Wolves

The Beauty and the Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saehee ran as quickly as she could before fustratingly throwing down the basket. It kept restraining her from running quickly and quietly. Its contents spilled out over the ground. Two water bottles, and five loaves of thick bread wrapped in foil was her food supply. A knife, a lighter, a first-aid kit, a compass, and a blanket were her other things. She gaped as she removed the blade from its cover. 

The blade was thin and sharp, made of pure silver metal. She turned it over in her hands and watched it glint in the moonlight. The townspeople would be murdered if she were to use this on any of the wolves. The maidens in the human villages were lucky to even be released with clothes on. But Saehee had a knife. 

She quickly used the blade to cut a long, thin strip from the blanket. She lifted her dress and tied the strip tightly around her upper thigh. She then tied another knot around the leather cover of the knife. She tugged at it to make sure it was sturdy and then slipped the knife into the cover. She organized her dress and felt relieved to see that it was completely unnoticeable and concealed under the gray dress. 

She took out the compass. It was the size of a coin, small, but incredibly precise. She wondered where to put it. She the small hole at the end, and got an idea. She cut a smaller, thinner piece of the blanket and scruffed it until the thick threads began to unravel. She ripped out a long piece of yarn and tied it together to make a loop, and strung the compass on it. She wrung it on her neck, and saw the gold glint of her necklace. She the cold metal. The compass was too heavy for the delicate chain, and she wouldn't risk losing it. 

She then fashioned a sort of backpack out of the blanket and stuffed the rest of the contents into the sack. She tightened it around her shoulders and covered it with her black cloak. She tied the strings of the cloak tightly and lifted the hood onto her head. She quickly dug a hole and the remains of the basket into it and covered it with soil once again. She surveyed her surroundings quickly before straightening up and broke out into a swift run. 

She ran faster and with more agility now that she had organized her belongings. There was a cliff in the distance where she would be able to see everything in the forest and avoid any predators. She set her eyes and continued to run. 

No matter what it takes. I'm going back alive.

 

 

 

The front runners of the pack screeched to a stop and began to sniff around the area. 

The wolf behind them growled, "What the hell are you doing?" The tan brown wolf in the front continued to sniff the ground and replied, "I smell something."

The biggest one rolled its eyes and huffed, "Let's get going." 

The tan one gave a growl of warning, "Don't you smell it?" 

The skinny one next to him hunched, "It's a trail." The tan one jerked his head toward the direction of trail and broke out into a swift run. The others reluctantly followed, keeping their noses to the ground and following the suspiscious scent. 

The skinny wolf whined and went off trail for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter