Chapter 24

One Fine Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ ♫

 

 

“Good morning babe!” you heard as you lazily picked up the call. “Get up~” You could actually hear him stretching in his bed and getting up.

“Hmm.” You groaned and put the blanket up over to your head so you wouldn’t wake Ky Cee as she was, like she desired, your room-mate.

“It’s already 7AM babe, get up and get washed up okay? Come on, last night you told me you all needed to be at the hall by 8AM.”

“Five more minutes..”

“Aigoo.” He mumbled. “Okay, okay. I’m going to take a shower now, when I’m finished I’ll call you again.”

“Hm.” Then you waited for him to end the call.

When you thought he already hung up, you placed your phone under your pillow and turn to your side to continue sleep. You were nearly to fall asleep when you heard your phone rang again. You frowned in frustration and got up before taking your phone.

“I’m awake now.” you quickly whispered. “I thought you were showering?”

“Yes I was about to it but I didn’t end the call so I could hear what you were going to do next but then I heard nothing, that’s why I thought to call you again.” He explained, making you roll your eyes.

“Well thanks for waking me up then, Tao.” You mumbled while making your way to the bathroom.

“Anything for you babe~” he cooed and you couldn’t help but to flinch at him, chuckling. “What?”

“Stop being so cheesy at 7 in the morning.” You told him, laughing.

He sighed and giggled. “Babe, do you know that everything that sound cheesy to others it’s romantic for those who are in love?”

You rolled your eyes and laughed at his remark. “Whatever you say, baby. I’m going to hang up now, need to shower too. Call me later okay?”

“Alright. Where’s my kiss?”

“Tao seriously stop it.” You blushed.

“No.” even if you couldn’t see him you were sure he was pouting again. “I’ll give you one then, if you don’t want to.” The next thing you heard was him doing a kiss sound through his phone.

You laughed even more and seriously tried to bid him goodbye. “I love you.”

“I love you more. Ppo-ppo!”

 

***

 

“Here we are at Dumo Village, class! Leave your belongings here in the bus since we are going to sea kayaking okay? I have to ask you to be careful even if you have the life jacket put on, right? You all will be paired by groups of three and need to complete a task then we’ll give you free time in this amazing place. We’re going to meet by 3PM so we all can go fishing for our dinner, which it will be at the beach. Be careful and enjoy.” Said your teacher, who was the representative of your class.

You and your classmates all nodded and cried “Yeh” in unison then began preparing yourselves.

The other classes did the same and you saw Eli glancing at you but you looked away, still avoiding him.

“Kyori-yah, you already know you’re my partner.” Ky Cee suddenly said as she linked arms with you, snapping you into reality. You nodded then approached where the others were, putting on their life jackets. You too took one and put it on and so did Ky Cee.

“Good morning everyone.” A man spoke, after you all were finished, clasping his hands and giving you a wide smile. “First of all, thank you for visiting. I’m Choi Hyung Su. My group and I will quickly teach you how to sea kayaking. But I’ll wait until the teachers are already done pairing you all.” then he stepped backward so he could give space to the teachers to pair their students.

Your classmates already made their groups and you and Ky Cee finished to be only the two of you but it didn’t matter to you as long as Ky Cee was your partner.

You were now fiddling with your life jacket’s lace when Ky Cee nudged you. You looked at her. “What is it?”

“Seems like someone’s going to join us.” And you followed her gaze.

You widened your eyes at the sight of Eli who was shyly approaching you, grabbing the back of his head.

“Hey.” He quickly greeted, gaining nothing but silence from you two.

“Oh Kyori, Ky Cee! This is Kim Kyoungjae and he will be paired with you, okay?” your teacher quickly explained you.

You looked at her in disbelief, not wanting this to be true. “May I ask why?” you asked, trying not to sound harsh.

“Because the other and his class are already all paired so I thought to bring him here since there are only the two of you. It won’t be a problem since the tasks for you all are the same. Try to befriend him okay? Same thing to you, Kyoungjae.” And with that, she left to join her group, which means the other teachers.

You ignored the others’ glares and murmurs as Eli was standing in front of you two.

“So.. Where am I going to stay?” Eli asked you two.

You and Ky Cee looked at each other then your best friend just shrugged. “You choose.”

You looked at Eli who was patiently waiting for you two to decide.

“Where do you want to stay?” you asked him since you thought it was the better way to decide.

“Everything would be fine.” He told you after looking at the kayaks.

“Fine, you’re staying in the front seat and Ky Cee in the last. I’ll be in the middle then.” He nodded and stayed silent.

You glanced at him every now and then. He’s really handsome.

Then you thought that it would be nice to be friends since, for you, there was nothing wrong with him. But the thing you really couldn’t appreciate about him was what he told you a while ago. It really made you upset seeing him being so sure of himself.

“Okay, so I see that you all already are paired up. Now, we all help you getting in the kayaks then teach you how to sea kayak.” Said Hyung Su, interrupting your thoughts, then nodded at his group behind him gesturing them to approach him and help him.

For about thirty minutes, they helped the students get in the kayak and gave some basic tips, especially about to not tip over.

“Okay now try by yourselves and when we see you’re ready, I’ll give the word to your teachers to tell you your tasks.”

The students murmured in agreement and carefully tried to get in the kayaks, helping each other.

You helped Ky Cee getting in then tried too but Eli unconsciously held your hand and helped you instead.

“Be careful.”

You pulled back your hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter