I Love you but..

There's ALWAYS an END for Everything

 

`I know I should’ve stopped loving him. Loving him more and more each day will only increase the pain I already have. I’m afraid to let him know my feelings for him. First of all he’s straight and the worst part is, he has a fiancé. I keep telling myself to remain seeing him as a friend but I can’t.  His voice that cracks often when he sings and even when he talks, His long brown hair that sways when he moves, His big eyes and luscious lips. All of that things only screams the word BEAUTIFUL. Didn’t he know that being overly cute and beautiful is a crime? for God’s sake. He’s making me crazy. I love him. I love him so much. ~

 

L.joe was sitting on the floor doing his paper works. He was living alone in his own apartment. He works in a big company in Korea. He’s one of the trusted employees in the company. He often works at home. He’s a simple man with a simple life. He loves being alone. He’s not the type of person who loves to socialize. L.joes’ work will be finished any time soon. He was thinking of going to the kitchen to get a glass of water when suddenly his phone rang. When L.joe grabbed the phone he saw that persons’ name on the screen and grabbed it tiredly.

(PHONE RINGING~)

“Yeoboseyo(Hello)?”L.joe answered. He was so tired for working non-stop.

“Hyung(older friend/sibling)~ where are you?” The person on the line said. L.joe tensed up, hearing that persons’ question. He doesn’t want to talk to him right now. He was drowning himself in his work so that he can somehow forget about him. He was thinking of what to say to him. He doesn’t want to be mean to him but its’ the right way.

“I’m Busy Daniel-ah, I’ll hang up first.” L.joe said coldly. He was having second thoughts in hanging up.

“Wait ~ Hyu--.” Before Niel could say anything L.joe hanged up.

L.joe took off his reading glasses and sighed heavily. He looked at his sleeping dog and pets the dog while smiling. He stood up to get some water in the fridge and after drinking his glass of water he walked back to his room. He lazily sat on the floor to finish his work. After a minute he heard a loud banging outside his door. “It’s him” L.joe thought. He pretended that he was not inside the house. When the loud banging stopped he was relieved that Niel believed that he wasn’t inside the house and gone back home. Then suddenly his phone rang. He grabbed his phone and saw Niel’s name on the screen. It  made his heart scrunched up for fooling the boy. He threw his phone in to the couch, ignoring the boy’s call. When the ringing stopped he heard a familiar voice outside.

 “YAH! LEE BYEONGHEON, I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE! YOU CAN’T FOOL ME. I HEARD YOUR PHONE RINGING! OPEN UP ~ !”

L.joe can’t help but chuckle, imagining his dongsaeng’s (Younger friend/Sibling) angry face. He just can’t believe that this is happening. His trick was no match for the boy so, he slowly got up and scratched his head while walking to the door and opened it halfway for the taller man. He saw Niel’s face pouting in annoyance and started to talk to the boy.

 “You don’t have to yell you know, What if the neighbor thinks that I’m a criminal?” whispered L.joe. “Trust me, they wouldn’t.” Niel rolled his eyes. “Why’d you say so?” L.joe asked trying hard not to laugh at his dongsaeng’s (Younger friend/sibling) actions. “Your looks are too innocent to be a criminal Hyung (Older friend/sibling), and you’re too stupid in creating excuses.” Niel reasoned while pulling the door so that he can come in but L.joe did not budge. “What are you doing?” L.joe asked looking at his dongsaeng (Younger friend/sibling) with a suspicious look. “Opening the door for me so that I can come in” Niel said, still pulling the door to come in. “Did I allow you to come in?” L.joe questioned him. “Uhh, No~ But I’m already here! You can’t just tell me to go back now?” Niel reasoned while pouting. “GO HOME DANIEL, my room is not a playground” L.joe said, glaring to his pouting dongsaeng (younger friend/sibling). “Hyung~ you’re no fun at all.” Niel said while crossing his arms childishly`.

L.joe heard a loud music being played inside his room. He glanced inside the room, a little confused. While L.joe’s off guard Niel found the opportunity to enter the room. Niel pulled the door as hard as he can and dashed inside the apartment. L.joe was little shocked because of Niel’s action. He sighed and hurriedly closed the door and ran to his phone to answer the call.

Yeoboseyo?(Hello)” L.joe answered.

“Ah. Is this Ljoe-sshi?” The caller asked him.

“Uhmm. Neh(Yes), Who’s this?” L.joe said, A little nervous for who it may be.

“Ah. Neh, This is Park Chorong, Niel-sshi’s fiancé.” L.joe’s body stiffened upon hearing the name of the caller. He looked at Niel who was hugging and petting Joonhee (L.joe’s Dog). Niel stared at L.joe with a blank expression and asked why he is staring at him with confused eyes. L.joe ignored him and starts talking through the phone again.

