Chapter 33

One Fine Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PLAY

 

 

 

“W-what?” Kyori blinked as she was still processing what Jin Yung just said.

“Didn’t I tell you his name?” she asked, “As in never?”

Kyori just slowly shook her head in response.

“So that’s why you’re here?” Tao asked, interrupting the silence.

“Yeah,” Eli shrugged and Kyori could bet he was enjoying the actual situation. “That’s what I wanted to tell everyone but nobody cared.”

“Okay okay fine, what’s the problem if this guy is Jin Yung’s younger brother?” Chanyeol interfered as the situation was confusing him not just a little.

“I don’t know—“ Jin Yung started but someone else interrupted her in a quickly manner.

“Well it doesn’t matter now!” Tao proclaimed, “You guys can go in now, I need to talk with Kyori.”

Jin Yung nodded and Chanyeol grabbed her hand so he could pull her with him while Eli just followed them inside but not before glancing at Kyori, concerned.

When they were already far away from the two, Tao grabbed Kyori from her wrist and began to pull her but without any bad intentions, he just wanted to be alone with her, without the other guests outside looking at them.

As Kyori was about to pull back her wrist, Tao turned his face to her and whispered, “No, I just want to go somewhere else.”

Kyori easily gave up as she knew she couldn’t debate with him and let herself to be dragged. As they were now walking and little by little far from the birthday party’s place, Tao released the grip on Kyori’s wrist just to intertwine right away his hand with hers.

Kyori noticed it right away and the madness she was feeling began to fade away as he tightened the grip. She shook her head and hid a chuckle.

It’s strange how twenty minutes ago she was disappointed and felt emptiness at the same time but what about now?

He chased her right away and even left the party only because he wanted to stay with Kyori instead of staying at Mrs. Mei’s party. Although he knew the next day he would have to listen at his mother scolding him.

But what mattered to him was the present. Not the future. He didn’t care at the moment. He just wanted to not to abandon Kyori once again. Once is already enough for him to forgive himself. And it was especially hurtful for Kyori.

“Tao..” Kyori tried to speak but the boy continued to walk. He was ahead but he wasn’t walking that fast. And maybe it was Kyori too, that she wanted to be left behind.

“Tao it’s cold in here.” Kyori said and stopped her tracks, forcing Tao to stop too as they still had their hands intertwined. “Let’s go back at your place.”

Tao looked at her and realized she still had that shawl resting in her shoulders. He fully turned around so he was now in front of her and finally released her hand only to start ing his suit jacket.

“I don’t want your jacket, Tao—“ Kyori began to say but trailed off as she gave him a questioning look. He didn’t take off his jacket but instead he just opened it wide, waiting. “Uhm.. What are you doing?”

Tao was taken aback and just sighed, laughing and feeling embarrassed at the same time for his fail. “What do you mean with that? Come here, silly.”

Kyori approached him slowly and, as she didn’t know what to do, she just cuddle up herself. Once her face was now in contact with his chest, Tao wrapped his arms around her and, without notice, he began to lull their selves.

“Are you okay now?” Tao asked a minute later and stopped for a moment to continue lulling.

“Why did you stop?” Kyori retorted and felt his chest like it was beating as he was now laughing. He then continued to lull their selves and began to hum a song she couldn’t recognize.

“And you? Are you okay?” it was Kyori’s turn now to ask. Now that she was relaxed, she could tell that what happened earlier wasn’t his fault and she hoped that it wasn’t Ju Hyun’s intention either.

However, Kyori almost waited one entire and long minute before she could get an answer from him.

“Yeah, I am.” He rested his left cheek on top of Kyori’s head and sighed in relief. “I’m with you now.”

Kyori secretly smiled at what he just said. Simple words that could fully made her day—no, her night.

“Hey, listen,” Tao whispered but, as Kyori didn’t make a move, he was sure she was listening at him, “What happened earlier.. It was nothing, okay?” he waited for a reaction or a response of hers, in vain. Kyori just wanted him to continue saying what he wanted to say. “Look, I didn’t even know Ju Hyun was here in Korea. The moment mom called me when I was with you all, I still didn’t know yet. She just told me when Ju Hyun was practically already in front of me.”

Kyori still wasn’t satisfied with his reasons but couldn’t resist the urge of asking him, “And why did you have to link arms with her and walk in front of all the guests and us also? When you needed to tell your speech?” she finally asked and pulled away.

“I know and I’m sorry but how could I even say no if her father was right in front of me. He asked me to.” He explained and let out a sigh.

He wanted to say no. To say that there was no need to kinda look like partnered with Ju Hyun. He even looked at his mom, narrowing his brows and mentally telling her it wasn’t the case. But Mrs. Mei just smiled at them and after saying an “Alright, then!”, she just turned away with Ju Hyun’s father.

“Okay, okay.” Kyori quickly agreed so Tao wouldn’t be bothered. “I just wanted to know, that’s all.”

The guy just chuckled as Kyori looked away from him. “By the way, I need to tell you something.”

Kyori was still not facing him but Tao knew she was listening to him so he just continued to tell her what he needed to tell.

“Ju Hyun is going to stay at our place ag—“

He couldn’t even finish his phrase when Kyori snapped her head toward him. “What?! Again? But—“

“I’m sorry, mom’s will.” Tao stated and approached her, reaching out his hand but Kyori shoved it away and began to walk back at the place.

“Kyori!” Tao cried and quickened his pace a little so he could reach her and once he did, he stopped her from walking by grabbing her from the arm.

“How can you even walk that fast with these heels?” Tao unintentionally asked, looking down at her feet.

Kyori just shrugged and crossed her arms, giving him a look. “I wanna go back at your place.”

“You know you’re really cute when jealous?” Tao half-laughed and half-said after a minute of trying to hold it in.

Kyori was taken aback for a moment and all she could do was letting her jaw drop but once she understood that he was only teasing her, she began to tell, “You—“

Tao started running away laughing, taking advantage of her because of her shoes.

“Yah! You think I’m gonna—“ She shouted, jumping here and there as she was taking off her shoes. “—Gonna give up this soon?”

“Make me!” he mocked, looking behind him at Kyori, who began to run while holding her heels.

“Wait for it!”

 

***

 

The wind blew through the night and caressed all what it could caress.

Kyori closed his eyes at its touch and let herself shiver a little. Her hair that were messed but not that much due from the chasing, were gently swayed at the wind’s p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter