Chapter Two

They Don't Know About Us

 

 

 

…Du-geun du-geun-du-geun-du-geun ddeol-ryeo-o-neun nae-ga-seum

 

 

“Woah, what happened in there?”  I thought while putting my right hand in my chest.

 

Jessica- unnie and I were just talking, hugging and being silly, so why did my heart beat so fast that I started hearing Love Rain’s OST (I had to get away for her not to notice)? We talk and hug all the time. What is happening here? Am I going crazy (hearing songs when it’s not even playing in actuality)? Or is it because…it can’t be that I---? Nah…

 

Maybe I was walking so fast, thinking of what just happened that I didn’t notice that Jessica-unnie fell behind. I looked back and saw her staring at Yuri-unnie.  

 

Yuri-unnie?

 

Jessica-unnie is looking at Yuri-unnie? No freaking way! Are we going to fight over Yuri-unnie secretly now? B-but, I don't want to. I'm not even sure if I can fight over Yuri-unnie when it comes to Sica-unnie.

 

Is this even normal? Not wanting to fight for the one you love because it’s with someone you like?

 

I noticed that Sica-unnie doesn’t seem to look at Yuri-unnie the way I look at her but maybe Sica-unnie is being careful about it. My members have really mastered the art of being discreet since I can only notice these little things on occasion. W-wait that would mean Sica-unnie likes g-girls also? Impossible! I better stop thinking about these things or I’ll hear another song in my head about jumping to conclusions.

 

 I waited for Jessica-unnie before devouring the free food, not surprised that Sooyoung-unnie was already there.

 

 "Ayo, Yoong let's eat" Sooyoung-unnie said munching.

 

“I will. I’ll even beat you to it; I’m just waiting for Sica-unnie”

 

"What did I miss?" Sica-unnie arrived, locking her right arm with mine.

 

"Yah, Sica, let go of Yoong for once. You're too clingy."

 

 "Maybe you're just jealous, Sooyoungie? Here, I'll cling on you too" Locking her left arm with Sooyoung-unnie’s.

 

I told yah, Sica-unnie love us 90's kids.

 

 I just shake my head and chuckled. “Aish, these two are really close, way before we debuted just like Yuri-unnie and I”  I whispered to myself.

 

Did I say it out loud since Sooyoung-unnie started to either make fun of me or is it Sica-unnie?

 

"Me? Jealous? Please. I only get jealous when somebody ate more than me. But this might get somebody jelly. You know Sica, I saw Yoong teased Yuri earlier at the end on of the concert telling---“

 

“Sooyoung-unnie, why are you listening in other people’s conversation?” I said in awe.

 

“Why? I just heard you telling Yuri that even with all the screaming and adoration, you are still her number one fan. You’re such a Yul fan girl! Sica~yah, Yuri giggled, she even hit Yoong in the arms and you know when Yuri hits people in the arm, right? Too bad for you eh" Sooyoung-unnie smirked.

 

 I don’t really understand where this conversation is going or even coming from but I saw HellSica being unleashed, glaring icily and kicking Sooyoung-unnie making her yelp.

 

“Help Yoong, our Sica-unnie is turning into a jelly, ace-hating person” Sooyoung-unnie giggled, went into my back and made me her wall.

 

I now, seriously don’t understand why jelly ace was even mentioned by Sooyoung-unnie. Is her love for food turning her into a wittingly nonsense person?

 

“Yah, Choi Sooyoung, you want to die?”

 

"There is n-no need to shed blood in here Sica-unnie. Sooyoung-unnie, stop mentioning random food when HellSica is on the loose”

 

“I didn’t even mention food, I said jelly, ace-ha---“

 

“Hey! Choi”

 

“W-well, o-okay. Yes, Yuri-unnie's my number one but Sica-unnie is my second bias too” Hoping to calm the atmosphere (if it was really ruffled in the first place).

 

"Yah, why am I just second?" Or not.

 

"D-don't worry unnie, I think you're Sooyoung-unnie's first."

 

I was just saying that as a joke but I think I hit a spot for Sooyoung-unnie because I can honestly say that I saw a tint of red. Does Sooyoung-unnie like Sica-unnie? Why am I finding this all out now? How long have I been blind?

