o3

Ghost Everlasting

"I'm leaving to Uijeongbu tonight, I can't stand being here without them, not with all this sorrow hanging around." The man fought back tears. "Why can't you let this go, it's been ten years."

"I will not stop until it is solved!" The loud voice bounced off the walls.

"Then you will never stop." The other yelled back storming out of the room. "They won't let you." He murmured placing his badge and gun on the old chiefs desk before leaving the building.

 

----

"This isn't HUS 048, this is HUS 04, 8 -9..." You stared at the folder confused.

"Open it." Daehyun's father urged pointing to the large folder.

"Homicide Un-Solved 048-9" Yongguk read from behind you.

"Does this mean the cases were linked?" Daehyun asked pulling the file from you.

"Dae go sit in my office."

"No, I want him on my team." You hissed immediately. "He's smart and trustworthy, even if this is the only case file he ever sees he is on my team understand."

"Yes, Sammy." Daehyun's father backed off. "But yes, the hyphen means the cases are linked."

"According to this Jongup died two weeks after turning twenty, in ninteen thirty five." Yongguk seriously scanned the file. "Are there any photos with this file?"

"There are but I must warn you it's very graphic."

"I don't want to see them." You quickly responded gripping Yongguk's wrist before he could grab the photos.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I'll leave you to it." Daehyun's father bowed. "Dae come with me for a bit we need to talk."

"Okay." He said exiting with his father.

"Why don't you want to see the images." Yongguk asked when the room was emptied.

"I want Jonggup to tell me what happened." You furrowed your brows. "I don't feel completely right digging in without him here to explain."

"Is there someway to contact him?"

"I don't know."

-

"So what does that burger taste like?" jongup eyed it hungrily.

"It tastes like garlic and jalapenos." Youngjae chuckled a bit nibbling on his food. "Are you sure it's okay to eat in front of you."

"It's fine, I just miss eating is all." jongup sighed. "I wonder if I could touch it." He smiled as he poked the burger.

"Youngjae do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"I think Sammy and Yongguk are nearby. I hear them calling me." Jongup sighed.

"I don't hear anything but maybe its something important?"

"No, I won't go back they stole those items there's no way he'd give up my gifts willingly."

"What makes you think he didn't give them away because he missed you too much?"

"He'd never do that!"

"Jongup its okay, but you have to consider all possibilities. That's what makes a good detective right?"

"I guess so, but I'm still not going." He pouted flicking a fry across the table.

"Jongup, please stop flicking food at me i'm getting dirty." Youngjae pouted.

-

"He obviously can't hear us." Yongguk sighed.

"Maybe he is still mad at us." You sighed reading case 049's information.

"I wonder who these items belong to."

"I think I know." You handed Yongguk the papers while rubbing the necklace.

"His. Husband." Yongguk looked at the paper with a slightly tilted head as he scanned it. "Oh my god." He screeched ripping his watch off. "I have been wearing a dead man's watch."

"That must be why Jongup got mad, the only way for us to have these would have been to take them from his husband." You wiped your eyes. "I don't think Jongup knows that his husband is dead." You looked into Yongguk's eyes as he gently picked the watch up again.

"Maybe we were passed these so that we'd eventually dig into the background of the former owner." He gingerly wiped and cleaned the watch before putting it back on securely.

"What ever happened back then needs to be fixed now, it has to be why Jongup hasn't been able to move on."

"It's definately that." Junhong smirked entering the room. "Guys meet Himchan hyung, Himchan meet Yongguk and.. uh, Hyung what's her name."

"Junhong who.." Yongguk was cut off.

"What do you mean grandfather had a twin brother!" Daehyun's voice blasted through the room causing you and Yongguk to run to him.

 

 

 

 

 

---

A/N:
Sorry Small update. :[ Works hell, My brother is my manager now. Stupid boss is making his own entertainment by putting us on the same team.