013

The Misfits: Lost King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was surrounded by Anri’s scent and he wasn’t sure what to do and how to react. When she had took his hands she let her this time. She seemed a bit upset and a bit shaken so he chalked it up to her searching for comfort, though he did hear her suggestive comment before. He simply had chosen not to react to it. Just for a moment he had allowed himself to imagine how her body would feel under his hands and he immediately had to reign himself in again. It didn’t help that her blood still called to him like a siren song to a fisher man. When she had flashed her dazzling smile at him, Sehun had a weak moment where he wanted to kiss her. It was surprising that he had any self control left.


He didn’t blame her for anything since the guards only did what they were taught to do, though he slowly started to despise Barathon. That he was Anri’s lover didn’t make the situation any better. 


Right now she looked sad and Sehun knew she wanted to ask him something but she didn’t. It irked him a bit but then he remembered again that he had said that he wouldn’t get involved with her. Well, so much regarding that. Luhan would have a great time seeing Sehun like this, wrapped around the little finger of an elf. Lucky for Sehun, Luhan was far, far away. 


Neyla’s image suddenly flashed in front of his eyes and Sehun abruptly pulled his hand away and stood up. 


What was he doing there?


 He couldn’t allow himself to open up to any woman again. The last woman he loved nearly destroyed his relationship to Luhan and then got herself killed. He hated her for what she did but he also still loved her somewhere in his heart. Besides, he was here complete a mission. After that he would leave again and they would be worlds apart. The thought frustrated him though, which in return irritated him. Sehun slammed his hands on the table in front of him when a laid on his shoulder. The scent of the ocean got stronger again.


“I will go,” Anri whispered. Her expression was completely blank, as well as her eyes. It infuriated Sehun seeing her like this, which in turn irritated himself even more. She left with a last look at him. Sehun kicked the chair next to him into pieces, a curse escaping his lips. He was bad at handling situations like this and it had gotten worse over time. The only woman he had kind of opened up to was Hana, but he still was not as close to her compared to some of the others. With a sigh, he sat down on the bed. Anri’s scent was still there, a sweet, alluring reminder that she had laid in his bed. 


“,” he muttered again, before he grabbed the mirror that Victoria had given him. The guards hadn’t searched his body so they hadn’t taken the mirror away from him. He didn’t really know what to do with it but the surface suddenly started to move until he could see Luhan’s face. His cousin seemed a bit surprised but there was also a smile on his face. “I didn’t expect you to call, or whatever we like to call this. It’s been nearly a week since I last heard from you.” It’s been only a few days for Sehun. This whole time distortion thing would truly with his sense for things.
“Sorry for not contacting you. Things have been… interesting to say the least.”


Sehun gave Luhan a quick recount of everything that has been happening during his time in Tír na nóg. A deep frown appeared on Luhan’s face and Sehun immediately know what was going through his cousin’s mind. “What happened in our world while I was away?”


Just for a moment Luhan was very silent. “Our people are disappearing, mostly younger, weaker Vampires. At first we thought it were the hunters but a quick check cleared them. Then we thought it may be some clusters supporters of Elijah’s but that was a false lead as well. Then we got reports that Vampires in South America and Europe are disappearing. We also heard rumors that some werewolves were disappearing as well, but we couldn’t confirm that yet. Since our contacts in eastern Asia seemed to have disappeared, we have no information about the situation there.”


Those news were very concerning. If those disappearances wouldn’t be solved, the tension between the races would snap. It would lead to an all out war with no winners. That disappearance of the Vampires reminded him of the strangely transformed elves. He had a hunch but he would need to talk to Niamh about it. “We will return to earth briefly in the next hour, or day for you, or however time works here. I will contact you when we are back. Might be that Kyo has to port to Korea or Japan. Make sure he’s around when I call you so he can approximately locate where he needs to port.”


Luhan disconnected with a stern nod and Sehun was alone again. Something inside him missed Anri.


Crap.


Why did he have to think of Neyla in such moments. He hated it. He despised it. 


A knock startled him out of his thoughts.


“Her scent is still here so I thought she would be still here,” Chanyeol said as he entered. “No, she left.”


Chanyeol looked at the shattered chair with a raised brow before he sat down on the table, next to Sehun. “Sooooo… you ed up?”


When Sehun didn’t answer, Chanyeol shifted his weight a bit and came closer to his friend. “I am not Luhan or Hana or Kai, or anyone who is good with words, but let me say this. Whatever is going on between you two, you shouldn’t let your past hinder you.” He took a deep breath, seemingly not sure what to say next. “You know, I never really talked about it since I thought it was no my place to talk to you or Luhan about it, but what Neyla was doing to you two was awful.”


That the woman he had loved in the past was a terrible person, Sehun was very aware of that. And everyone else probably had been aware of that way earlier. “It’s great that you two reconciled, thanks to Hana. She is a great influence on you both but now it’s just you. It’s all in there.” Chanyeol tipped against Sehun’s hand, who swatted it away. “What are you talking about? I barely know her. She is an heir to a throne,” Sehun sighed. Chanyeol on the other hand just rolled his eyes but smiled. “That’s a weak excuse. Also, who knows what might happen. Even if it’s just for the moment, you should enjoy it, no?”


Chanyeol was right. It’s been over 200 hundred years since he had any proper contact to any woman, except for the times he was feeding on one of the women in the special brothels. He still couldn’t shake his bad feeling though. Maybe it was impossible for him to ever get rid off it. His friend’s big hand patted his back gently. “You are too hard on yourself, Sehun. You need to let go. Let her go. Come, we let’s go see the young ones. They asked for you.”


The three of them jumped up when they saw Sehun, a relieved expression on their faces. “What’s with you guys? Where is all that arrogance from yesterday?”


They blushed slightly and Sehun relieved them out of the awkward situation by walking over and patting their shoulders gently. He then sat down and signed them to do the same. When he asked them about possible Vampire disappearances their faces turned dark for a second. “Some of our friends have disappeared. At first we thought it was just a phase, you know? As in, they needed time to find themselves.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter