Chapter Four

They Don't Know About Us

 

 

Everyday living is either fate or coincidence. Some people simply believed that they were at the right time and place while others were contemplating if they were really at the right time and place and the odds if they weren’t.

 

“About us…because I like you”

 

Was this just a coincidence that Jessica-unnie would confess to me right after I secretly started my romantic relationship with Yuri? Or was this fated?

 

 

“U-Unnie, w-what are you saying? You like---“

 

“I like you, Yoona. Please don’t play the “dumb game” with me because I know that you understand exactly what I meant when I told you that I like you” Sica-unnie said while crossing her arms and rolled her eyes at me. I was taken aback.

 

“Y-You’re confessing yet you’re getting irritated?” I raised my voice a little because of how this is turning out. Jessica-unnie uncrossed her arms, heaved a sigh before perching on my bed with her head lowered.

 

“I-It’s not like that.” She looked at me straight it the eyes before hiding her face with her hands. “Gosh! Why are making this so hard, Yoona? Do you know how wearisome it is to confess to someone you like? Especially if you already know that the girl you like likes someone else…”

 

“W-What?”

 

“I know that you like Yuri…so, considering to like another girl wouldn’t be a problem” When did she knew that I like Yuri? Does she know that we’re dating now…but saying that I could be fond of any other girl just because I like Yuri is appalling.

 

“So, is that it? Because I like a girl…I would easily fall for another?! I don’t think you’re not even serious about this, unnie”

 

Jessica-unnie stood up. “I am! I’m serious about this and I’m serious about you. You know how I can’t express myself sometimes. A-And I was really worried at how you reacted about the kiss so---“

 

“Maybe you’re really just bothered about the kiss. Don’t worry about it unnie, it was nothing. I must admit, I was really shocked at first and since the other members’ saw---” (youonlycaredthatYurisawit) I noticed that she was mumbling something but I shrugged it off since she started explaining herself in a clearer tone.

 

It was something to me. It was my first girl kiss and…and so is yours thus making it an extra something between usSica-unnie said, looking at me bashfully and I swear…I saw Jessica-unnie’s cheeks turned rosy before averting her gaze and that made my heart thump into something that’s totally different when I’m with Yuri.

 

Yuri. Jessica-unnie didn’t know nor any of our members that Yuri’s my first girl kiss and it would be unfair to unnie if I don’t tell her now, seeing that she holds our kiss dearly. I have to tell her.

 

“S-Sica-unnie, Yuri---“

 

“Yuri saw the kiss…and I would honestly tell you right now that I’m glad she did. But when I saw you and Yuri hugging in here all alone, I thought you already confessed to her but that can’t be, right?” I nodded, as I played with this lie. “I’m pissed that she can do that every time you two are here by yourselves” She said pouting. Seriously, is this really a confession or a kid complaining about not wanting to share her doll?

 

“Unnie, the two of us hug all the time too. Maybe you’re just jealous about that b-but in a friend-type jealousy and not in another way just like how Tiffany and Taeyeon-unnies are…every time” I have to tell her the most-sensed explanation there is because she may just have been blinded…and I don’t want to feel this feeling of having my hopes up because of Jessica-unnie.

 

Jessica-unnie unexpectedly looked at me icily. “Yoong, I may have had late reactions at stuff and there are things that I don’t get that easily but I know when I’m in love especially the person I’m in love with; and please don’t compare me with those two. Tae’s scared and Tiff’s blind…I’m not any of that”

 

I don’t think that my explanation made sense at all….even having Taeyeon-unnie and Tiffany-unnie as an example of having friendly jealousy made it worse. I have no other choice. I have to tell her that Yuri and I are already dating because this would really turn for the worst if I wouldn’t come clean now.

 

“But u-unnie, Yuri a-and I---” But before I could even finish my admission again, Sica-unnie went to me unexpectedly and held my hand.

 

“Yoona, just don’t say anything other than a yes, please. Give me this chance.  A year or merely months! If you still don’t like me the way I do then, then I’ll let go. I will let you go. But until then…go out with me, Yoong? Even if we have to do it secretly…I’ll prove to you that even if YoonSic is secretive, we’re still the most real pairing ever” I may have been dumbfounded by her first proposition but after everything else, I couldn’t help but chuckle at her reason.

