Ch. 4- Not So Good First Impressions

My Personal Angel

This update will be split into Myungyeol and Yadong! With bits of Woogyu too!

Hope you enjoy!

v(^_^)v


"Hyunsung-ah, hurry and get your backpack before we are late for daycare! I can't believe I forgot to set my alarm. On the otherhand, you did wake up before me, but still! Ugh! I don't want to get fired yet!"

Hyunsung watched his dad (mom) run around the house, cluthing Pororo close to him. Sunggyu ran around the house as he puts on his shirt, pants, tie, and whatever else there is. His son just watches in amusement seeing his dad like this. He smiles at Sunggyu and hums Pororo's theme song to himself.

After five minutes, they were finally heading out the door and to the car. Before Sunggyu turned the engine on, he made sure Hyunsung was sitting on the booster seat and seatbelt tightly on. Hyunsung pouted at the constriction but dealt with it because he was thinking of Sooyeol. The little body smiled, holding Pororo close to his chest.

When they arrived there quickly as ever (Sunggyu probably ran a one or two red lights, but nobody needs to know that) Hyunsung took off his seatbelt and bolted out of the car. Sunggyu ran after him, tired and slow like the grandpa he is. He finally caught up to Hyunsung who was talking adamantly  to Sungyeol. The latter was on his knees smiling and laughing at Hyunsung.

"Hyunsung! You shouldn't leave like that! I didn't even park the car." Sunggyu kneeled down and placed his hands on Hyunsung's shoulders. "Next time wait for me okay? I don't want something to happen to you." A few tears slipped from Hyunsung's eyes which made Sunggyu feel guilty as ever. So his father wiped them away and kissed the other's small, round cheeks.

"I'm sorry daddy. I'm just excited to see Sooyeol. I will be more careful next time," Hyunsung's eyes widen, "Oh no! Daddy you're gonna be late for work! Hurry daddy!" Sunggyu realized that and ran back to his car with a wave goodbye to his son.

"Hyunsung-ah, your dad is very amusing, isn't he?" Sungyeol stood up and held onto the boy's hands.

"He is very funny! Mommy makes me laugh everyday!"

The boy smiled at Sungyeol making the other laugh. Suddenly, a car parked, and out came a person who Sungyeol didn't recognize very well. But then he remembered he was the one dropped Sooyeol off the first day. However, this time he was wearing sunglasses. Sungyeol wondered why since it wasn't that sunny. It was acutally quite cloudy and the weatherman said it's supposed to rain today.

Sungyeol and even Hyunsung stared at the man weirdly. Though the moment Hyunsung saw Sooyeol holding onto the other man's hand: he ran like there was no tomorrow. He body slammed Sooyeol into a hug, shocking both the adults.

"H-Hyunsung-ah! Please get off! You're very big!" Hyunsung reluctantly got off before he gave the other a kiss to the forehead. With cheeks that were tinted pink, Sooyeol pressed his small palm to his forehead. "W-What was that for?"

The other boy smiled at him. "It's because my mommy said that he loves me that he can kiss me on the forehead! I love you so I can kiss you there too!"

Sungyeol stared at the adorable scene as he covered his laugh behind his hand. He looked up to see the other guy (who he forgot was there), walked up to him, and bowed to him. Like Sungyeol was friends with him, he held out his hand to shake. It didn't faze the other though.

"Um, shake hands? Do you not know how to?"

They stared at each other until the stanger took Sungyeol's hand. What he said next, though, surprised Sungyeol.

"You must be my fan since you're asking me to shake your hand. I don't do this very much so you should be grateful. I'm a relative of Sooyeol, kind of like his uncle. I'm his mom's cousin, so, yeah. I think I'm going to go before this gets even more awkward. Actually, all of this is awkward since I don't talk this long but I didn't want you think I was some sort of e because I feel like you're the type that makes assumptions. Well, bye. Take care off Sooyeol for me!"

He let go of Sungyeol's hand and walked back to his sleek, black, new car. The latter stood there stunned at what just happened. In a tenth of second, however, the stranger turned around and took off his sunglasses like he was in a commercial. Of course, Sungyeol stood there with his mouth open; not knowing what to say.

