Chapter One

They Don't Know About Us

 

 

“Yoona….”

 

Seriously?

 

These vultures!

 

They’ve waited for their prey for hours, staring, almost eating right through. Circling, picking and attacking the sweetest, the most vulnerable or just the most convenient.

 

“Yoona….”

 

What these dim-witted vultures don’t know, what they’ve never imagined is that their prey is deceptive. Their prey is sweet, every so often convenient but most certainly not vulnerable.

 

Never vulnerable even to these vultures’ undeniable charms because the truth is, the preyslearned and adapted are also vultures in disguise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m not taking my sight off Yuri-unnie because every other person here can take advantage and be all over her because right now, after our fun but tiring concert, she’s still oozing with iness, hotness, gorgeousne---wait, that’s Sica-unnie…

 

W-wait?!

 

What the hellsica is wrong with me? I’m spazzing over Yuri-unnie and I randomly thought of Sica-unnie being the gorgeous one?!

 

“Yoona………..food……..”

 

Sica -unnie? Food?

 

I snapped out of my thoughts.

 

“Umm, what S-Sica-unnie, did you say something about food?”  I deafly asked while grinning at her to hide the fact that I just had a thought of her being more gorgeous than Yuri-unnie. Mental face-palm.

 

Hold on, I spaced out?

 

This is what I get from hanging out with Sica-unnie a lot. Not that I don’t like hanging out or practically being with her 24/7. In fact, I love it.

 

Jessica-unnie treats me really well. She even gave me a very touching gift for my birthday this year, more touching than what my real sister gave – so far. Mian unnie, your dongsaeng wants more.

 

But I don’t even know if I would like to be treated by my own unnie the way Sica-unnie does. It would be a bit weird and awkward on my part.

 

“I can’t believe you, Yoong. You didn’t hear a word I’ve said except for food! You and Sooyoung are really alike.” Sica-unnie chuckled.

 

Out of all the members, I think Sica-unnie is most fond of us '90ers. Excuse me for blowing my own horn but, I can tell that she’s happiest when we’re with her.

 

And I like that. I feel good, scratch that, I feel great that I am responsible for her happiness. Actually, it’s almost the same feeling when I can make Yuri-unnie happy. But it’s also different since I always tell myself that Sica-unnie treats me with more fondness because I look a lot like Krystal.

 

And for some odd reason, it makes me sad to think that she doesn't see me more than just an another Krystal look-alike…

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

 

We had just finished the 2nd day of the first leg of our World Tour and we’re in the backstage meeting everyone from the entertainment industry to our personal friends, thanking them for coming.  

 

I am thankful but…

 

Every member has to walk around to smile, greet and have a photo opportunity with each and everyone. I’m getting tired and sleepy with all the walking and smiling. I mean, come on, enough. Having cramps while on stage was bad enough already.

 

Well, not that bad, I suppose.

 

I heard and saw Yoong, with Sooyoungie, singing “I Will Always Love You” – for me.

 

Am I assuming this? Aniyo!

 

I know they're just being their 'Dumb and Dumber' selves but I can’t even control the huge smile glued on my face while my leg’s hurting like hell. It’s the craziest feeling in the world.

 

To be sung a ‘confession song’ by the person (with your own best friend), whom you want to hear these words to be said and do nothing but smile freakishly because you can’t even jump nor damn walk to hug them. Flopped!

 

Speaking of that person, as I was looking for her through this sea of people, because I know she’s already tired and hungry – I know I am – I saw her looking at her.

 

Yoong, you’re always looking at her.

 

I walk towards her to snap her out of her yurinsanity.

 

“Yoona…”

 

I called her two times to no avail. She’s still looking at Yul who’s swarmed by some of our sunbaes and hoobaes from SM Entertainment. I know Yuri is just being sociable (and I’m glad that her attention is not on Yoona) since SME in publicly known as a closely-knitted family but Yoong on the other hand, seemed jealous.

 

It made me a little disappointed of her and annoyed of myself for being disappointed that Yoona is still the possessive Yoon of Yul. But I’m going to change that. I'm going to make her see another possible person...coughs – me – coughs...to be possessive about. Right now, she’s zoned out; meaning she got that from me, from always being with me.

 

And no, she didn’t get that because she’s the daughter of the YulSic pairing and she’s just having the Electra complex for Yul and got the spacing out genes from me. Gosh, NO!