 

I selfishly know that this is exactly the worst decision I will ever make so far but I don’t want to leave this all to fate and even doubt that this is a coincidence. I don’t want to think of what if’s anymore because if I do this with Jessica-unnie right now, my uncertainties about Yuri and I may all finally be answered. I may be making the greatest mistake I will ever create from the time I lied to Yuri about thinking of Donghae-oppa instead of her but I have to take this chance…even if I will have to face the consequences later.

 

“I-If we do this, Sica-unnie…no one will have to know yet, right? Since we’re still trying?” The way she beamed while nodding made my worries a little lighter to carry even though my mind was filled with Yuri as I agreed. “Then, fine. Let’s try this.”

 

I am so sorry Yul…and you, Sica-unnie, as well.

 

Jessica-unnie grinned widely before hugging me. “You won’t regret this, Yoona. I…we will make this work” She then stopped hugging me and crossed her arms again. “But first things first, you can now stop using honorifics while we’re alone. It feels weird that you’re still calling me unnie when we’re already dating and---”

 

“We barely even started and you’re already setting rules, unnnnieee?” I teasingly asked her, grinning.

 

“Aish, my girlfriend is a choding” Jessica replied, giggling and I can understand why. I’m not used to saying Jessica only but I will try…just like what I did with Yuri but the girlfriend and the in love part of the deal – it would take several times to get used to because of Yuri. “Yoong, I hope we can tell our relationship to the people we really trust, even Yuri, but I bet you if they knew, they will just be jealous of us…”

 

I was about to answer her when my phone rang and it was about work. Sica-unnie gestured that she’s leaving the room and mouthed ‘talk to you later’ while grinning before finally going out and closing the door. I sighed as I answered the call.

 

In a day, I was confessed by two people and I accepted both.  I know what that would make of me but I have to because even if I’m overflowing with guilt at this moment, I want all of these to work, so we…I can know what I truly feel about all of us.

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

 

I walked out the room looking like I won something I desperately wanted for a very long time. I mean, come on, I did – it’s Yoona.

 

It was selfish of me that it was almost a ‘shot gun relationship’ and a hidden one at that but I had to do anything I can before Yuri would make her move to either me or Yoona…even if I’m not even a percent sure that Yuri’s going to make a move or would she even make a move since I don’t even know what her real preference is.  Aish, why am I stressing again?! I should be over the moon right now. I’m finally dating Yoona! I should be squealing but only in my head since nobody can know about this…except for that person.

 

I grabbed my phone and dialled a number.

 

“Hey! When are you coming home? Now? Great!  I have to tell you something that you’re the only person I’m considering of telling. I know right…you’re like the chosen one. So, hurry!”

 

I lazily waited for about 10 minutes, slouching on the couch before the other person I share my secrets to, arrived.

 

“So, what’s the drama? You’re like making me run for my life just to get here as fast as possible. You so owe me for this, Sooyeon” She said with arms akimbo after she tossed her shopping bags on the floor near the couch I am laying. I stood up and glared at her.

 

“You owe me more with your obnoxiously loud rants about every little thing, Hwang Miyoung so let’s not tally how much we owe each other or I’ll just end up asleep counting” I said as I dragged her inside my room and I’m relieved that Sooyoungie wasn’t there yet.

 

I really wanted to announce to anybody that would hear while we’re in the living room about the best news I can publicize but I give my word to Yoona that only the closest to us can know, so I chose Tiffany.

 

We’re both from the States so Tiff’s more open-minded about hearing same- relationships and the likes especially after that incident while we were still trainees that concerned me, her, Yoona and Taeyeon. I know Soo probably thinks that she was the only person I shared my secret to but since I consider Tiffany my best friend as well,  I told her about my secret liking for Yoona when we’re about to debut .

 

We sat on my bed and I started telling Tiffany about the accidental kissing.

 

She suddenly stood up with shock written all over her face. “You two, what?!” Tiffany always has exaggerated reaction on things so I just rolled my eyes and let her be.

 

I grinned excitedly before telling her the rest. “Yup, and then…” I soon told her about how I confess and how Yoona accepted…not letting anything left unspoken and unexposed.

 

“Oh. My. Gosh! Oh my gosh! You two are now what?!” She said as she started flipping. This girl is totally the opposite of me and I still wonder until now how we even managed to talk and understand each other in the first place…then it hit me – English!

