009

The Misfits: Lost King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anri had been interested in Sehun the moment she had seen him on his way to the court. Up until now she hadn’t had any contact with any Vampire until the 3 invaders came. They seemed young though, and she had only watched them from afar, and had heard about them from servants who had looked after them. The moment she laid eyes on him, she knew that he was different. There was a different air around him, and he carried himself differently from the other Vampires, who seemed to be his friends. He might not have noticed it about himself but he was just different. It did help that he was very handsome and exactly her type. 


She was a couple of centuries old but by then all the elves had moved to Tír na nóg. Anri herself had been born in the lands of her ancestors and she had never left it. Everything that was not from her world was highly interesting. It had surprised her when the younger Vampire had spit in his face and he hadn’t punish it. If that would have happened with and elf, punishment would have been imminent. Instead he just had repeated his question calmly but the display of subtle power had sent exciting tingles down her spine. It just was so different from elves and all their arrogance and high-and-mightiness. 


The visit had been an impulse decision since just wanted to take a look at him, but she hadn’t expected him to know that she was there. Anri had heard about the super natural speed of the Vampires, their super natural senses but she clearly had underestimated it. Her heart hat stuttered for a moment when the knife missed her hand just by a hair’s breadth. Just for a moment she had seen something like panic in his eyes, so as if he had awoken from a bad dream but they had returned to his usual blank stare quickly. She wasn’t quite sure why she had laid down next to him, or why she had grabbed him when he had wanted to leave but it had bothered her greatly that he actually had wanted to get away from her. Seeing him lying under her had stirred something inside her. He had big hands that would fir perfectly around her waist.


Now though she was just angry. Her ego was hurt by him sending her away. She had spared him no second glance and now she was stomping towards her rooms in in the royal palace. The guards stood straighter when she passed them but she paid them no attention, her red hair fluttering behind her dramatically. The west wing of the quarters belonged to her and her brother, Lancaeron. His rooms where a bit more Spartan in design that hers but the overall layout where pretty much the same. She had added more flowers and her bed was huge with loads of silk pillows and extra silk blankets in blue and white. There were gold ornaments in every room she had - golden leaves in her bed room, golden flowers in her living room and golden sea shells in her private bath, which contained a shower and a huge bathtub. Her dressing room’s mirrors had golden frames  and golden work inlaid into the ceiling.


With a huff, she let herself fall on her bed. She should have punched Sehun. Then again Niamh wouldn’t be too happy about her punching the guests. Anri didn’t have to fear any retaliation from her aunt but having her angry was something Anri definitely didn’t want. A knock made her sit up. Her brother entered without waiting for her answer. Even though she had told him many times to wait, he just would enter anyways. “What do you want, Lance?” She liked to shorten her brother’s name, just like everyone shortened her name. “Where were you?” His light blue eyes weren’t as intense as hers but they could still stare anyone down. 


“Around,” was her vague answer. He raised his brow, she just rolled her eyes. “Don’t tell me you taking a look at the Vampires.”As she didn’t answer, he slammed his hand onto the desk closest to him. “Anri, I told you already that they are dangerous. In my opinion they should be send back immediately. They don’t belong in our world.” Lance had a deep aversion to anything that was alien and not familiar to him. Sometimes this aversion even extended to other elves he didn’t know. “Listen, brother. I am not a fledgling anymore. I can look after myself. The decision if they can stay or not is not yours. It’s our aunt’s.” His hands clenched into fists and the faint growl of a hound could be heard. “Why are you really here, Lance?”


From his initial angry reaction it must have been something he didn’t like at all. He growled, taking a deep breath in. “Niamh wants us to attend the breakfast with the Vampires.” He basically spit out the last word. “To show the court from its best side. You are going to fetch them up an them into the palace.”


Ah. That’s why her brother was in such a rage. In his opinion Anri should never the leave the palace, and stay in it like a beautifully caged bird, just to keep her safe, and now that her aunt had ordered her to have contact with the Vampires, a foreign species in her brother’s eyes, he was about to have a fit. Anri loved her brother very much but his over-protectiveness was suffocating at times. Not that the news excited her that much, especially not after that her storming out of Sehun’s room, calling him boring, which in hindsight had been quite rude. His calm demeanor to their encounter had just pushed all her buttons.


“If there is nothing else, Lance, then let me prepare in peace.” 


Anri’s brother stormed out, anger still very visible on his face but she couldn’t pay that any mind now. She wasn’t quite sure how to face Sehun now, but if her aunt wanted her to the Vampires she would play her roll in all this. She took her time though with showering. Her hand mindlessly wandered over her shoulder to her best crept secret and her big shame that she hid from everyone. Just few knew about it and it would stay that way. After showering she just walked over to her dressing room, scanning the clothes in it shortly. Anri knew that she was a beautiful woman with a near perfect body, but so were many other elves, female and male. Her aunt was considered the pinnacle of elven beauty and Anri agreed. Niamh was one of the most beautiful women she knew and wars had bed waged just because of her.


In the end Anri decided on a dark green dress, that would flow with every of her movement perfectly. There were gold streaks worked into the actual dress part. The top was slightly see through, something that no elf would really mind. They were quite the physically and ually race and neither of them were body shy. If the Vampires would have a problem with that, well then she couldn’t help them. She also put on some golden bracelets, arm bracelets and rings, and she braided her long hair. Taking a look at herself she nodded in satisfaction. It would do for a breakfast.


The morning light was warm, a soft caress on her skin, as she stepped out into the yard that connected the west

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter