Chapter 5

"Overdoing" Life

Amb's Diary

My very first cake baking/making lesson was today! And let me tell you, dear diary, it was plain AWESOME. I even made my own little cake looking thingy! (I say cake looking thingy, because though it looked like a cake, it sure didn't taste anywhere near like one.)

The owner lady (turns out she's a Ms. Uhn) was really kind and I was floating everywhere during the whole lesson. Which is probably why my cake didn't taste like cake. But hey, it was my first try!

The guy with sunglasses and trenchcoat came by again, and since I see him so much, I asked him is name. He seemed hesitant (is my rich-son-theory true?!), so I offered to make him a name to call him instead. He looked surprised, or at least part of his face looked it, since most of it is covered, and then laughed, and then said yes.

So I named him MahnWon, since he always buys the ₩10,000 cake(s). In US dollars, it's $10 or so, and since he buys two every time, it's actually $20, but whatever. The ₩10,000 is pronounced Mahn-Won, thus his new name MahnWon. Pretty original, eh? Excuse me for a while as I pat Amber behind her back.

He seemed to really like the name, and I told him my name was Amber. So now we have names! Even if his is a fake one, who cares. He's not mysterious sunglasses trenchcoat guy anymore. You know how long that is to write? Pretty long. It tires me out. Which is why this is so awesome, to be able to shorten that long thingy to Mr. MahnWon!

As for my music job searching, well, I'm working on it. In class I'm working on another song. My friends, my wonderful friends, are actually trying to kiss up to some of the composers there to try admit me in as assistand composer! Sigh, I really love them.

Speaking of friends, (wait for it, wait for it...) Soojung finally introduced me to her sister!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAACKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (The reason why the aaaaaack is so short is because it's really tiring to write it all out, but let me tell you, the actual ACK! is about ten times longer.)

She was really nice, THE Jessica Jung, and I was really awkward. I also met THE Taeyeon and THE Seohyun, which was really awesome too. They were all nice, though I was surprised that almost everyone (excluding THE Seohyun, of course, since she's the good girl kind) swore, some excessively and some only occasionally. I guess since celebs get a lot of stress, it's almost a given (again the almost because THE Seohyun doesn't swear, according to THE Jessica and THE Taeyeon and Soojungie).

All in all, today was a wonderful, glorious, awesome, beautiful, unexplainable, trufluflufilible (word made by yours truly, patent waiting; means 'so happy you can't help but do Snoopy's happy dance and laugh crazily all day. Isn't it a wonderful word?) day.

And now you'll have to say goodbye to the greatly happy Amber Liu, for the greatly happy Amber Liu must go and have another wonderful time at Qian's, eating wonderful Chinese food.

Bye.


I looked up automatically when the bells clanged together, signalling the opening of the door. "Welcome to the Uhn's Cake Bakery!" I smiled. After a straightened up from the bow, I saw that it was Mr. MahnWon!

"Oh, hi Mr. MahnWon!" I waved.

He waved back, saying, "Hi, Miss Amber. May I have--"

"--two Chunky Choco Cheese Delight cakes?"

Mr. MahnWon laughed. "Yes, please." He seemed to look at me in an amused way, as if he can't believe the craziness of a random cashier.

"Coming right up!" I flashed a cheerful smile and got behind the counters, ringing up the thing to-- what else?-- ₩20,000.

He handed me the appropriate money, still grinning. "I feel like I'm giving myself away."

"I feel like I'm depriving you of yourself," I shot back. I went behind the counter to get him his two Chunky Choco Cheese Delights, all the while maintaining a fun conversation.

"That's true. I should sue you for that."

"Then I would argue that you are senile because you think money bills are yourself."

"Seems like a hopeless case for me, then."

"Ah, you realized it? I guess it's better late than never."

"A true statement."

"My statements are always true."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes! Just for you to know, all my college professors told me I'm super honest!"

"I would agree with your professors. You've graduated college?"

"Degree in music and performing arts!"

"Then why are you working here?"

My shoulders sagged. "Can't find myself a job yet. I'm trying to find a composing job or something, but I only have a few songs under my name." An overstatement-- I only had one and a half.

"...I could help you with that."

My head snapped up. "What?" (Actually, that was what I tried to say, except it probably came out as "Frwasghs?")

He smiled proudly. "Though I may not look like it, I know lots of influential people."

The only thought running through my head was "is he really a rich son guy?" But as I was a very polite woman, I didn't say this but instead said, "Really?" Or at least,something similar to that.

"Maybe after you have at least ten songs under you, come find me. I'll help you get a job." He paused, then said, "Miss Amber, maybe you should close your mouth. Flies are going to fly right in."

Mr. MahnWon laughed as I proceeded to bring my lips together. "Thank you, Mr. MahnWon! Omigoodness this is awesome!!!" I spazzed.

He checked the wall clock briefly, then smiled and bowed quickly to me. "I better get going. Have a nice day!"

"You too! Thanks for buying at Uhn's Cake Bakery!" I bowed back. The whole day, I simply could NOT hold in my happy smile.

This was the second awesome day in a row! WHAAAT.


Amb's Diary

Guess what?!! Mr. MahnWon turned out to be awesomer than awesome! (Since I don't have much time, this is going to be super short, but I just couldn't not write this! This is beautiful news, diary!! I am not kidding you!!!! Please, endure the coming squeal.)

So since I have like three songs, seven more to go! I'll be there in no time!!

Oh, who am I kidding. Not me, anyways. Those three took months. Great. I shouldn't have wasted all that time on Internet.

But hey, at least it's progress? I'll make it there sometime, even if it takes me a year or two. (Probably two.)

So gotta go to class, bye! :) I'm gonna be paying extra attention, of course. Music is my life, yo! :)