 

“Yoona, a little food for thought: why would you still be jealous of the stars for being with the moon when you can solely have the sun?” I said nonchalantly.

 

“Umm, what S-Sica-unnie, did you say something about food?”  She naively said while grinning.

 

Im-choding! She only heard the word she likes to hear. Why did I fall for such a childish person? Am I a e now? Not that Yoona is still a child. Aish, my Rated M thoughts. Stress!

 

“I can’t believe you, Yoong. You didn’t hear a word I’ve said except for food! You and Sooyoung are really alike.” I just chuckled to hide the fact that I was thinking of something inappropriate a while ago.

 

“Mianhe, unnie. I was just thinking of some stupid things that I shouldn’t even have bothered thinking since I can’t even do a thing about it. Vultures and all..” She said while plastering a smile.

 

"W-what? Vultures?"

 

I don't even know the heck why she suddenly mentioned vultures but I know what she’s going through, just watching Yuri like that, since I’m going through that too because of her. I can’t express to her how I really feel because, even if I have the concept of the Ice Princess who doesn’t care of what people think, I truly do care of what other people might say.

 

I’m still an artist who owes a lot to my teacher Lee for believing in me, for having me trained. I’m still a member of the world famous girl group whose name would be tainted if ever I come out. I'm still a friend to my members who are in this journey with me, I don't want to let them fall. I’m still an older sister to Krystal who should set a morally upright example to her. I’m still a daughter to my parents who respects and values their teachings, especially their name. And, I am still a girl that even in this modernized South Korea, people would still say that I shouldn’t be together with another girl.

 

At this moment, when that one person I truly care about is having a hard time weighing and controlling her burdens, there is nothing more I can do than to hug her. I hugged her tightly so she can feel that I am right here for her, that I can feel what she felt – what she feels – what she is feeling, right now.

 

We hugged for seconds that felt a lifetime. Yoona then pulled away and gave me a genuine smile. A thankful smile that doesn’t need words to explain the reasons behind....I just smiled back.

 

"Yah, you're so bipolar today, Yoong. Are you that hungry?"

 

She nodded while pouting.

 

We both laughed at her choding response before walking together to get some food.

 

But I momentarily stopped when I saw Yuri looking at our direction before averting her gaze.

 

Was she looking at us? Why was she looking with sadness in her eyes?

 

I can’t jump to conclusions. I scanned around to find other people closest to us since Yoona and I were almost at the most cornered area of the room.

 

Two other people.

 

 Minho and you. But they’re just talking. Well, they’re happily talking. 

 

And almost flirting.

 

Huh. I'm relieved that I'm the only one who saw Yuri's melancholic state while looking at our direction because certainly, I wouldn't want that one person to worry or even presume that something is up.

 

I'm trying to shake off what I saw and just followed Yoona, who's really walking faster than usual (maybe she really wants to eat pronto?), but I'm still being bombarded by skeptical questions inside my head.

 

Was Yuri affected because of those two? I hope so.

 

Not that I want Yul to be unhappy or anything negative like that, I simply want her to feel something special for anybody other than Yoona...or me since the four of us are the only people at that side of the room. I just want to know who Yuri likes in the first place.

 

I'm not being a meanie to Yul, selfish of Yoona and defensive of myself. She's still my member and I love her as my member and sister, I don't want her to get hurt but I still want to know who means to her...aish, you know what I mean, right?

 

Does Yuri like Minho? 

 

Was Yuri jealous of you for being alone with Minho? But she's just a personal friend of Seohyun. I highly doubt that they'll do or be anything else other than laughers of each other's lame jokes.

 

Does Yuri like Minho that much to be jealously sad? Is jealously sad even a phrase?

 

Or she's really looking at us?

 

And really,

 

Where did I get the energy to think of these stuff when I'm famished?

 

 

 

Yuri’s POV

 

 

Seeing that person happy with someone else is almost unbearable. I should be the one doing that.

 

I should be one making that person laugh while talking to me. Sigh.

 

I guess if I just can’t say the words to you just yet, I have to show you little by little. I have to make you happy, make you feel, make you see that even in my kkab ways you’ll know that...

 

“I like you…”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

What would you say you if people say you shouldn’t be together with the one you like because you’re too young to know about forever or they just don't approve? Would you let go?