Chapter 2

Way to Your Heart

 "Thank you, Mrs Park." The whole class bowed to the old Math teacher. While the others rushed out to the cafetaria, Hyoyeon was still working on the Math problems.

"Hey beautiful, are you going to do that forever?" A guy with frog body asked. The girl ignored him, this is much more important than that frog. She lifted up her glasses that was sliding down her nose and quickly kept her books into her bag. I shouldn't be late.

Rushing out of the class, Hyoyeon kept on glancing on her wristwatch, making sure that she would not be late for another heartbreaking 'date' with her forever-loved crush. She headed to the school field, the place where Eunhyuk spend his lunchbreak everyday.

Ah, he's here. Seeing him sleeping peacefully already made her heart go crazy. Calming herself, Hyoyeon plastered a wide grin  before walking steadily to Eunhyuk who was currently having his short nap. "Eunhyuk!" She called out his name cheerfully.

Hyoyeon could hear the brunette's grunt as he heard her voice. She didn't pay any heed to his response. "Hi Hyukkie! I've made a bento for you. Ta-da!" She held a cute bento box in front of his face.

"Let's eat this together, ok?" She placed her soft hands on Eunhyuk's arm, gesturing him to sit down and have lunch with her. The brunette sighed, and sat beside Hyoyeon with an annoyed look. He just stared at the girl who was eagerly explaining the ingredients of the bento and its nutritions. Ignoring her voice that was playing like an old radio, Eunhyuk rested his head on the tree and closed his tired eyes.

"In fact, egg yolk is actually good for your brain. Though people say eating this will make you fat, egg yolk could help improving your memory. So which do you one, memory improvement or weight gain? But I don't think you should worry about gaining weight since you're so thin and.."

Uughh... Eunhyuk grabbed his stomach in pain. "Aarrgghhh... help..." he whimpered. Hyoyeon gasped and placed the bento box on the ground. "Hyuk, you're okay?" She asked.

Eunhyuk didn't answer her question. His hands kept pressing his flat stomach. "Pain.. aaarrgghhhh!" He cried out loud, causing Hyoyeon tears to fall. "What's wrong, Hyukkie? Tell me!" She shook his body violently.

He wriggled his legs and gritted his teeth very hard that veins were appearing on his temple. Sweats kept on dripping from his forehead. Hyoyeon who had seen much of his suffering could not take it any longer pulled him to her chest. "Tell me what's wrong.." Tears fell from her cheeks to Eunhyuk's face.

"So p-painful.. It's h-h-hurt.. Aaahhh!!" Eunhyuk yelled in pain. "Painful? Where? Tell me!" Hyoyeon asked, her voice was filled with panic and anxiety.

"My head! It's hurt!" he grabbed his stomach even harder. Hyoyeon was confused, "But you're grabbing your tummy." Realising his folly, Eunhyuk shifted his hands to his head. "Here! My head hurts!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE THE WORST ACTOR EVER, LEE EUNHYUK!" Eunhyuk stopped writhing about as he heard a familiar laugh. Seeing Donghae laughing hard on the ground a few metres away from him, he sat to normal position.

Hyoyeon wiped her tears and searched for the voice. "Acting?" She turned to Eunhyuk. He was staring at Donghae with a stern look plastered on her face. "You're not sick? You were fine?" She asked as she placed her palm on his left cheek. The guy pushed her hand away. "Don't touch me."

Donghae sat beside Hyoyeon. "He's fine, Hyo. If he's sick, I'll be the first to know." The girl huffed a relieved sigh. "Good to know that you're okay."

Eunhyuk can't believe what he just heard. This girl never feel heartbroken before? How many times do I need to reject her to stop from liking me? Is sh a masochist? Does she enjoy pain? Oh no, I need to stay away from her, she might be dangerous. She should be mad when I make fun of her feelings.

"So.. since you're okay, let's have this together." She picked a rice ball and held it in front of Eunhyuk. "Aaa.." He pursed his lips tightly, showing his refusal.

Not giving up, Hyoyeon showed the bento to him and gave him the chopsticks. "Here, choose the one appeals to you."

"I don't want to eat such , dont you get it?!"He pushed her hand roughly, causing the bento to fall from her grip and the contents scattered on the grassy field. Ignoring the mess, he marched to his class.

Donghae watched the scene with empathy. This girl was being hurt many times. He felt sorry for her. "I'm sorry, Hyoyeon. Eunhyuk should be softer to you." He tapped her shoulder lightly.

"It's okay. I understand. He might not like Japanese food. I-I should have known that." She tried to hold back her tears and hid her disappointment. Donghae pulled her to a hug. "I'll try to talk to him later, okay? Don't cry." He caressed her back, trying to endure her sadness.

"Thanks." Hyoyeon pushed him away gently. "I should get back to my class. Bye" She picked the scattered contents of  bento and hurried to her class. Donghae just watched running away, his blood was boiling with Eunhyuk's action towards the pitiful girl.

 

Author's Note

Hi! I haven't updated for long! I'm thinking to delete this story but when I realised that I have a new subscriber, my writing mood boots and here comes chapter 2! Seems like chapter 1 is better right? I've canceled my editing request, and I'm sorry if this chapter is horrible.. Anyone's willing to be my editor? :)

Peace from Malaysia. #PrayforMH370.

Nimos ;)