Different ways to surprise

Different ways to surprise

*****

Conny was not a girl to waste any time. When she planned to do something, she was doing it properly. That’s why next morning Onew had a Chopard new collection brochure on top of his fan mail, which he was usually looking through after breakfast. That’ the way her man was – he did not want to throw all the letters away mindlessly and Conny was proud of him for that. But right now she thought it would not harm to use his thoughtfulness a little to her advantage.  While Onew settled comfortably on the couch with the big package of paper in his hands, Conny was watching him from the other side of the room, curious to see his face expression after finding the brochure. In her mind she had a perfect idea of how it would work – Onew will look carefully at it, first being surprised at what it is, but than realizing that it shows nice ladies earrings and pendants, the idea will spark in his head and... voilà! But than she came back from daydreaming and was very disappointed when she saw Onew just shuffling through letters, while throwing the booklet into the trash bin without second glance.  But it was not the end of the brochure’s story, it found itself rescued from the bin later, only to appear again on the top of the fanmail next morning and to meet the same fate.  Three times in a row. Plan A failed. Totally.

 

“Probably the hint should not be so subtle? Or maybe Onew just did not like the idea…”- Conny said to herself.

It was a time to move to plan B.

*****

Next morning Conny set near Onew, holding a bright travel catalog in her hands. While Onew was watching some news on TV, she started to browse through the catalog, calling to Onew from time to time, showing him pictures of tourist attractions in London, beaches in Thailand and mountain lakes in Switzerland, talking aloud about how  good will be go to a vacation in one of those places. She could not be disappointed more with his reaction. First, he was hardly looking at all the pictures she tried to show him, and at the end murmured something about having a tight schedule and not being sure about vacation this year.

Conny left him finaly alone, still pouting in disappointment. Than another idea struck her:

“What if he does not react to all of this only because he already bought the present?”

A new spark appeared in her eyes and she quickly tip-toyed to his room to look at his “secret” (well, not to her) hiding place.

She crouched to have a look at the far corner under the bed and triumphant smile grazed her lips. There was a box! Conny pulled the box impatiently and stared in disbelief at its content. The box was full of DVDs with zombies’ theme movies. At first glance she could see Zombieland, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil and more. She was totally confused. Its not that she did not like those movies, but to get them as anniversary present was kind off.. odd?

Conny was so absorbed in her thoughts that she did not hear Onew coming up into the room. She blinked when he picked up the box, saying:

“Our neighbour just called to ask those back, I borrowed them to watch from him while you were away on your studying trip”.

Onew carried the box downstairs and out to their neighbour, while Conny was still sitting on the floor, confused more than ever.

 

***

The day of the anniversary came and Conny still has not a tiniest idea about what she will receive as a present. Curiosity was almost killing her. She practically raided the house in the morning, but still there was nothing. Nichts. Zero.

“ If he forgot about our anniversary.. He is so going to get it!” – even loving Onew a lot, Conny was going to be all business-like about that issue.

Than the doorbell rang, and Conny went downstairs to open the door. There stood Onew.. with nothing in his hands!  But before Conny can say a single word, Onew kissed her and gently tugged her hand, making her come into the yard.

It was a clear summer night, with a milliards of stars well-visible in their sky. Onew pointed at the small, but bright star on the left:

“This star was name after you today. Before it just had 234567890 as a name, but from today it has the best name in the whole Universe, Constanze. Happy Anniversary, honey.”

Conny felt her heart going still from the sweetness of such words and present. She pulled Onew for the kiss, hotter than the summer night around them.

“Some times surprises are not bad. Not bad at all” – was a quick thought that went through her mind.

 

*****

Anja stayed leaning on the window, after reading the letters from her friends with all the details describing the recent events. Gazing at the stars in the night sky she wondered which one among them had Conny’s name now. She also had a wide smile on her face, and still was silently laughing, imagining all of Kritika’s doings. And she also was amused about the fact that girls went through all of that almost at the same time.. Well, they are not called twins for nothing JShe really missed spending more time with them because of all the work piling up.

“Its decided! When I am taking a holiday we definitely shall go to that choco spa Kritika was talking before!”  - Anja promised herself before getting back at her computer desk.

Looking for a few minutes at the unfinished document she thought “Aw, what the hell!” and opened VS site. She needs to surprise certain someone too ;)

 

The end.