Chapter 6

"Overdoing" Life

So before we get on with the story, I finished this chapter like weeks ago. Turns out I saved it on 'hide chapter' and it was not uploaded. I was completely unaware of this, and so only now is this chapter public for everyone to see. Sorry!

 

 

Amb's Diary

So guess what? Today, I made this awesome song. Like, even I the creator can't help but pat myself on the back for it. It's called Goodbye Summer and I must say, it's beautiful. It's based off this girl I knew that was a friend in high school and her very sad love life. But I don't think she'll be mourning it over as of now, since she's happily married to that very guy and everything.

I'll let you in on a secret: I'm secretly actually a romantic. No, really. I have all these dreams and wishes still unfulfilled with my ex-boyfriends. In Korea they call that 로망 (romang), which is such a beautiful word that English needs. Again, why you so limited, English??

Anyways, cake-baking is great as usual, Mr. MahnWon buying two cakes every week or so, blah blah blah. Life's going on is all. You know, I'm really curious about how old Mr. MahnWon is. Is he around my age? Older? Even younger? Since I never see his face fully, I can never know! Why you have to be so secretive? Huh? Huh? You wanna fight me? You wanna? I'm all for it, fat guy. (Okay, even under that coat, it's obvious he's not fat. Call it a hyperbole or something.)

Apparently, Luna's been singled out as most awesome singer. (Okay, that's technically not true. The title was officially something like Hard-Working Talent. Whatever, same thing. Call it a hyperbole.) I am sooo happy right now! I am full of fluff, people! (Or, um, diary. Singular.) She got a special day off and I'm going to go shopping with her! I am! I am!

You know why I'm so excited about some good old shopping? 'Cause it's NOT just some good old shopping! We're going with THE Onew! Yes, everyone, I'm being completely serious and truthful. I am. Girl Scout's Honor. (Okay, so maybe I was never really a Girl Scout, but you know what I mean, right? Call it a hyperbole. Is this a hyperbole?)

I just re-read what I wrote, and I kind of sound like Junie B. Jones. Or the author that writes Junie B. Jones. But hey, I'm excited! I use a lot of exclamation marks when I'm excited! It just happens like that! See? So many exclamation marks! But really, I do sound like Junie B. Jones. Whatever, I don't care because I'm GOING SHOPPING WITH ONEW!!!!!!!! Oh, and Luna, of course. I was forgetting about her. (Okay, I was totally lying. Outright. How can I forget Luna in all this situation? But it was used to show how high my obsession with GOING SHOPPING WITH ONEW is. Call it a hyperbole. And I know this one totally was.)

I am completely, so, so, so excited. Not kidding. It's already tomorrow, and, well, everyone else is excited for me. How nice of them, right? Right. Let me just wander off for a moment to text all of them a thank you.

They just replied, everyone giving me a thumbs up. I didn't text Luna because she's right here with me, being my roommate and whatnot. I gave her a huge hug instead! :)

Anyways, it's all thanks to Luna and I want to be her friend forever. She is going to be my friend forever, want it or not. I declare it unto the world! Beware, world! Amber is going to be Luna's friend forever! You won't be able to stop us! (Okay, maybe they can. But hyperbole, yo. Get in the mood.)

What else? Um, well, I really can't think of anything else except ONEW!. And yes, it's ONEW!, not just Onew or even ONEW. It's ONEW!: get it right. My brain is completely overcome with ONEW!. And no, this time it is NOT a hyperbole at all. It's a fact.

So I'm just going to head over to Luna's room again and hug her again. If you're wondering about why I didn't scream on paper as I usually do, well, my hand is too jittery to write long. I would've written it, but I've done the scream like three thousand times (HYPERBOLE!) yesterday, so I don't feel the huge need to, so no worries, I'm not super sick or anything. Just happy and jittery and nervous and excited. Nothing's wrong, folks, nothing's wrong.


I smiled at Luna, my brightness just showing and showing and showing and showing and never ending. "Once again, I, Amber Eunyoung Liu, roommate of most awesome singer and friend Sunyoung "Luna" Park, declare that I love aforementioned Sunyoung "Luna" Park and will forever be her friend, from here on out."

Luna laughed and lightly punched my arm. "You've said that so many times already, stop!"

"Oh, admit it, you're super happy and excited too." I reached over and poked her in the side. "If you don't say yes, I'm going to admit you in the mental hospital for being in denial."

"I would totally be lying if I said no," she replied. A dreamy look overcame her face. "Just think, I never ever thought this day would come! I thought it would forever be locked away in my dreams and wishes forever, not become, you know, reality."

"Look who's being all poetic," I teased. I felt super happy for her and frankly for me. Come on, who wouldn't be? Except the anti-fans, of course, but they don't count here. I was about to say more when a certain van caught my eye. "Look, here he comes!"

We quickly rearranged our hair and everything, prim and proper by the time the van reached us. "Hello, Onew-sshi/sunbaenim," we chorused with deep bows.