 

Sooyoung-unnie likes Sica-unnie; Sica-unnie seems to like Yuri-unnie and I like Yuri-unnie, this is so messed up…

 

 

 

Yuri's POV

 

 

 

I shrugged off my thoughts and walk around greeting other people when I saw Yoona, Sooyoung and Jessica having fun while in the buffet area. The shikshins! I accidentally heard of their conversation regarding what Yoong told me earlier. The thought made me smile. Yoong said that she’s my number one fan but as their banter progress I also overheard that she pointed out Sica-unnie, as her second bias (not that I’ve been secretly listening for a while).

 

"Yuri-noona, congratulations!"

 

I saw Minho coming over me after departing from Seohyun’s friend. I shifted my attention on him, not that my whole attention is on SooYoonSic’s conversation, I’m just not that good with paying attention to everything.

 

"Thank you, Minho. You're getting cosy with Seohyun's friend huh?" I .

 

"W-what? It's not what you think. I-I was just being friendly"

 

"Flirtingly friendly?"

 

"A-ah, don't be like that, noona. You're still number one on my list"

 

 "You have a list?" I raised an eyebrow.

 

"hehehe Yes, but you're my number one, noona."

 

“Fine, whatever you say” I left chuckling, knowing he’s getting shy with my teasing.

 

People tend to have their lists of favourite individuals these days. I know it may be selfish to ask or even hope that someday that person would realize that…

 

"I don't want to be number one; I want to be the only one."

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

 

 

Sooyoung is my best friend but she can be such a pain sometimes. She knows my secret of liking Yoona but she always teases me secretly and sarcastically about it. I don’t know if she’s helping me confess in a way or she’s just really trying to get on my nerves.

 

“W-well, o-okay. Yes, Yuri-unnie's my number one but Sica-unnie is my second bias too”

 

I don't think I’m that happy of being just second, second to Yuri, of all people. Yuri was and is always first when it comes to Yoona. Her first best friend, her first solo roommate, her first famous pairing…I want to be Yoona’s first something, too.

 

"D-don't worry unnie, I think you're Sooyoung-unnie's first."

 

As much as I love Sooyoungie, I somehow felt a little awkward with what Yoona had said. All right, she’s my best friend and all but I don't think I can see her in another way like I can see Yoong anytime soon. However, all Yoona said was about being a fan and a bias list, right? Why am I being malicious and getting so worked up about it? Jung Jessica, snap out of it before you dream of something nasty!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah…Good…There…Closer…Great…Yuri…More…Yoona…”

 

 

 

 

“Great. Good job everyone. Fifteen-minute break.”

 

 

 

 Yoona’s POV

 

 

 

Yuri-unnie and I are here in a super secret photo shoot for a magazine cover. I was really happy when I first knew about it because it would mean that I get to spend some time with Yuri-unnie, alone and the concept – in bed. I had to control my gleefulness when in set and put this too-cool-to-care-façade so people wouldn’t notice that I’m in cloud nine right now.

 

It’s not that I’m thinking byun things about Yuri-unnie all the time. I’m not like that even if Yul-unnie is getting really, superbly cool and hot these days, not that she wasn’t before. We’re roommates so I get to hang around Yuri-unnie in the four corners of our room, witness her in clothes only me and our members…and maybe her mother…are allowed to see and talk to her about things that the two of us can only share.

 

 

"Yoona~yah, let's take a photo?" Yuri-unnie sat next to me, smiling. Gawd, that smile…

 

“Are you going to post it on your IG, unnie?” I asked curiously.

 

“Maybe. Why? You wouldn’t want to be seen with me?” She faked-pout.

 

“O-of course, I want to be seen with you, Yul.” I pouted also.

 

“Did you just call me Yul? Dropping honorifics while we’re still on set? That’s cute. Are you that worried?” Yuri said smirking.

 

“Yah, stop teasing me Yul…unnie” I giggled.

 

I stopped using the word “unnie” with Yuri a long time ago. She suggested it herself out of the blue way before we started filming for Hello Baby. It was uncomfortable at first but I got used to it when we were alone together. I only now call her with unnie when we’re out in public, and I’m glad that we’re that comfortable with each other.

 

“I’ll stop teasing but you have to be really funny in the pic, okay? Ready, hana…dul…set…say unnie!”

 

I leaned over Yuri-unnie and was about to laugh at her remark while being photographed but I'm wearing something elegant and smiling like a Cheshire cat would be bizarre and maybe obvious if ever these would come out.

