Chapter 4

Way to Your Heart

"Your class did so bad for the mid-year exam. Your results hurt my eyes so much that I don't want to see them anymore." Mrs Jung placed the Biology papers on the table and settled down on her chair. "Take your own papers."

The class president stood up to take the papers and distributed them to his classmates. Mrs Jung slapped his hand as he touched the papers, really hard. "What did I just say, take your own papers, right?" She whispered with a low tone,  With a scared look, he searched for his papers and rushed to his place.

Everyone stood up and took their papers, the word failed written all over their faces. All of them, except for Eunhyuk. He blinked on the Biology paper marked with big red letter-F. F.. okay.. He shoved it inside his bag.

"I'm not teaching today, my head hurts so much after marking your papers. Do correction on your own. If I spot the same mistake, you'll be having detention class at the Biology Lab, writing answers from encyclopaedias thrice for an answer. Correction due tomorrow." She left the class with a disappointed look.

 


 

He stared on his paper. Dance class.. or Biology.. I had dance contest next three month, and Biology correction which is due tomorrow. "Ah! with school! I'm gonna be a dancer anyway." He crumpled the paper and threw it somewhere in his room. He grabbed his backpack and headed off to his dance class.

 


 

"Eunhyuk? Hyukkie, can I come in?" Mrs Lee asked softly in fornt of his son's room. After waiting a couple of minutes for an answer, she just turned the door knob and went inside the room.

"What a mess! A tornado just hit this room?" She grumbled as she picked up Eunhyuk's shattered clothes on his bed. She cleaned the bed and picked some papers on the floor. Something marked in red caught her eyes

"History.. E... WHAT?!" She flipped through the papers that she just picked and found that that they was Eunhyuk's exam paper. He failed almost all subjects.. Hyukkie I didn't send you to school to fail.. As a tear slipped from her eye, she began searching for more exam papers and stacked them. She headed downstairs, waiting for her son to be home.

 


 

"I'm home.." Eunhyuk said lazily and hobbled upstairs to his room. "Eunhyuk" His eyes wide open as he heard somone calling his name. He turned around, and seeing her mother sitting at the couch, he heaved a relieved sigh. He was scared. "Mm?"

"I want to talk to you." His mother said sternly. 

"Ok." He was wondering about what his mother going to talk about when he saw a stack of papers on the coffee table. He gulped. So she knew about my marks..

Mrs Lee cleared . "You just came back from dance class, aren't you?" Eunhyuk nodded slowly. "Guess that you are not interested in studying anymore, right?"

Eunhyuk frozed. Of course he won't tell his mother about his dream, she'll be mad. "Umm.. you've seen my exam papers?" He asked. The next two seconds, he felt like slapping his mouth for asking such question.

"What are you doing at school, huh? Dancing when the teacher is teaching? Tell me, what kind of future could dance give you?" Mrs Lee asked, trying to suppress her anger.

"Dancing is my hobby, you should have known that!" Eunhyuk almost shouted.

"I've known that for long. But, I'm not wasting money for your school fees to see you failing in exams!" Mrs Lee replied. She was disappointed. She wants the best for her son but she can't stand his laziness.

The boy just remained silent. He stared at his exam papers. His mother cried silently. "You're taking school as a game, aren't you? Do you know that without education, you're nothing! If you're not doing well for your final exam, no more dancing for you, Lee Hyukjae." Mrs Lee gave her final decision.

"You're being unfair to me! You should let me choose my own my way.. Fine then, I'm quitting school!" He blurted and ran upstairs, feeling totally mad.

 



 

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Missing Hyo? Don't worry, she'll be around soon. :) Moral of the chapter, education is always important. I once had this crazy thought of qutting school and work and attend martial arts classe so I can be a martial artist. But I'm much matured now and I know how important school to me. So kids, study well, alright?

Enjoy reading! Comments and subscribe are loved by nimos.