The Reason

Second Choices

Jiyeon is at her desk, she has her arms over her desk crossed and her head over them facing the door.  From an opposite corner of the classroom, a small group of guys are gathered.  Jiyeon and them are the only ones inside the classroom.  In the hallway, the laughs and chats of the students keep the classroom from being quiet enough.  A guy from the group on the corner keeps staring at her and she knows it.  From the very beginning he’s been trying to get her attention.

-”Man, she’s cute.”

-”She’s arrogant, she’s been ignoring you all this time.” His friend answers him.

-”Maybe it’s just ‘cause she’s new, you wait and see how she gets used to this school, I bet she’s a great girl.”

-”Since when did you start liking the cute type of girl, ah?” Said the girl beside him.

-”Since i saw her, she’s someone like, mysterious, I’m really curious about her.”

-”Aw, stop it, it sounds awkward coming from you!” The girl said.

-”This year you’re not being yourself, Jiyoung, absolutely.”  And they all laugh.

 

Jieun is still daydreaming about the other night she spent with Hyukjae.  I have the feeling that we’ll be very good friends.  And thinking about friends, she suddenly remembers Jiyeon.  I was very mean to her.  I think I overreacted way to much.  Ah, I should have just laugh it off...but me looking like a guy! Even so, I didn’t have the right to tell her that, I think she was about to cry...and I will too if I don’t apologize.  Without thinking twice Jieun put once again studying on hold and made her way towards Jiyeon’s classroom.

 

-”How was it with Jiwon yesterday?”

-”Jieun.  And it was ok, she’s more outgoing than I thought, and she’s really funny, too.  I was about to get her to introduce her to everybody.”

-”Do you really think she’ll fit in here?”

-”She’s a little awkward, but once these guys talk to her, you’ll see her real self, not kidding, she’s a good person.”

-”Are you sure you don’t like her?”

-”Why do you keep asking that?  Seriously, she’s just friend material, where did your friendly and open side go?  You’re not like that, don’t be jealous.”

-”Jealous, me?  I’m more worried about her, she looks at you in a somewhat ‘special’ way.”

-”I don’t know what you mean by special, but the only thing you need to know is that she doesn’t have friends and I just want her to have a great year with us, that’s all.”

-”So you feel sorry for her.”

-”No, I don’t.”  They continue arguing in their classroom while Jieun enters Jiyeon’s classroom building.  She’s never been there before and people stare at her.  She goes upstairs where the rest of the junior classrooms are.  The classrooms are loud, girls in the hallway talking more loudly than needed and boys shouting and laughing.  She finds the classroom as well as a pair of girls gossiping on the other people standing beside the door frame.

-”Excuse me, are you from this classroom?”

-”Yes, what do you want?”

-”Would you please call Jiyeon to come outside?”

-”Who?”

-”Jiyeon, the new girl that comes from America.”

-”Ah, the arrogant girl, wait,” the girl turns to the door and shouts from there, “new girl! Someone’s looking for you!”  As soon as JiYoung hears this, he’s alert to Jiyeon’s moves, who simply stands up and heads toward the door.  Jiyoung follows her once she gets out.

-”I want to talk to you.”  Jieun says as Jiyeon steps out of the classroom.

-”I don’t want to, go away.”

-”Still, I’m sorry.”

-”I won’t forgive you that easily.”

-”I’m not here to ask you for forgiveness, I’m just here to say that I’m sorry and that I didn’t mean any single word I said about you yesterday.”  Jiyoung gets out of the classroom and immediately recognizes Jieun.  He leans on the door frame and watches.  His friend inside the classroom notices him.

-”Why is he standing there?  Such a creep!”  Jiyoung enters the room again and goes to where he is.

-”You will not believe who’s out there.”

 

-”So, are we okay?”  Hyukjae asks Hyoyeon while her hair.”

-”Yeah, sorry for judging you.”

-”Hey, weren’t we going to get your new friend?! I want to meet her already!”

-”Yes we are Donghae, don’t be so anxious, you’ll meet her.”

-”Is my hair alright?”

-”What do you think this is, a blind date?”

-”Hey, you never know, perhaps you just caught my soulmate.”

-”Just hurry.  We’ll be back soon, babe!”

-”Sure, I’ll be here!” Hyoyeon said and both friends made their way to Jieun’s classroom, but in the hallway he noticed how some students were looking in the direction of a girl with her back facing them.  Some students whispered among themselves and others continued their own business.

-”Oh that’s Jieun.”

-”Who?”

-”The one in front of that girl facing away from us.”

Jiyoung just in that moment gets out of the classroom and turns his head to the opposite direction in which Jiyeon and Jieun are and sees Hyukjae and Donghae approaching.

-”Are you gonna let me see or what?” The friend behind Jiyoung asks while pushing him slightly and finally a little harder once he sees Hyukjae.  Hyukjae is only focused on Jieun and doesn’t notice when the two boys at the door stare at him and Donghae frowning.

-”Jieun-ah!” Hyukjae greets her loudly and at the same time the boy in the door steps just in front of him.  Jieun lifts her head and her heart skips a beat.  The hallway is silent all of sudden.


-”Youngbae...”

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  Did I or didn't I????  More action the following chapters we are right now at the rising action phase and hehehe it just gets better and better, the meaning of Second Choices will take its place and it's gonna be epic!!...............ok, maybe not that epic but wth, I'm happy with it, and not only me but also my two new subs. This chapter is specially dedicated to marshmallow4897 and Annellise25 who posted the very first 2 comments, thank you for your support and let me know if my story is in reality that good, becuase i just read the previous chapters and besides grammatical errors i also see that sometimes i miss some parts that important, but anyway...thank you again for reading and hope you've enjoyed it so far.  XOXO