Who Knows?

The Beauty and the Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin felt the blood course violently through his body when he couldn't channel his wolf. His eyes widened and he broke into a run. But no matter how much he channeled his emotions and beast, he couldn't feel the rush of edorphins that signaled his immediate phasing. He couldn't care less that Saehee was still watching him with a very confused expression. 

"What did you feed me?" He managed to say loud enough for her to hear. He saw that realization and knowing looks dawned on her brown eyes. He narrowed his eyes and asked again, "What did you do to me?" 

Saehee just stood there, gripping the knife in her hand, and stared at Jongin. He saw that she had tensed up and was beginning to instinctivly crouch into a fighting stance and eyed him warily. He slowly strode over to her and the entrance of the cave. Off to the side, he saw an empty water bottle with its cap still open and lying on its side. He passed Saehee and crouched down to take the water bottle. Even though his wolf instincts were gone, his hearing and sneses were as strong as ever. He heard her breath hitch and the glint on the dark cave walls signaled that she had raised her knife. 

Jongin ignored it and took a sniff of the bottle. He knew exactly what it was. The similar smell of jasmines, and burning wood. It was wolfbane. It wasn't much, enough to keep him from changing, but not enough to kill him instantly like it would have done. She must have fed it to him when he was sleeping, thinking he was unconscoius. 

He stood and turned around to see Saehee glaring at him now and holding out her knife between them. 

"You fed me wolfsbane." 

She narrowed her eyes, "Why does that matter?"

"I--" Jongin stopped and contemplated his answer. If he said anything wrong, she could be able to notice he was a wolf. "I'm allergic to something thats mixed with the thing you put into my water." 

Saehee didn't lower the knife. "Who are you?" She squinted her eyes. His front bangs were covering his eyes in the darkness of the cave. He lifted his head slightly and stalked towards her. He smirked when he saw that her eyes started to loose their cofidence and she took shaky steps backward. 

Jongin quickly reached out and grabbed her wrist, and with a quick flick of his own wrist, the knife went skidding toward the other end of the cave. He yanked her forward and pressed her to the wall of cave, covering again with his hand. Her eyes flew open and she st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter