Chapter 4

"Overdoing" Life

Amb's Diary

Hurrah! Celebrate, peeps! My great, talented friends have been accepted into SM! I knew they were awesome, and this just proved it! To your face, people who said they weren't! To your face!!!!!!!!!!!

Yups, they've made it. I knew they could, and I knew they would. It just took an awesome, insightful person who knew this to convince these amazing girls to try out-- in other words, it just took an Amber Josephine Liu (Eunyoung?) to make it happen. My future as celeb friend is now practically glaring at me! Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Another good news-- one of the sunbaes (I have no English words for it. How come English has so many words, but none of the important words? Huh? Huh? Tell me, creators of English. What's wrong with you?) at the cake shop saw me looking oh-so-wistfully at the cake making and told the owner about it, and the owner offered to teach me some cake making, cake baking stuff after work if I help close her shop. Again, yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

And that JYH-look-alike I told you about? It turned out he IS JYH's cousin, twice removed. Seems like the genius-ness runs in the family as a whole-- he's pretty genius-y in music. Which reminds me-- I composed my first ever song, complete with a rap and lyrics, and the teacher complimented me on it. It's greater than you think, because that teacher is pretty hard to impress and all. As sure as the sky is blue, I was happy. Still am, in fact.

What else? Oh, I'm looking for composing jobs at entertainment companies and such. Mostly aiming for SM, though, since my friends are trainees there (which is awesome, because Jinri told me she saw Taemin of SHINee, like, twenty meters away, and that is such a close proximity I can't believe she's alive). But before I start applying, I probably need to make more songs to sell and stuff. I can't wait!

The creepy guy at the cake shop keeps coming, but he's not too creepy anymore, thank goodness. Reason? Well, this one time I saw him staring really hungrily at the Deep Deep Choco, All The Way Choco cake, and I, in my friendly manner, asked him if he wanted it, and he had this really sad tone and he said no. I felt really bad for him, so I asked if it's a money problem, and if it was, I'd pay for it and he can get a slice, but he laughed and said it was okay. He also told me that I'm very kind, thank you, but it's not a money problem.

I just thought of this now, as I was writing this-- what if he's this really rich guy? That's why he's disguising himself, wearing dark clothes and sunglasses indoors. That's why he laughed when I asked if it was a money problem, because he's really, really rich and everything. But why would he refuse to buy cake? Maybe he's on a diet? But if he's on a diet, why buy two cakes for himself? Or maybe it's not for himself, because he has a brother that loves cake. Or maybe he's on a diet, but his two older brothers don't, so they ordered the youngest brother to go buy cake. Or maybe he had been addicted to chocolate, so eating too much at once would make him addicted again-- that's why he limits himself to chocolate cheese delights.

You know what, never mind. He probably has reasons for himself. As my mom always told me, I'm going off into fantasyland for no good reason.

As for my family on the other side (in America the Beautiful), they're pretty happy-ish, I think. I'm not homesick, they're not Ambersick, everyone's happy, you know what I mean?


"Amber! Lunch!"

"Yes, umma!" I called back. I carefully blew on the ink to dry the page, closed it, and returned it to my bookshelf. Then I hurried to the kitchen, where I could smell awesome things radiating from. "Vic umma, aah!"

She shouldered me away with a laugh. "No, little daughter Amber. Wait for everyone else!"

"Yes, umma!" I obediently started setting the table, and midway Jinri and Soojung wandered into the dining room, drawn by the delicious smell. "You two! Help me set the table!" I called.

"Yes, unnie." They stole one more glance at the sizzling food and sighed simultaneously. Without a word, we all worked in harmony until Luna came blazing through the door.

"YOU GUYS! OMIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODNESS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!"

With cries of "What?" "Are you okay?" and "What's wrong?", we hurried to Luna as one. As for Luna herself, she was practically hypervilenting, with a crazy look on her face.

After she swallowed nervously, she whispered, "Onew talked to me."

One second.

Two.

Three...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

That was all five of us, screaming happily.

"Really?"

"OMIGOSH! What really happened?"

"The details, girl! The DETAILS!"

"I can't believe this. How are you still alive?"

"SHUSH! LET HER TALK!" Vic umma said. "Now tell us, Luna!"

She took a deep breath. "Okay, so this happened...."

"...I was in the practice rooms, singing, and then I got so into the song I guess I didn't even know that HE came in. After I finished, he came up to me and I was all 'Omigoodness Onew!' so I bowed and said something like 'hello sunbaenim!' and he laughed and then said I was really good at singing, that I could probably debut in no time with such a voice. So I was all like 'thank you sunbaenim!' and he told me that I didn't have to be so stiff. So I tried to relax but it really didn't work and I think it showed because he laughed again and he has a beautiful laugh do you know that? And then he patted me-- omigoodness he TOUCHED me!-- on the shoulder and was all 'keep working hard' or something except I really can't remember because I was absolutely spazzing out and everything! I was all 'thank you sunbaenim' again and he told me to call him Onew sunbae so I stuttered something close to 'yes sir Onew sunbae sir' or something like that, he laughed again and then he left."

One second.

Two.

Three...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

That was, again, all of us screaming at once.

"Is this for real?"

"No way! Onew sunbae?"

"He touched you? HE TOUCHED YOU?"

"You actually talked to him! Omigosh!

"SHUSH! Give the girl some space to breathe. She might die of heart attack. Back away, back away..." Vic umma ordered. She helped Luna up, sat her at the dinner table, then served the food. We followed and sat ourselves down, with the youngest ones going to help the umma out, and then we all started eating and talking and laughing and spazzing and just having a beautifully wonderful time.

Ah, life, it just is awesome sometimes.