prologue

Forehead Kisses

 

Channie-hyung, don't leave me. 

 

I promise that I will be a good boy. 

 

I promise that I will eat all the broccoli, all the carrots and the vegetables you put into my dinner. 

 

I promise that I will finish my homework on time, and I promise that I will study and score good marks for all my exams. 

 

I promise that I will listen in class and be a good student. I won't daydream in class, or talk to Luhan and Sehun during lessons. 

 

I won't loiter around the neighbourhood after school. I promise that I will go straight home.

 

I promise that I will find a part-time job so that you won't have to support me anymore.

 

And I promise that when I reach home, I won't hug you. I won't smile and press my face into your chest, into your comforting scent. I won't look up and ask for a kiss on my forehead. 

 

Instead, I will go to my room and start doing homework. When I have finished my homework, I will revise for my exams. And if I don't have exams coming soon, I will do extra math practice. If I run out of extra practice to do, I will go to Sehun's house to hang out with him. I won't bother you. You won't even realise that I exist. You don't even have to acknowledge my existence.

 

When evening comes by, I will go straight to the kitchen and start cooking dinner. You won't have to cook dinner anymore, and I won't ask for help either. Even if you offer to help, I will reject your offer. Even if you insist on helping me, I will ask you not to.

 

And even if you reach your arms around me and you kiss me, full on the lips, I promise, promise that I won't kiss you back. I won't wrap my arms around you and push my face closer to yours. I won't melt into your arms as you explore my mouth with your tongue. 

 

I promise, when that happens, I will push you away. I will clamp my lips together tightly and push you away with all the force I have.

 

I promise I won't be any burden to you.

 

If I promise all of that, will you come back to me? 

 

Please don't leave me.

 

Don't leave me like those years we've had together was nothing to you.

 

Don't say that you never want to hear from me again.

 

Because it hurts. 

 

I'd promise anything you want me to, if only you came back.