly in the living room, checking out the just of the living space. Sunny took off his jacket and shook the rain loose. 

Sunny approached Taeyeon cautiously and scratched his head. "You... you can sit down, if you'd like."

Taeyeon looked at Sunny with a frightened face, but didn't say a word. Maybe I shouldn't have come. Sunny changed facial expressions. He got up and headed to what appeared to be his bedroom, leaving Taeyeon in the living room for a few minutes.

She looked at the cucko clock as the bird popped out, startling her a bit. 10 p.m. What the hell am I doing...? I can't believe I let some stranger lead me to his house this late at night... Taeyeon started literally shaking in her boots. The apartment was drafty and her clothes- well the tattered remains of what she was wearing the night of her arrest, were soaked from the rain. She decided to sit on the couch and grab the scruffy old blanket to wrap around herself.

Taeyeon started shuffling her feet. He's been gone too long... er-no. I don't need his help. I'm Kim Taeyeon, heir to a major business corporation. He's just a poor city kid... I-I'd be a disgrace; asking for help from the likes of him. I better leave before he comes back. I've got connections... I'm sure I'll be fine. Taeyeon got up and headed to the door. She gave the homely apartment one last look and placed her hand on the knob.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Taeyeon whipped her head towards the sound of Sunny's voice.

"And with my blanket too. I made that in high school, you know," he had a frown on his face. Sunny was holding a set of dry, light blue sweats, a toothbrush, and a stuffed animal-er... vegetable?

"Sunny..."

"I even brought you some warm clothes. And didn't I tell you? I'm not letting you go out there on your own. Please don't go."

Taeyeon sighed inwardly. "I can take care of myself," her pride got the best of her.

"It didn't seem like you could take care of yourself twenty minutes ago. I want to help you. I want you to stay. It's nearly 10:30. It wouldn't be safe to go out right now, especially in this part of Seoul," he said, motioning her to take what was in his hands.

Taeyeon thought to herself for a minute. I mean... it is late. Maybe he's right. Taeyeon silently made her way to Sunny, taking the items in his hands.

"There we go. You hungry?" 

"No..." Taeyeon was interupted with the sound of her stomach growling, "...Yes," she blushed.

"I'm going to make some hot chocolate and ramen. You go change; it'll be ready soon," he motioned to the bathroom.

Taeyeon placed the items on the bathroom counter and looked at herself in the mirror. She was quite the sight.

Beaten, hair messy, face cut, tattered clothes, and baggy eyes. She looked in shock. W-what happened to me? She sat on the floor and covered her eyes with her hands. I've gone down the ladder dramatically... hell, you could say I fell off the ladder. Relying on some nobody... losing my house and money... ruining my reputation... even losing my boyfriend. She looked to the sky. What did I do to deserve all of this crap?

There was a knock on the door. "Taeyeon? The ramen's ready... the noodles are gonna get thick. Hurry... are you alright in there?"

Taeyeon threw her head back. Ramen. Haven't eaten that for a while. At least not the instant kind. "Yeah, yeah. I can take care of myself. I'll be out in a minute, don't fret, alright?" 

Sunny was taken aback by the statement. He shook his head. "Alright..."

After Taeyeon finished changing she looked at the two extra things that Sunny gave her. A toothbrush. Also blue. Good thing I like blue... and what is this? She picked up the stuffed vegetable. It's kind of cute. Peas in a pod. With faces. And a zipper. Maybe a bit creepy... Eh, the faces are cute... and it's soft. I wonder why he gave me this... I can't help but think that it looks really familiar... whatever.

Taeyeon exited the bathroom and took her seat at the humble white wooden chair in the dining room. Sunny placed the ramen down in front of her. 

"I hope this is okay... it's all I have right now. It's Samyung, so it's the good kind," he smiled. Taeyeon didn't say anything. She just picked up her chopsticks and dug in. 

There was an awkward silence as the two young adults ate their dinner. Sunny decided to speak up.

"So Taeyeon... um, how old are you?" 

"Twenty-one. March birthday."

"You're older than me. I'm a May-born."

"Cool..." Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Sunny pretended not to see.

"S-so is the ramen okay?"

"It's alright..."

Sunny started kicking his feet. Everything was awkward, and he was getting frustrated. He sighed and got up. "I have the water boiling... I'll make the hot chocolate now."

Taeyeon sat back in her seat. Why is he being so nice to me? Taeyeon got up and returned to the couch. She looked at the pictures on the side tables. There were quite a few. 

Most of the pictures are of his childhood. He must have had a great time as a kid. Hmph, he even had a little girlfriend too...

"Oh, you saw those?" Taeyeon turned her head to see a pink-clad Sunny holding hot chocolate with whip cream. 

"Yeah. You were kind of cute as a kid."

"I'm cute now."

"Sure you are," Taeyeon said with an obvious tone of sarcasm. She turned back to the photos and Sunny placed the hot chocolate down.

"Noonaaa~" Taeyeon immediately whipped her head back around.

"Why would you say I'm not cuutee?" Sunny said as he poked his fingers together. Taeyeon scoffed.

"Stop that, I hate aegyo," Taeyeon said, not admitting that it was at least to her a tiny bit cute.

"Hmph. You're such a joy, aren't you?" He crossed his arms.

"Regretting taking me in now?" Sunny sighed. 

"You're asking if I'm regretting letting you get taken away from those two thugs to do who know's what? Of 'course not, Taeyeon."

"Why would you even bother helping me, a stranger? You could have just gone home." Sunny sat down and handed a cup of the sweet beverage over to Taeyeon. He took a sip.

"Because, Taeyeon, you're my friend now. And I don't regret my actions. I'd do it again for you," Sunny felt like he said too much, "o-or anyone, for that matter. It was just the right thing to do, you know?" Taeyeon didn't buy any of it. He's definately hiding something... but- a friend... I'd like that. 


Thank you for all the new subscribers! I hope the first chapter didn't disappoint. I ended up completly rewriting this chapter, so I'm sorry that it's late ): Don't forget to leave a comment down below, please! Thanks ^.^ Until next time~