"Thank you for being Kim Myungsoo's, L's, moi, fan!" With an adieu and a wave goodbye, he finally left in that recently bought car of his.

Sungyeol was still standing there, trying to rack out his brain to what just happened. Hyunsung and Sooyeol walked over and each took one of Sungyeol's hands. "Mr. Lee, what is wrong? Did my uncle being a meanie to you? I can tell my mommy about it!" The other boy shook his head.

"My mommy says it's not good to tell on others. Though if he is being a meanie than you should! I don't like seeing Mr. Lee being bullied!"

Both boys tugged onto Sungyeol's hand as they pull him inside the daycare center. Sungjong was standing at the reception desk organizing when he saw the two boys drag Sungyeol inside. He watched in amusement at the sight wondering what happened for Sungyeol to be in that...state. Sungjong smiled at his dazed hyung and walked over to the three.

"Hyunsung, Sooyeol, what are you two doing with Mr. Lee?"

They both look up at him, smiling innocently. "My uncle was being a meanie to Mr. Lee," said Sooyeol who was clucthing tightly onto Sungyeol's hand. Hyunsung agreed with a firm nod of his head.

"Ah! I see. Well, thank you for taking care of Mr. Lee. I will take him now. You two head on into the room." Sungjong took his brother from Hyunsung and Sooyeol who ran off. The younger looked back at the older and shook his head. "Sungyeol-hyung, anywhere in that empty and child like brain of yours?" That seemed to snap Sungyeol out since he glared at his brother.

"Yah! Lee Sungjong! I'm not child like! Also my brain is empty! I'm very smart, handsome, and...and...and whatever other positive thing out there the human world! Because he obviously isn't human! More like a demon who has come to wreck, no, destroy the world!" Sungyeol grabbed his hair in anger and frustration. "I can't believe he had the audacity to say that I make assumptions?! And that I should be grateful! Grateful!"

Sungjong backed away from his brother, his hands up, not wanting to get hurt.

"Also! Also who calls themselves 'Moi' these days? He is freaking Korean not French! Unless he is a mix, but I don't think he is... Whatever! Ugh! Kim Myungsoo! L! Who calls themselves L? I don't understand that freak!"

Sungyeol finally cooled down after ranting his head off. Sungjong was just surprised the other hasn't fainted yet because to him, it looked like his brother didn't even breath during that. After a couple of minutes Sungyeol finally calmed down; taking deep breaths.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Don't even think about him, Lee Sungyeol. People like that who boast themselves don't deserve your attention! That's right! You're the mighty Lee Sungyeol! You're more mature than that...brat.

"Wait!" Sungjong literally ran to his brother (who was only like a few feet away) and placed his hands on Sungyeol's shoulders. "You're saying the person, who made you rant in anger, was the Kim Myungsoo?! More known as L?!" Sungyeol nodded his head with a dramatic roll of his eyes.

"Yes that is him. Also why do you emphasize 'the'. Is he like important or something? He called me his friend and that I should be grateful." Sungyeol snarled the last word and punched the wall next to him. Sungjong made a self reminder to get that wall fixed.

"Sungyeol-hyung, you don't know who L is? He is like a famous actor and model! He does photography every so often as well! L isn't that bad! You did say you like guys who are into photography!"

Sungyeol turned his head to side, blushing slightly. He shook his head and started to walk to the room where all the children were playing. His brother ran after him saying how amazing Myungsoo looks in photos and amazing photos he can take.

Cue another rolling eyes dramatically.

Photographer my ! I don't like him one bit!

They both stepped into the room with bright smiles as ever like the blinding sun. Sungjong walked on over to play with the kids as Sungyeol stood there and watched them. Hyunsung and Sooyeol came over and held his hands.

"Don't worry, Mr. Lee. The both us will protect you!"

Sungyeol couldn't help but smile at the two boys as they made his day less cloudy.

 

 

 

And maybe another certain person as well...