 

“Yah, Yoong, you seem so reserve? Is this really you? That’s a frail smile.” Yuri-unnie said, pointing at the picture.

 

“U-unnie, why are you so in the mood of teasing me?” I pouted.

 

"Aren't you happy being stuck with me today"? She pouted too.

 

"O-of course I am.” I wouldn't want my day to be spent otherwise.

 

“Then just take pleasure in what we’re having right now…like this one” She said, tickling me.

 

I almost forgot that we’re in a photo shoot because we're being our dorm selves, laughing so hard when suddenly I heard a clicking sound.

 

"Yah, you took another photo, unnie? Let me see” I attempted to grab her phone.

 

"No can do. This photo is for my memory only" She smiled leaving, to resume for a photo shot.

 

But I want something precious to retain in my memory also…

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

 

 

Yoona and Yuri are doing a photo shoot today. I can't help but feel jealous, miserable, lying on our dorm couch doing nothing but being stuck with our maknae today. I like Seohyun, she's sweet and she speaks her mind, but we never really bonded unlike Yoona since she has and always been my favourite dongsaeng.

 

I checked my phone for the nth time if Yoona called or even remembered to text me. Actually, she did text seven minutes, twenty two seconds ago (not that I’m counting) saying they’re going home soon but I still want to hear her voice. Should I call her? That would seem too creepy and obsessive – I’d rather wait.

 

“Sica-unnie, the dorm is so quiet today, isn’t it? You want to listen to some songs?”

 

Quiet huh? I guess, since we aren't the talkers of the group. I could almost hear birds chirping because of this silence.

 

"Is it rock or rap?" Since I know that she surprisingly dig Snoop Dogg or Lion or…heck…that person changes his name like Sunny changes her hair color.

 

"No, silly. Yoona-unnie recommended me this song the other day and I know you like calming songs more so---" She said, pressing play.

 

"Yoona? You believe that somehow I have the same taste in music as her?” I raised an eyebrow.

 

“Didn't you? You mostly like the things she suggests. You even liked Urban Zakapa because of her, right?"

 

Is she indirectly telling me that I’m already whipped? But she has a point; I like Yoona’s suggestions – sometimes – not always because as much as I like Yoong, Jessica Jung is not yet whipped. I didn’t even like Urban Zakapa because of Yoong; Taeyeon’s the one who introduced me to their music.

 

"Wrong!"

 

"E-eh?"

 

"But what is it?"

 

"O-okay. It’s SoulstaR's Call My Name, unnie” Seohyun said nervously.

 

Baby Call My Name Baby Baby Call My Name


naega bogo shipeul ttaen ne jonhwagireul deuro


nae jonhwabonho nullo onjedeun


 

“It’s decent. But I don’t think the both of us can relate to this” I said nonchalantly but Yoona…I want to see your name on my phone…call me now.

 

“A-are you s-sure, unnie? Since I saw you glancing every so often at your phone.” She said smiling. I glared at her. Please give me a sign to stop before I unleash HellSica on our innocently meddlesome maknae.

 

 

“Sica-unnie, Seohyunnie we're home…” Gosh, sometimes asking for signs negates the fun part.

  

W-wait, I know that voice. Yoona?

 

"Yoona!" I left hurriedly the smiling Seohyun and her calming music since Yoona’s home…why would I be calm?

 

"Sica-unnie?”

 

I walked fast towards the door…screw walking fast…I ran towards the door because I missed Yoong already but when I turned left towards the front door…I collided with someone, knocking us both. I fell on top of that someone but that’s not the most astonishing part – 

 

 

Baby I Love You Baby Baby I Love You

geurae noneun nae jonbu

nae ane inneun sarang nun ape inneun saram

noyege da jugo shipo

 

 

 

“Yoong, why didn’t you---“

 

 

 

 

“Sica-unnie, it’s dangerous to run---omo! “

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah, why aren’t you two getting up yet? Do you like kissing each other that much?”

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

If your love is only getting stronger you, would you wait a little longer to tell the world that you love that person or that person is yours, or would you tell the world in a heartbeat?

 

A shout-out to my first upvoter, 120530!

 

By the way, if you want to know how Sooyoung and Jessica became best of friends, you should know that Sooyoung thinks that life is like a boat!