“Ah. Neh(Yes), why did you call me, Chorong-sshi (Ms. Chorong)?” When Niel heard the name of the caller, his eyes widened. He slowly put down joonhe and turned his head again to L.joes’ figure.

“Neh(yes), Is Niel-sshi (Mr. Niel) with you? He’s not picking up my calls. I was thinking if he’s with you. I’m so worried about him.” L.joe can feel her worry for Niel. He looked at Niel with an annoyed expression. Niel was so nervous that he doesn’t know what to do. While looking at L.joes’ expression he got a hint that Chorong was looking for him. Niel formed his fingers into an X and whispered to L.joe not to tell her that he’s with him.

“Ah. Neh(yes), He’s here with me. Mianhaeyo(I’m sorry) for making you worry about him. I’ll tell him to go home immediately after this call.” L.joe said to her in a soothing voice so that she’ll calm down.

Neh.(yes)  Kansahamnida(Thank you) L.joe-sshi (Mr. L.joe) and Mianhaeyo(I’m sorry) for calling you suddenly about this matter.” Chorong giggled, as a sign that she was already relieved.

“Aniyo(No),  Gwenchanayo(It’s okay). I’ll hang up first okay?” L.joe chuckled at her cuteness then hanged up. L.joe glanced at Niels’ direction and frowned at what he saw.

 

Niel was curled up into a ball on the couch. Not wanting to go home and to explain everything to his Hyung(older friens,sibling). “Daniel-ah, I know you don’t want to talk about this so, you should go home for now. Arasso? (okay?/Understand?)” L.joe stated and walked back to his room, joonhee following his owner’s back. 5 minutes had passed and Niel hasn’t moved a muscle. L.joe peeked outside his room and saw that Niel was still sulking. “Daniel, She’s worried about you. She loves you with her whole heart. You should care for her more. She’s one of a kind you know.”L.joe stated in a calm voice. Niel did not respond. L.joe walked towards niel and knelt down “Ahn Daniel, You’re going to be engaged soon. You’re going to have a family, It’s not just a family but your own family?” L.joe smiled painfully towards Niel’s head while patting it. Niel still hasn’t respond. “You should be happy.” L.joe stood up and walked towards the kitchen to get the boy something to drink. Niel sat up and stared at his Hyungs back. “Hyung~ I do like her but I’m confused with my feelings. I just don’t want her to be bothered by it. I really do like her.” L.joe clenched his fists. His mouth turned dry and he feels like he’s being suffocated. He swallowed all of the words that came out form the boys’ mouth. It was hurting him too much. “Tha-that’s good but why?” L.joe gathered all his might to speak clearly. “Maybe I’m just not ready for this whole engagement thing.” L.joe looked towards Niel and smiled. “What if, it’s also for the good? Do you think so?” Niel looked at him with a confused look. “What do you mean for the good? Why do you say so?” Niel questioned.  L.joe gave the strawberry milk to Niel. The latter smiled cheerfully seeing his favorite drink in front of his face. L.joe chuckled at the latter’s action and started to talk again smiling. “Maybe, just maybe this event will also be a solution for the problems of other people.” The latter looked at L.joe with confused eyes while sipping from his straw. “Really? You’re being weird Hyung ~but somehow it makes sense to me.” L.joe sat on the sofa and snatched Niel’s phone on the table. He opened it and searched for the number of Chorong and called it. Niel was busy drinking his milk and playing with joonhee so he was oblivious of L.joes’ actions. “Daniel, here” L.joe said handing the phone to its owner. Niel glanced at the object his Hyung was holding. The latter’s eyes widened at what he saw. Before Niel could speak L.joe began to speak. “Tell her you’re sorry and that you’ll be home after 10 to 15mins.” L.joe smiled and stood up heading to his room. Niel held the phone  awakwardly and talked to his fiancé. Niel did what his Hyung told him to do. After the phone call, Niel peeked inside L.joe’s room. “Hyung, I’ll be going now” Niel said while smiling to his Hyung’s back. L.joe nodded and raised his hand to bid farewell. “Goodbye, I hope you’ll be happy with your life. This is what I chose, because I think this the right thing to do.” L.joe thought and sighed. He chuckled at his drama and told to himself “Lee Byeongheon, let’s pack up.” He stood up and started packing up. Joonhee was staring at him. “Yah!(Hey), What are you staring at?” He said, chuckling. “Do you want to stay here with him?” L.joe asked the dog with his puppy eyes. Joonhee started to whimper. L.joe laughed at the dog. “Why does everybody like him!?” L.joe shouted looking up. ‘I’ve gone stupid’ He thought to himself.

 

When Niel closed the door behind him, he walked slowly towards the elevator and waited for the elevator to open up for him. Before getting on the elevator he glanced again to that door and smiled. Not just a smile but a smile that expresses pain and regret. ‘I think it’s for the best’ Niel thought to himself.