 

“Tiff, if I hear another ‘what’ from you one more time, I swear I’m going to kick you so hard” I said as I glare at her while plastering a smile…a happy smile because duh, I would be flipping too if I wasn’t too lackadaisical to do it.

 

“Dear me, you’re still so violent even though something really great happened with you today, Jessie” Tiffany said pouting and I rolled my eyes jokingly. “Hold on, so even Sooyoungie saw? And you’re not planning on telling her about you and Yoona?” That question made me think and recall what had happened.

 

“I…I don’t know. I chose to tell you first because even if the two of you are both very religious, you’re more unprejudiced than Sooyoungie…I think. I was surprised at how she reacted when Yoona and I kissed and if I tell her that I’m dating Yoona now, I’m a little distressed of how her reaction would be” I honestly said while lowering my head.

 

I felt Tiffany sat next to me so I looked at her.  She was eye-smiling and she put her hands on my shoulders. “Well, that’s the reason why we have each other; because I can’t tell Tae about what’s going on in my relationship with Nichkhun too sometimes” She said, moping.  I secretly smiled because I already knew the answer but it’s always fun teasing her…all of the members does.

 

“And why is that so, Tiff?” I asked while smirking slyly.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that? You’re looking like I’m hiding something” Tiffany retorted while raising an eyebrow.

 

I chuckled. “Are you?”

 

“NO! But it feels a little awkward sometimes with Tae. The moment that I told her that I’m dating Nichk, she said that she’s happy for me but when I talked about my relationship and share about stuff, all she’ll ever reply is an “uh-hu, good for you” and would walk away…I don’t get why” Tiffany said frowning.

 

See, what did I tell you? Tiffany’s blind! I’m not that bad of a friend for not telling her that Taeyeon (I know too much) feels something for her and Taeyeon’s too horrified to ruin their a century of friendship…but I don’t want to rub it on her face either. Where’s the fun in that?

 

“Tiff, I think that Tae’s just tired…tired of hearing your loud voice that she just wants you to shut up!” I laughed at my own joke.

 

“Yah! Meanie…you’re not even funny, Jessie”

 

I shrugged Tiffany’s comment. I find it endearing, actually. I don’t think anything can ruin this day for me. It’s too perfect. The only other thing that would make me happier now is for Yoona to really say that she’s in love with me too so we can finally tell everyone…about us.

 

 

 

Yuri’s POV

 

 

I left my room because Sica asked for their privacy. Why would she even want their privacy? What are they going to talk about?  I’m dating Yoona so I can listen to whatever they are going to talk about. It’s in the unwritten and non-existing rules of dating.

 

And like that rule, our relationship is non-existent; so does that count since it’s a secret? But the heck with it, Im Yoona is now my girlfriend – official or not to everyone – we are.

 

I was roaming the dorm happily thinking of what happened inside our room when I saw Sooyoung quietly eating at the kitchen. I chuckled at the thought that we were like this a few years ago, too but today was different because what I was worried back then was a thing of the past now.

 

“Care if I join you?” I asked but I let myself sat opposite to her already.

 

“You seemed happy? Aren’t you a little disappointed that the two of them kissed?” Sooyoung asked gloomily while stirring her food.

 

“So that’s what you’re doing now? You’re stress eating?” She nodded, pouting. “Man, I so envy you. If I can stress-eat everything I want without gaining any weight, I would probably beat you as the number one Shikshin” I said chuckling, hoping to make her happy just a little but Sooyoung sighed heavily.

 

“Yul, did you still remember the conversation we had about Sica and Yoong while SNSD’s still starting to get famous?”

 

“O-Of course, how can I forget? It was a memorable day for the both of us. We shared our hidden sadness and frustrations that our hearts became connected that night inside this kitchen” I said nodding while reminiscing inside my head what had occurred.

 

Sooyoung suddenly let go of her spoon and acting like she was about to throw up. “Why did I suddenly feel icky and disgusted by how you said it? You’re describing it like we did something malicious here”

 

“Yah! Pabo, why are you thinking about what I said like that?!” We both kept silent, looking at each other before laughing loudly. “Aish, why are we always like this?” I shook my head smirking.

