Chapter 5

Way to Your Heart

Mrs Lee placed a plate of pancakes on the dining table. She caught a glimpse of Eunhyuk wearing his shoes, ready for school. "Hyukkie have your breakfast first." She said to her son.

He didn't give any reply. He was still mad, though. "Eunhyuk, breakfast." There came Mrs Lee orders with a super killer tone. Without hesitation, he trudged to the dining table, feeling angry at the same time scared.

Mrs Lee could not help but to smile at his son's actions. He's really scared of me.."Good. I want to tell you something." Eunhyuk gulped. His lips dried and his eyes got wider. He could not imagine if his mother is really wants him to stop dancing.

"Dad called me last night. He said he need help with the company at Singapore." She announced.

Eunhyuk was relieved. Glad that it wasn't about dancing. He braved himself to speak up, "So you're offered yourself?"

"Yes." Eunhyuk gasped at her answer. "You're leaving me?" 

She nodded, without even looking at him. Tears began to fill Eunhyuk's eyes. "Mom if you're leaving because of my terrible grades, I'm sorry. I promise I'll do better.." his voice cracked and tears rolled down his cheeks. Mrs Lee quickly sat beside his son and hugged him.

"I'll promise I'll do better, but please don't leave.." he pleaded between sobs. "Shhh.. you're 17 already.. my big boy don't cry this ugly.." She patted his back.

"Let's make a deal. If you rank in Top 3 for your finals, I won't leave. And you are free to attend the dance class." She said while holding his shoulders. 

"Free to attend dance class? So, if I don't rank Top 3, no more dancing for me?" He asked though he knew the answer already. "Yes. Also, I will leave to Singapore and grandma will stay here with you." She said.

Grandma stay here with me? Oh no.. "You don't mean the grandma that rambles everytime and ask me to do house chores and don't let me go out at nights and.." "Don't let you dance. Yes, that grandma of yours will be her if you don't do well in exams."

He frowned. His grandma is a prim old lady, a perfectionist, and she always wanted everything to go her way. That picky old woman also had been telling him that a man should be skilled, smart and the one that always be the pride of the family. She said that dancing is a waste of time, he never could make any money from dancing.

Eunhyuk stood up and wrapped his arms around Mrs.Lee's waist. "Mom please don't leave.. " He sobbed even harder. Eunhyuk could be a little child around his mother. Mrs Lee sighed. She knew she could never get over Eunhyuk, he's her only child anyway. "Study hard, then. You won't fail, and I won't leave. Easy, right?" she convinced him.

"But mom.. you know I always fail, how can I get Top 3 in the class?" Eunhyuk voiced his insecurities. Failure seems to stick with him when it comes to studying.

Mrs Lee placed her palms on Eunhyuk's cheeks. "You can get whatever if you want if you work hard for it. If you were to go for a dance competition, you'll be practicing every day right? Same goes to studying. Do it like dancing. You create your own moves, strategies, stay focused and I'm sure, success is within your hands."

"I don't know if I could do it.. They all are much more better..." he uttered. "Dear, you're not trying yet and you want to give up? My son is not like this.. Lee Hyukjae, my boy, the one that face everything in his way to get what he want. Don't lose your spirit, okay?" She tapped his shoulder twice. "Quick, I'll send you to school."