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Dongwoo trotted through from the entrance of Nuclear Entertainment building all the way to the elevator. He smiled at the receptionist, waved to the coffee boy, and bowed to everyone. As he got into the elevator, he noticed that his shoelaces were untied. Well, what would be the only way to tie the laces? Of course, bend over to tie them!

He got on one knee as the elevator started to close. Suddenly, a hand stopped it and another person stepped inside. Dongwoo didn't notice the other person despite a pair of shoes in front of him. The other person didn't notice Dongwoo either since the latter was tying his shoes: he just thought Dongwoo must be a trainee or someone about to debut. 

When the elevator got to the third floor, the guy stepped out of the elevator. During that time, Dongwoo was still tying his shoelaces. Then right at the moment Dongwoo stood up, the guy could see Dongwoo's face perfectly. It was just a crack between the elevator doors, but he was able to get a good glimpse of Dongwoo.

At that same moment, Dongwoo saw the face of the stranger through that crack as well. Both of their eyes widen at the same time. On the other side of the doors, Dongwoo saw the other standing there with his mouth open. Dongwoo reached out, but it was already too late: the doors had closed and went up to the fifth floor.

"T-That can't be." He shook his head and clutched onto the end of his shirt. "That can't be him. I haven't seen him for such a long time. He wouldn't work here. H-He just can't be... Woohyun would have told me."

Ding!

The elevators door opened as Dongwoo slowly stepped out. Everybody on that floor were looking at him weirdly, wondering what was going on with him. Was he having an internal battle? Sick? ...Maybe even crazy?

When Dongwoo stood in front of the doors that led to the dance studio, he took deep breaths to calm down his erratic heartbeat. With a hand to his chest, Dongwoo stepped inside with a smile that could rival the brightness of the sun. All of the trainees stood up and bowed to Dongwoo.

"Hello! I'm Jang Dongwoo! I'm will be your guy's dance teacher and choreographer for idol groups. I hope we get along! Please take care of me!" Dongwoo bowed to the trainees and smiled at them. "Alright, how about we do a few excercises to stretch out our bodies?" Dongwoo walked to the front, back facing them.

Everybody groaned but the moment Dongwoo turned around to face them with a menacing smile. Totally opposite from earlier. This got the trainees to straighten up and follow along with the excercises. Dongwoo smiled at everybody's enthusiasm.

"That's the spirit! If you won't do as I say, then I don't believe you have the right to be here! Understand?!" All of them nodded their heads making Dongwoo smile wider.

"Good! Let's begin then!"

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Hoya almost dropped his cup of coffee when he saw the other guy. He couldn't really believe it. No, he didn't want to believe it. Many years have passed since then. There was no reason for the him to be here. Hoya shook the thought off and walked away from the elevators. Standing there would attract weird looks and he didn't want that.

He made his rounds of asking for certain files and updates on people who are going to audition and whatever else. Next, he went over to the financing department to make sure is going well. No money means no money for the idols which means no money for the company. Hoya's expertise varied greatly making him a great asset to the company. One of the many reasons why Woohyun hired him.

Female workers were staring at the handsome Hoya since he was black skinny jeans, white v-neck shirt, red Nike shoes, and a red cardigan to go along with it. Today he decided to wear something more casual. Another reason, he wouldn't tell others, is that he kind of spilled juice on his black button-up shirt.

When he remembered the incdient from this morning, another round of memories aroused.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Hoya! Look at what you did to yourself!"

Hoya stared down at his shirt that now had orange juice spilled on it. Then came his best friend to save the day with a towel. Hoya questioned where his friend got the towel but didn't ask.

The two of them were sitting on top of the roof during lunch. Hoya's friend brought food from home since his mom cooked for Hoya and his friend. While his friend was cleaning Hoya's shirt, Hoya continued to eat his sandwhich.

"Aigoo~ Hoya-ah, what would do without me?"

Hoya look down at his friend, who was smiling as bright as the sun. However, Hoya thought his friend's smile was even brighter than the sun. It would make Hoya's days bright, happy, and fun. All he need is his best friend and dance. Those two are the only things he need. Though, he would give up dance right away for his friend.