 

“I’m still miserable, Yul…after all these years and today, I saw a future most likely to happen”

 

“What are you talking about?” I asked seriously and worriedly.

 

“You saw it; even our poor innocent Hyunnie saw it. That kissed made me see the pessimistic future you once told me and of all people, it would have to be with Yoona” My heart is breaking for how Sooyoung is looking right now so I know that the only way to help gain some faith in her is to tell her about me and Yoona.

 

“Soo, do you want to know another secret? You would still have to promise to keep calm and---“

 

Sooyoung stood up. “Y-You really did kill somebody this time, didn’t you? Hold on. YURI! HOW COULD YOU? DID YOU KILL MY SICA BECAUSE SHE KISSED YOONA?” This person in front of me is so witty yet so irrational at times. I stood up too pointing at her.

 

“Yah, why are thinking of weirdly psychotic things about me all the time? Even if Yoona and Sica ended up together, I wouldn’t and couldn’t kill her even if I want to…Yoona will be sad and Jessica is my sister…I’m not like that, Soo” I said pouting.

 

“Then…wait, the last time you said something like this, you confessed that you like Yoona so does that mean that you don’t like her now and you like…keep calm? YURI, ARE YOU GOING TO CONFESS THAT YOU FELL FOR ME NOW?” I had face-palm while pretending to hit my head on the table. “Come on Yul, lighten up a little. We’re both depressed and I’m just brightening up the mood” Great! She’s trying to cheer me up when she’s the only one I should be cheering for since I’m ecstatic.

 

“I’m not depressed Soo because Yoona and I are now dating!” I grinned widely.

 

“What? There’s no way that Yoona likes a dark person like you?”

 

“Yah! Don’t call me that and…” I went to her, tapped her shoulder before saying, “…don’t stress yourself that much and try to confess to Sica and maybe, just maybe she’ll say yes too”

 

I left Sooyoung after I told her what took place earlier. She was a bit shocked and envious but genuinely happy at the same time. She then told me that she would now reconsider her previous plan of acting not waiting for things as they turn out for her. I decided to go back to my room and saw Sica leaving happily.

 

What did they talk about that made her smile so creepily like that? Was it just about the accidental kiss or they talked about something else? I have to ask Yoona then.

 

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

 

“Yes, I understand. Thank you.” I was about to finish my conversation on the phone when Yuri entered our room.

 

She looked at me intently with her eyebrow raised. “Who was that?” I chuckled.

 

“We just started dating and you’re already jealous of every person I’m on the phone with?” I asked her mischievously and she just smirked.

 

“Nope, not really. You’re too formal talking to that person – work?” I nodded as I watched her sat on the bed.

 

“My flight to Jeju was moved. I’m going tomorrow morning”

 

“What? We haven’t even spent time with each other that much and I’ll resume filming the day after” Yuri said pouting while looking at me with her puppy-dog eyes.

 

“Y-Yul, In Guk-oppa can be flirty…stay away from him okay?” I said worriedly but Yuri must have really liked what I just said since she’s grinning extensively.

 

“We just started dating and you’re already jealous of every person I’m filming with?” Yuri smirked and I glared at her seriously but she paid no mind to it. “I should have known that you’re the more jealous type, Yoong” I sighed. I cannot win over an über-confident Yul and I like that about her so I shook my head before smiling.

 

“I am. So don’t use your charm to anybody anymore other than me because you got yourself a very jealous girlfriend” I warned as I crossed my arms facing her.

 

She stood up and walked over me. “I can’t promise you that Yoong because even if I don’t use my charm, people are still gushing over me”

 

“Yuri!”

 

“But I’m still only gushing over one person and one person alone – Yoo…Ara”

 

“YUL!”

 

She laughed. “I love you like that, Im Yoon Ah” Yuri said as she grabbed my hand, hugging me…I hugged back. It’s always nice to do simple things like this that could make my heart go complexly crazy. “So what did you and Sica talked about?” Yuri asked the other thing that made my heart go complexly crazy but in a very different way.

 

I let go of the hug and sat on the bed. “It was nothing”

 

“Nothing? I saw her smiling from ear to ear when she walks out” Yuri asked casually.

