007

The Misfits: Lost King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The flower gate in front of them parted like a flowing curtain. The intense note of spring flowers and rain hit Sehun. If he wouldn’t be used to Luhan’s presence, the smell would have made his knees weak. It took them all a moment to get used to the blinding light that welcomed them as they stepped into the court. Luscious green welcomed them, the court a fest of colours. Dark green vines s up the white marble pillars at the side of the court. Light pink flowers peaked out between the leaves of the vines. Madames le Coultre grew down from the very top of the pillars down to the ground, where they met with lavender and chrysanthemums. A trail of gentians lead them up to a big tree that hosted a massive thrown at its trunk. The thrown didn’t looked carved so it must have grown their, with the help of some magic. It arched high at the top where it enclosed a golden looking gem, which seemed to be the source of the bright light.


On the throne sat a beautiful woman, her very long blond hair was braided to an elaborate hair do with flowers and a crown that sat prettily on top of her head. She looked ethereal, her skin pale and glowing. Her eyes were of an intense green that made emeralds look dull. She appeared to be young and old at the same time, her age difficult to estimate. A woman sitting to her feet was playing a soft melody on a harp, not minding the elven advisers that tried to speak on the woman on the throne. They all wore long robes made out of silk but the queen’s dress was what stood out the most. It was of a lavender colour, see through at the top and panned out into lots of layers at the bottom. Butterflies sat on the dress at the hem, their iridescent wings reflecting the light softly. 


Her green eyes darted into their direction and it took Sehun everything he got not suppress the shudders. It felt like someone tried to invade his mind for a second, leaving the echo of a slight headache. As he glanced at Kai and Taemin his friends looked normal but Kai’s hands cramped. So he had felt it, too. 
They stopped in front of the throne and as Victoria bowed her head, Sehun and the others followed suit. She took her place silently at the end of the group of some people, trying to assure Sehun with her gaze that everything will be alright. It was very silent for a while. Niamh stared at them with her piercing eyes, her face neutral. It was impossible to read what was going through her mind, so Sehun stepped forward. “Queen Niamh, it’s an honor to meet you. I am the American Vampire king’s cousin and advisor, Sehun.”


Niamh still stared at him, her face ever so unreadable. Her advisers stared at him as well, but the emotions on their faces where clear. Disgust. Disdain.
“I am here on his behalf due to the accusations regarding the rabbit incident and the falcon Ty which belongs to the head of the Sanguera, Kai.” Sehun made a polite gesture towards Kai, who tilted his head with respect. 


It was silent again. Niamh just stared at them, and quite unsure how to handle the situation, he turned slightly to his friends who were just as clueless as him. Even though he had been taught in diplomacy Sehun was a fighter first and foremost. He had spend hundreds of years using his abilities to kill and hunt, not to speak and dance around aristocratic people. Niamh was whole other caliber though. She was a queen to a race that could go to war with Sehun’s people and this time they were not sure if the Vampires could take the elves on. They had enough on their hands now, not considering the situation in Europe, let alone Asia where the contact to the vampires had come to a halt completely. It was a problem he had to take care of when they were back in their world.


Niamh suddenly stood up. She was a tall beauty, nearly as tall as Sehun. She was perfect beauty, breathtaking, glowing, and probably downright cruel as well. Sehun would not make the mistake to underestimate her. She then proceeded to bow lightly, and a waft of that summer air hit him.

“I welcome you, Sehun, to the Seelie court and the world of Tír na nóg, which you better know as Annwyn.” He voice was soft and soothing, like rain on parched earth. It sounded like a lullaby, a sweet and serene sing-song. It took Sehun a lot to focus on her actual words and not just the sound of her voice. She waved with her elegant hands and 3 chairs appeared out of nowhere. Niamh pointed them to sit, and they sat down quietly and slightly confused. Niamh nodded at one of her guards who disappeared between the trees before she turned her attention to Sehun, Taemin and Kai again.


“The allegations against the Falcon are false. It was just a pretense to get some of you into our world.”


An uneasy feeling bloomed inside Sehun. His hands clenched to fists before he opened them up again. He was not sure what kind of game the elves played.

He had only read rumors from the olden times that elves were very secretive and that their politics was a dangerous play between the different players.

Taemin cleared his throat, speaking up for the first time now. “Your majesty, I am not sure-” She silenced him by raising her hand and shaking her head. Taemin’s mouth shut immediately. He swallowed his words, bitterly, but he held on to court manners. 


“My advisers told me that it wouldn’t be the best idea to start an outright war with the remaining races on earth and since many have forgotten us, it would have been the best to lure you into our world. Since one of my hand maidens does frequent your world regularly they thought that your part of the world would be the best connection point. It has worked perfectly.”


Ty croaked, demanding attention from Kai which he gave the bird of prey. “So that means I am not in danger of losing Ty?” Kai asked carefully. Niamh nodded sitting back down on her throne. For a moment it looked like the golden stone shone brighter for a moment before it returned to its normal glow. “The falcon is safe. It’s a falcon after all. It hunts and eats.” She shrugged, the straps of her dress sliding down her shoulders. “Then, why did you want us here?” Sehun asked. Niamh’s eyes trained on Sehun and again he felt like someone tried to invade his mind. His mental shield held though, even though it took him some effort to not give in. “Maybe you can explain me, cousin of the Vampire king, what vampires are doing in our lands, uninvited?”


Niamh’s tone turned cold and all alarm bells started to ring in his hands. “Your majesty, I don’t know what you mean. If we are unwelcome in your lands we will leave immediately.”


The air had turned hostile and Sehun had noticed the increase in guards. If they would need to fight they would die. “I am not talking about you lot,” she said with an irritated undertone. The guard, who had disappeared before, came back with two more guards and each of them carried a body on their shoulders. They dumped them in front of Sehun’s feet and cut the mouth guards of the 3 young guys that were obviously vampires. They were conscious and immediately flashed their fangs at the elven guards, who pointed their weapons at them in retaliation. 


Confused, Sehun looked at Kai and Taemin. None of them had seen any of those 3 before. Given that they couldn’t know every Vampire in North America since the country was just so big, Vampires like the 3 in front of them wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter