Strength VS. Weakness

Dreams Have Consequences Too

POV: NO ONE

 

“So....does my training start today or something? Cuz no one told me anything about starting.” Da Yoon ask Minjae as we head to the gym.

 

“No.” That is all he says. Da Yoon looks at him confused.

 

“So then why are we going?” She asks.

 

“Well....not to be a douche bag or anything, but you really really REALLY need to lose the weight as fast as possible. Have you seen other artists? They're pretty, beautiful, have the greatest legs, and most of all, are skinny. You're not going to get anywhere with that type of body.” He says without glancing at her.

 

She couldn't believe it. Is she dreaming right now? Did he really just say those words to her face? She was fighting her tears from pouring out. She didn't want to show Minjae that she was weak let alone show him that he is right. Da Yoon continues to just look out the window. Everything was silent the rest of the way there.

 

“We're here. Let's go.” Minjae says and walks ahead.

 

“I'm not going.” Da Yoon says with attitude.

 

Minjae stops in his tracks and looks behind him. Da Yoon was still sitting in the car. He walks up to her and stares at her with the scariest look in his eyes.


“Get out. Now.” He says as he continues to stare at Da Yoon.

 

Right now, Da Yoon felt like she was hypnotized. The look in Minjae's eyes caused her to get out of the car without saying a word. That was how scary he was.

 

“I-I-I can always start when it's actually my time to start training.” Da Yoon says trying not to stutter.

 

“No.” Minjae replies looking ahead without giving her the slightest glance.

 

When they almost reached the door, Minaje's phone rang.

 

“Wait here.” He says as he takes his phone out of his pocket.

 

You just stood there. Minjae walks a pretty far distance just to take the call.

 

“Yoboseyo.” He says.

 

“Do you have everything under control?” A voice says on the other line.

 

“Yes sir. Everything is going very well. I have her right now.” Minaje replies.

 

“This better not backfire again. Stay in control until the end.” The voice says and hangs up the phone right away.

 

When Minjae comes back, he sees Da Yoon still in her spot.

 

“Everything okay?” Da Yoon asks.

 

“None of your business.” Minjae replies.

 

You stay silent so you don't anger him. He seems like the type to be really scary when he's angry. I wonder what's his problem. Did something happen when he was talking on the phone?

 

AT THE GYM

 

“Okay, let's start off my doing some jogging.” Minjae says as he walks to the treadmill.

 

This shouldn't be so bad. It's only jogging.

 

“Run 10 laps in 5 minutes.” He then says as he starts to set up the timer.

 

Spoke too soon.

 

“This is all I'm doing for training?” Da Yoon stupidly asks.

 

“Ha! I didn't know you were funny. No. This is just a warm up. There will be plenty of cardio to do for the next 4 hours.” Minjae says as he chuckles.

 

“For the next four hours?!” Da Yoon asks trying again not to stutter.

 

“Yeah, is there something wrong with that, trainee?” Minjae replies.

 

“N-No sir! Not at all!” She replies.

 

 

POV: YOU

 

This shouldn't be that hard right? I mean it's only 4 hours. 2PM must train a lot more. And besides, like he said, I AM a trainee. Now is not the time to complain.

 

 

 

5 MINUTES LATER

 

The warm up wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Even though I'm exhausted, I feel kind of refreshed. KIND OF. Because let's face it, I'm definitely not skinny and I definitely have never done any exercise in my life. Well....besides in gym class, but that doesn't count. Everyone can do that. But there has to be a reason why Minjae is forcing me and pushing me to train even before I actually have to start. Does he believe in me? Does he think I can do well? Is he testing me? Does he think I'd quit easily? So many thoughts are running through my head right now. Why is he doing this?

 

“Take a minute break. We're going to do sprints for 1 minute then jog for 30 seconds and repeat.” Minjae says as he looks at his watch and writing stuff on his clipboard.

 

“I think I'm going to need a bit more than a minute to get back on.” I say as I drink some water.

 

“A minute should be enough. 45 seconds left.” He says.

 

I have to show him that I'm strong. That I won't back down no matter what. I take another sip of water and stand up.

 

“Let's do this now.” I say with confidence.

 

“Don't try to prove anything to me. 30 seconds.” He says still staring at his watch.

 

“No. First of all, I may be trying to prove something to you, but I'm doing this for myself. And second, let's go.” I say as I get back on the treadmill.

 

“Okay then. Let's bring it up a notch. 1 minute sprints 20 second jogs.” He says as he writes something on his clipboard again.

 

“What are you writing? Is this about my progress? Did Jin Young sunbaenim request this?” I ask.

 

“Something like that. Anyways, start sprinting.” He says as he looks up at me. I couldn't read the expression on his face.

 

After about 15 minutes, I felt like I was about to pass out. I felt like my body was screaming at me begging for it to stop. But I couldn't. I have to do this. I have to lose the weight. I have to prove to everyone that I'm not weak. I have to.

 

“Do 3 more sets. I have some business to do somewhere, but I will be back. And don't even THINK about cheating.” Minjae says as he points his index finger in front of my face.

 

“Don't worry, I won't cheat. If I cheat on you, I cheat on myself and I'm not willing to do that.” I say with determination staring right into his eyes.

 

“Good. Glad you said that. Let's just hope you're not all talk.” He says chuckling as he walks away.

 

Something is DEFINITELY really weird about this man. I can't point my finger at it. Is he like this with the members?

 

I was on my last set when I decided to take a break. The second I got off the treadmill, I started to feel dizzy. Before I knew it, everything turned black. What's going on?

 

POV: NICHKHUN

 

I decided to check on Da Yoon since I know how Minjae can get when it comes to training and working out. I'll just take a peek and leave. When I entered the gym, I didn't see anyone. I decided to take a look around. She might be in the bathroom or something. I'm walking through the gym until something caught my eye. Someone was lying on the floor. I walk towards that person. As soon as I realized it was Da Yoon, my heart stopped. I followed my instinct and ran towards her trying to wake her up. No response.

 

“Da Yoon, wake up. Come on! Don't do this! WAKE UP DAMN IT!” I yelled trying to get her to wake up.

 

I noticed she wasn't breathing. This can't be happening.

 

“Okay Da Yoon. Everything is going to be alright. I'm going to get you some help okay? Just don't give up on me!” I said as I held her and tried to call 119.

 

 

EMERGENCY ROOM

 

I waited and waited. This couldn't be happening right now. It's just a nightmare. Please let this be a nightmare. Minjae didn't do this to her did he? I've known him basically half my life. Where is he? Ugh, no time to think about that right now.

 

The doctor finally came out and stood in front of me.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Nichkhun imida. How is Da Yoon? Nichkhun asked the doctor.

 

 

 

BACK AT THE GYM

POV: NO ONE

 

When Minjae came back, Da Yoon was gone.

 

“Psh, I knew she wouldn't be able to handle it.” Minjae says to himself.

 

I need to take action soon. This plan will not backfire this time. Not again.

 

 

Author's Note:

Finally I updated like I said I would! Haha!! 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!! I'm trying to keep you guessing!! 

Comment on the story! If I need to make any changes, please feel free to let me know! 

The picture above is of angry Minjae by the way. Lol! 

 

What do you think is going to happen?! Hmm....I dont know! ;)