 

“S-She did?”I was already stammering to I stood up with my back facing her to hide my nervousness. “Well, she said sorry about the accidental kissing thing and I just said I’m fine with it so she might have felt relieved that’s why she smiled like that”

 

“Oh. I guess you’re right” I turned around and saw Yuri lying on our bed with both her hands supporting her head and using them as a pillow.

 

“Y-Yul, don’t mind that okay. And always remember that it’s you…it’s always you” Even if I don’t believe half of what I’m saying now.

 

“It’s me? What about me? Ms. Im, can you please elaborate?” Yuri said smirking while raising her right hand.

 

“When did you become a choding?” I asked as I was about to join her.

 

“You---“

 

Knock! Knock! Knock! We suddenly heard someone calling from the other side of our door. I walked towards the entrance and opened the door.

 

“S-Sica-unnie?” I was surprised to see Jessica-unnie outside our door since we just had a talk earlier but I remembered that she mouthed that she would talk to me later so I had to lower my voice.

 

“Are you tired? Do you want to eat out? I searched for this bistro online and they said that it’s great so…” Jessica-unnie asked while fidgeting her fingers.

 

“I…I have an early flight to Jeju tomorrow---”

 

“Oh, it’s okay…we can still eat out some other time” I could sense the sadness in her voice and that unhappiness alone made my heart worry for her in a way that I still couldn’t understand.

 

“Is it near?”

 

“Yes, it is. We can even just walk…if you want to?” She said as she started radiating timidly. I never saw this side of Sica before even at that incident and I really find this refreshing.

 

“O-Okay. I’ll just tell Yul that you need some help, okay?” I sighed as I went inside the room. I’ll tell a lie to Yuri…a lie that I don’t even think I could do after having a relationship with her.

 

“Who is it? Your voices are so low and I want to eaves drop” Yuri said sulking that I had to giggle.

 

“Yul, S-Sica-unnie needs help with something so I’ll accompany her for a little while, okay?”

 

“Can I come, too?”

 

“No! I mean, it’s a girl thing”

 

“Yah, I’m a girl too!”

 

“Just stay here okay, I’ll be back before you know it” I hurriedly said before closing our door.  I don’t want to tell more lies to Yuri so I had to cut our conversation off…before I can get so accustomed to this deceitful craze.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica and I got on a taxi and went to the bistro with our disguises on but since it’s already a little late and near the bistro’s closing time, only a few people were eating. We ordered and quickly ate while talking about random things so self-consciously because of our unused situation.

 

We decided to walk to the dorm because it’s a bit near. We were walking in uncomfortable silence when she started holding my hand.

 

“Are you feeling awkward about this?” I gazed at Jessica-unnie as she asked worriedly while staring straight at the path ahead.

 

“We would always hold hands then but…yes, I feel awkward little bit” I replied, looking ahead too.

 

“But Yoong, thank you for giving me a chance” She said sincerely as she looked at me.

 

I smiled. “Actually, I didn’t. You prevented me from saying anything”

 

Jessica stopped walking and hit me lightly in the arm. “Yah! Don’t tease me like that…or you might fall hard for me more” She said smirking…smirking that smirk that only belongs to her; that same smirk that made it hard for me to breathe in the best way possible.

 

“Let’s just wait and see then” I said as I felt that specific beating again...because of her.

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

 

When we arrived at the dorm…still holding hands, Yoona insisted that she would be the one to accompany me at my door and that gesture alone made me so freaking euphoric. If only Sooyoungie wasn’t inside, I would have already pulled Yoona in and pushed her on my bed. Aish, my byun thoughts are acting up again…bad Jessica but…but I wouldn’t mind if they would become a reality!

 

After arriving at my door, I asked her that she would go to her room first since she has an early flight tomorrow and she readily agreed. “Good night, Yoong and I’ll see you off tomorrow” We let go of our intertwined fingers as I kissed her cheek giggling and she snickered as well before going to her room…with Yuri. I hate this part now. Gosh! Who suggested these freaking room assignments anyways? Wait, it was us. Damn it.

 

I was about to enter my room when I felt someone standing behind me so I turned around.

 

“T-Tell me honestly, w-what are you and Yoona?”

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Do you believe that everything's fated, you, or merely coincidences?

 

By the way, do you want to know when was the first time Jessica fell for Yoona? Well, you should know that it was when Jessica's life is like a boat!

 

Thank you to Seomate_Sone_GG for upvoting!