The amazing guy laughed, and Amber Liu melted into a puddle of happiness. "Come on in, Miss Park and Miss, um, your name is...?"

"Amber, sir." I was quite quick to reply, which I was very much proud of since I was just only recovering from his laugh.

He quirked an eyebrow. "Amber Liu?" he repeated, an amused smile tugging at his lips.

"Um, yes?" I sounded confused, even to my ears. But hey, I was confused. What was with his reaction to my name? "Is something wrong?"

"No, no, just that I, uh, misheard it and thought you said something else." Ah. I nodded grimly. It made sense, a mistake that could happen to anyone.

We boarded the van (the manager was driving, which was very surprising for me. I thought the manager would have problems with Onew-sshi spending an afternoon with two random girls, but I guess not.), and I naturally looked around curiously.

"Wow, what a normal van for such a flashy group," I said without thinking. When I realized what I'd said, I whipped my head to look at Onew-sshi with wide eyes.

Thankfully, he was laughing. "Yup, we're just normal people too after all," he replied.

It hit me then-- these people weren't superhumans or aliens from another star or anything, they were normal people like me and Luna! Wow!

It wasn't until Luna poked me and Onew-sshi laughed again that I realized I had said that aloud too. "Omigosh I am so sorry Onew-sshi it's just that I'm a super thoughtless person and that was super rude of me I'm so sorry!" I clapped my hands together and held it above my head, my eyes squeezed shut. "Please forgive me!"

The van stayed silent for a moment, then the other two occupants burst out in laughter.

Luna found her voice first. "Amber, you're so adorable!" She doubled back laughing again at my confused and frozen state.

"No worries, Amber-sshi," Onew-sshi spoke next. "I forgive you."

"Um, thank you. But why are you both laughing?"

Luna shrugged. "I guess we couldn't help ourselves." She grinned. "You're too adorable, you know?"

I raised an eyebrow. Gesturing towards my whole body, I told her, "I'm obviously a tomboy? How in the world am I adorable?"

"You'd be surprised at how many tomboys I know that Luna-sshi would probably call adorable," spoke up Onew-sshi. Which was really nice of him, because he could've kept laughing at us. Or me. Or was it us?

The gruff voice of the manager surprised me when he said, "We're here." He looked quite young and fresh, not this overly-stubborn-old-grandpa-voice kind of guy. Maybe he actually did have a problem with Onew-sshi hanging out with two girls he didn't really know. Yeah, that made sense. I mean, if he had nothing against that, he'd be a not-so-manager-like manager, which is supposed to be bad, I think.

But I digress: back to the beautiful story.

We chattered and laughed and I was so surprised by how much Onew-sshi's disguise worked, because he was so obviously ONEW and everything. He made us call him Jinki-sshi instead, just so others wouldn't recognize him even more. But it was pretty cool, this whole spy business. He had a wig on, and a thin scarf that looked very fashionista, and even put on some stuff that made him look like he had freckles. Overall very secretive and clandestine and Cool with a capital C.

I ended up buying some gloves, a disposable camera, and a snapback, Luna bought like three pairs of socks and a stuffed giraffe, and Onew-sshi (no, it's Jinki-sshi) bought a bunch of random stuff. I list the weirdest ones here: a roll of tape, a cup, an eraser, and a lampstand among other stuff. Why he needed a lampstand of all things is beyond me, but hey, he's ONEW and ONEW can do stuff like that and get away with it. Whereas if I'd bought those, the cashier ladies would be all 'what's wrong with this girl' but since ONEW even in disguise is very ONEW and looks awesome, they were just like 'oh okay here you go handsome' and everything.

I'm being completely serious: they actually said stuff like 'oh you're very handsome' and 'you must have a special project going on' and generally kind of hit on him.

We ate mini corndogs and some fish cakes from a stand, laughing and talking together in the summer wonderland. Or fall wonderland, whatever. He took us back home, said goodbye and left with the two of us staring blankly at the sky.

"Was this all a dream?" I asked dazedly. "Pinch me."

She pinched me.

"Ow," I said. "That hurt."

"That was..." Luna gulped.

We looked at each other, a smile gradually taking place and then widening into a happy 'O'.

"AAAAAAAAAAACK!"

"Luna! We just totally met Onew-sshi and then just went shopping where he bought a lampstand!"

"Amber! We just totally rode in SHINee's van and the just went shopping where he bought a beautiful lampstand!"

"At a mall!"

"Of all things!"

"Today is the very best! Day! EVER!!"

"AAAAAAAAACK!"

 

Needless to say, we stayed up the whole night talking and squealing and the such.

It was awesome, yo. Seriously.


Amb's Diary

I am never, ever going to lose this snapback. Or throw this disposable camera away. Or wear down these gloves.

Best day ever, but I am too much a happy girl to write more.

Bye!