"Thank you, D--"

 

FLASKBACK ENDS

 

"Howon-sshi! Could you please come over here! I would like to discuss a problem with you."

Hoya snapped out of his thoughts and turned around to face his co-worker. "I'm coming. I also want to ask you something too." The both of them walked together to an office.

"What would you like to ask me, Howon-sshi?" He looked at the co-worker and sighed. Hoya ran his hand through his hair. A few of the female workers fan themselves at the sight.

"Do we have someone new working here?" The guy's eyes lit up with a smile.

"Yes we do! Mr. Nam just hired him a week ago. Someone from the States if I'm correct. I think from New York? I think he is the new choreographer/dance teacher."

Hoya stopped in his tracks. His body went cold, goosebumps rising all over his skin. On instinct, he turned around and headed to the elevator. The other guy called out to Hoya but ignored. Taking big strides, Hoya almost tripped on his own feet.

No! It can't be him! Woohyun-hyung couldn't have hired him. He would have told me if he had hired Dongwoo.

Dongwoo...

I don't believe it. I won't believe it.

He got inside the elevator and pressed the button to the fifth floor many times. It was like he was about to kill the button just from pressing it so many times. The elevators closed, and went up to the fifth floor. However, it stopped at the fourth floor.

There were a bunch of people about to get onto the elevator, but Hoya quickly pressed the close door button. "I'm sorry, but I'm in a hurry right now!" The doors closed one again and went up one more level.

When the doors opened, Hoya ran out, accidentally bumping into someone. He apologized to the person and went on his way. His feet, body, mind, and heart brought him to the dance studio. One hand on the door knob, another holding onto the end of his cardigan. Hoya took deep breaths and slowly opened the door.

Music resounded in his ears. Beats of the stereo going to his toes to his head. The smell of sweat and hardwork invaded his nose. And feet skidding on the hardwood floor: all of them attacked his heart and mind.

Right when the music stopped, the person dancing alone in the studio turned around to see he had a one man audience. Hoya shook his head once, twice, thrice, and many more. He took a few steps forward, though they were hesitant. The other did the same with a lopsided smile.

"Hey, Hoya, it has been a while, hasn't it?" Hoya scoffed at how the other was being so friendly.

"It has been a long time, Dongwoo-sshi."

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Sunggyu was going through files one more while Woohyun was typing something on the laptop. The latter would take glances at Sunggyu, wondering how the other is doing. Sunggyu would do the same as well.

Though whenever they caught each other, well, staring at each other, both of them would turn away. Neither of them saw or even realize the blush on their cheeks. Like nothing happened, they continued with their work.

People came and left, dropping papers or some sort of announcement. One thing peaked Sunggyu's interest. He leaned to the right to listen in to Woohyun's conversation with one of the music producers.

"Woohyun, I think for the next project we have, a worker from the company should write the song. I think it would be interesting. There must be some talent that is secretly hiding. What do you think?"

Woohyun let out a sigh and rubbed his temples. "I don't know, hyung. Can't we just go with the songs we usually use? I have other things to think about."

"I know, but I think this idea is creative and fresh. We might even have a new song writer/composer in our midst! Then that person would obviously have to sing that song as well." Woohyun closed his eyes and thought abou it. The idea enticed him, but he wasn't sure if people or even idols will like the song that is chosen.

A few more minutes passed as Woohyun let out another sigh. Sunggyu thought it wasn't such a bad idea. Deep inside he even had the desire to enter it. The music producer stood there a bit annoyed that Woohyun hadn't said anything.

"Alright! We will go with your idea, however, if there aren't any songs I like, then we won't use any of the songs." The music producer nodded his head happily and left with a smile and thank you, of course. Woohyun turned his head to face Sunggyu. "Sunggyu-sshi, go back to work."

"Y-Yes, Mr. Nam!" Sunggyu went back to work: looking through files.

The sight of a flustered Sunggyu amused Woohyun as he went back to typing away.