Not Anymore

The Beauty and the Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saehee woke up early to tend to the man's wounds. He seemed to seriously be asleep now, his head cocked at an uncomfortable looking angle, and his mouth slightly open. His eyebrows furrowed from time to time, shwoing he was still in deep dreaming. 

She washed his smaller wounds out again, carefully not to wake him, and made sure he wasn't too hot or cold. After laying him down on a comfrotable position on her makeshift pillow, she began to think. 

She remembered when there were wolf attacks, her mother and the village nurse would feed the patients a mixture of water and some liquid in order to prevent any infections from neither the wolf nor nature from hurting the patient internally. Judging by how much blood there was, and by how deep the cuts were, she decided to do the same for the boy. She dug out the first aid and found the same clear liquid, in a long skinny bottle exactly the same length and width of her third finger. When she popped open the cork top, it smelled slightly of jasmines, but the scent was so faint that it wafted away quickly. 

Saehee shrugged and checked her water supply. After tending to the boy, she had used the majority of the last water bottle. There was only a bit left on the bottom, about a cup of water. Enough to feed the boy. She gingerly tried dropping the liquid in, but accidently ended up putting more than one, five. She rolled her eyes, grumbling, and stuffed the lid back on the potion. After stirring the bottle and adding a little bit of riverwater to lessen the potion's concetration, she slowly tilted it towrads the man's lips. 

He was still deeply sleeping, and so she put the edge of the bottle on his lower lip and let the water flow from the bottle into his mouth. Slowly, she saw that he was subconsiously drinking it. She continued to work at a breakneck slow pace until the bottle was empty and some color had risen to the man's cheeks. Saehee sat back on her heels and watched the man continue to breath deeply and make slight face expressions in his sleep. 

He was dark, Saehee had to admit, for someone who had just stumbled out of the forest. This forest's forage was so thick that only the strongest of sunlight made its way to the dank forest floor. Most of the human's life was lead by oil lit lanterns or fires. And even those didn't help to darken skin. He must have been born with it She thought. His head was sort of messy, but nonetheless complimented his already perfect features. His lips, were thick and luscious. Saehee suddenly had the urge to reach out and run her fingers over his lips just to feel how soft and plump they looked. She scolded herself. What the hell, you just met him, no, found him you idiot, what are you doing?! 

She bit her lip, contemplating what she just thought of. She was right, she had just met the boy. There was no time for exchange of names, nor origins. She was risking her own life possibly. If this boy turned out to be a serial killer, or a werewolf, or a wizard, she had nothing to help herself with except her own body and her knife. 

But she would be ready if he tried anything threatening. He seemed pretty innocent. I mean, he can't be a werewolf, because it looks like he's attacked by one, and also, his eyes weren't gold. All werewolves eyes glow gold in the night, right? She shook her head and rummaged through her supplies when her stomach growled. She took her spear and stood up. She was going hunting. 

 

A tiring hour later, she had speared three fish and shot a plump bird from a nearby tree. After washing out and preparing both servings, she made her way back to the cave to see how the boy was. She stopped in her tracks. He wasn't there in the entrance of the cave. 

She dropped her spear and ran toward the cave to see that no one was there anymore. The only things that were left was her pack, untouched, and her cloak. IT had been unrolled, from the pillow it was, into a bundle of hasty fabric. He had left. 

She whipped out her knife and catiously looked around the clearing. There were no noises nor sights of the dark skinned boy. 

She slowly took a step out of the cave into the sunlight. Holding the knife in front of her, she yelled out, "Where are you!" 

There was no answer.

"I know you're here!" 

She heard a few squaks of birds, but there was no sign of human life.

"Show yourself!" 

Growing irritated, she lowered her blade for a moment and yelled out, louder, "I'm warning you!" 

Suddenly, she heard a twig snap behind her, and whipped around, screaming. 

The short, sharp scream was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter